Frontpump is offline Associate Member

Dutasteride on Cycle, what to expect.

I asked and searched about dht blockers, yet nobody knows if they'll prevent shedding while on cycle.

So I did a very small experiment on myself, am happy to say that-

You can probably expect significantly reduced shedding, even with AAS.

Now I didn't use AAS for this, I used creatine. Don't be an idiot about creatine, read my post with the NLM link regarding creatine and DHT. That said, onvioisly the only way to know is to use AAS. But the mechanisms are the same, and creatine was a safe way to test this while prepping for my next run.

So I took approximately 5g of dutasteride over 2 weeks (basically, that's a lot). Then ate well over 200g of creatine blends in the following 6 weeks.

Zero shedding. Both have long half lives, so consider that.

Meaning, dutasteride blocks creatine derived DHT in the scalp, anecdotally, and will likely block testosterone derived DHT as well.

Dutasteride doesn't do shit for actual DHT-based compounds, since it's already DHT.

So if you want to save hair and do AAS, avoid DHT based compounds and add dutasteride.

Correct me if I am wrong but...
    200 grams of creatine over 6 weeks works out to be 5 grams a day.
    5 grams a day of creatine is the normal dose.

I have never heard of anyone going bald by using creatine.

Frontpump is offline Associate Member
    Sure, a normal dose of creatine mono hydrate. 3G more widely recommended, but 5G is fine.

But the blend was creatine nitrate, creatine magnesium chelate, creatine hydrochloride, creatine anhydrous, creatine mono hydrate.

I consider that a lot. And like I said, for balding, read my post about creatine and DHT. You never heard cause you never knew.

Thread Information