Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mp859

Thread: question about anastrozole during cycle

T-boner is offline Associate Member

question about anastrozole during cycle

I'm planning my next cycle. I plan to do the intermediate bulking cycle that is presented on this website. That cycle is listed as follows.
    Wk 1-12 test 750 per Wk (I may do a little less)
    Week 1-10 deca 400 per wk
    Week 1-5 dbol 50 per day
    Week 1-12 hcg 250 twice per Wk
    Pct Clomid & Nolvadex ed for 4 weeks

It is suggested as part of this cycle that I take .25mg of anastrozole every other day and I can up that if needed. A friend of mine is telling me not to do that unless my estrogen level starts going up. So my question is, should I just go ahead and take it or wait to see if it is needed? If I'm taking it regularly and start to feel bad, how will I know if the reason i feel bad is because my estrogen is too high or too low unless I have blood work done immediately to answer that definitively? I'm not planning on doing blood work twice per week so I can tweak my doses and keep everything perfect. I have 2 ways of thinking here. If I don't take it at all then if I feel bad I'll know estrogen is high and I should take some to bring it down. If I'm taking it regularly then it could be possible that I didn't need it and because I took it anyway my estrogen is too low therefore taking more could make it worse but there would be no way to know that so I'd probably take more thinking it's going to help.
    On the other hand, I really don't want to wait for there to be a problem before I react. If you guys already know I need to take it regularly to stay balanced then I'd rather just do it from the start.
    I know somebody is going to ask for stats before answering so here it is.
    I'm 5'10" 41 years old. I am, and have been in great shape my whole life. I compete in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu and mma, training several days per week. I dont know my body fat% but it is very low. My training is so much cardiovascular it's really hard to gain weight. I have always been small. I'm usually cutting weight to make a weight class so it was keeping me small. My plan now is to just get bigger. I was 150 lbs when I recently did a test only cycle for 10 weeks. It was 500 per week of sust. That cycle went perfect as far as I can tell. I began lifting a month or so before that cycle and continued to present which is something I didn't do before cause my workouts were related to grappling so it was mostly exercise with body weight. I ate tons more calories and got on mass gain protein. I felt amazing and gained 20 lbs of all muscle. No problems with pct. Just did Clomid and Nolvadex. Felt back to normal within 7 to 10 days but finishing all 4 weeks now. Haven't lost any gains. Still at 171- 173 lbs and 3 weeks into pct.
    The 1st cycle went so well I plan to do another in a few months. I'm still planning so it can change but as of now I've decided on adding deca because of the joint benefits. I'm a little worried about the reports of low libido from deca but from what I read I shouldn't have that problem if I control estrogen which is the reason for my original question. I understand the dbol in the 1st 5 weeks will jump start the cycle and get me some early gains until the test and deca kick in later. I understand dbol is ruff on the liver so I plan on taking milk thistle and whatever else I can find at the herb shop to detox my liver. I read up on dbol and it said I will retain a lot of water with it if my estrogen goes up and the water retention will cause high blood pressure. That's another reason for my question. I really want to be able to keep my levels balanced. The only other thing I would like to add is a therapeutic level of HGH but I can't find any anywhere. I've read about it on this website and it sounds like it could help me feel better if taken in low doses. I'm not interested in having my hands, ears, organs, and facial features growing out of control so I'd just like to do enough to feel better just that nobody has any.
    So hit me back on this. AI every other day from the start? Or just wait to see if it's needed and then try to get it under control?
    One more thing. What will it feel like if my estrogen goes up too high? I had no problems on the last cycle and felt like a beast the whole time. I really dont have any experience with the down side of this yet so I dont know what to be looking out for.

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I can't read through all of that but take arimidex as soon as you take your first shot. Do not wait until you experience side effects because then you are playing catch up the whole cycle.
    almostgone likes this.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    If your only cycle so far was a 500mg test only cycle then you should either repeat that or maybe up to 600mg Pw. You've only been lifting for about 4 months as far as I can tell, you have cycle really early and should really have waited. If you were purposefully keeping your weight low and then added calories and a lifting regime you would have naturally gained quickly without AAS.

You shouldn't consider your next cycle until at least 16 weeks after the end of this pct.

Your AI should be based on bloodwork on any event but start at 0.25mg EOD.

Read this and educate properly, I'm pleased you are here so you don't cause yourself any harm if you take the right advice.

My First Cycle: Planning and Executing a Successful First Cycle
    Last edited by Back In Black; 03-18-2016 at 01:39 AM.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

I understand that itchy sore nipples are a sign of raised estrogen. What are the signs of too low estrogen? How can I tell them apart so I don't take more AI when I should be taking less? Are there any other symptoms for high estrogen other than the sore nipples?

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Quote Originally Posted by T-boner View Post
    I understand that itchy sore nipples are a sign of raised estrogen. What are the signs of too low estrogen? How can I tell them apart so I don't take more AI when I should be taking less? Are there any other symptoms for high estrogen other than the sore nipples?
    Itchy sores nips are a sign of hormone imbalance, not necessary high e2.

The only way to know for sure if your e2 is elevated is to have blood work.

Follow the advice given in post #4.

I'm going to start another cycle in a couple weeks now. I'm getting the last few details situated now. I know I already asked this several weeks ago but, I'm getting close to starting and it's the thing I am most uncertain about right now. I just don't know whether I should do .25mg Arimidex eod from day 1 or just take it if needed. Here's the reason I'm not sure. My first cycle went perfect as far as I could tell and I never took any AI during the cycle. I did 500mg per week of Sustanon for 10 weeks. No problems. Great gains. PCT was a breeze.
    If my estrogen stayed under control without using any AI then I'm worried I could crash my estrogen this time if I start using it on cycle. If a few more want to chime in before I start it would help me make a decision and settle this in my mind. I know most will say blood work. I understand that but I won't be getting blood work in short intervals so I can tweek dosages and keep everything perfect. I'll do blood work mid way through or if I start feeling like there's problems. I'd really rather not have problems to begin with.
    I read that the 1st cycle should be test only so you can see what it takes to control estrogen in your particular body. Well I did that and it appears that I didn't need to do anything to control it. Should I now add an AI? Oh yeah. Plan to add dbol 1st 5 weeks. Does that increase the need for an AI on cycle?
    The plan right now is
    Week 1-5 dbol (milk thistle daily)
    Week 1-12 hcg 250mg twice per week
    Week 1-12 Sustanon 500mg (2pins/week of 250mg)
    PCT- clomid & Nolvadex

Thread Information