• 1 Post By Proximal
  • 1 Post By BuzzardMarinePumper
  • 1 Post By Proximal
  • 3 Post By Simon1972

Thread: trying to lose fat

kggonzo is offline New Member

trying to lose fat

I'm 39 years old, and weight 250 lbs.

I'm thinking about going to my doctor and asking about steroids to lose some fat. I'm on lipator and they have side effects too. I figure this weight is going to kill me or ruin my knees, so might as well try something else.

I've never been one to enjoy working out, but if I did this, I would start. I have worked out in a gym in the past, but didn't see results and it was discouraging.

I don't want to take something to get huge biceps and a six pack abs. I'd be happy losing 55 lbs and getting to 195. That probably means losing 75 lbs of fat and adding 20 lbs of muscle.

What do you think? What are the side effects? If I take something and workout. Will I be able to maintain the loss when I discontinue use, if I improve my diet?

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Just start working out and improve your diet.

Steroids won't help you lose weight but exercise and a calorie deficit will.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

chab is offline Junior Member
    Steroids will not make you loose weight and with the amount of fats you have you will have major problems with controlling your estrogen levels. Also i don't advise you to loose this amount of weight without working out as u gonna get stretch marks and excess skin all over the place and u will look BAD. Solution: healthy diet + workout + cardio after working out. It will be difficult at start but the change u gonna get will get u hooked up and u will become an adrenaline junkie like me. I started at 108 kg, now i am 85 kg and my looks have changed dramatically, I never even used a fat burner, just healthy food high protein medium carb and low fat intake, people don't even believe that i used to be 108 kg because the muscles i put on filled the excess skin i have.
    Just do it and post your updates

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Diett and training just like BiB says. But i know its hard and i guess you want some extra drive without sides. There goes effedrin and clen ...but.....the best there is has no sides and is called SR9009 and Cardarine. And if you combine those two there is no limit. Ive tried the sr9009 and ist the best ive ever tried.....digg into it, read all about it. These two are almost the only ones they dont brag too much about on their supplement sites.
    And the best part, their actually healthy for your cardivascular system!
    But you will not grow from them directly, as they dont work on the ar.
    Last edited by AR's King Silabolin; 05-11-2016 at 04:32 AM.

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Cut out carbs and watch it drop.

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    Like simon said, look in keto diet, carb cycling etc

Proximal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon1972 View Post
    Cut out carbs and watch it drop.
    At 57 and with a metabolism as slow as molasses, I started the paleo diet, eliminated: bread, pasta, rice, dairy, all high glycemic fruits and of course, any & all junk food. As Simon says (Hey that's pretty good, LOL), I actually did watch the weight drop off. I did hit the weights regularly, but absolutely no cardio.
    Simon1972 likes this.

Marc114 is offline Junior Member
    There is no magic solution. At 40 I was able to lose 135lbs with just a healthy eating and cardio strength training. And trust me , I wasn't starving myself on my diet , found out you can still eat a lot , as long as it's the right food. A ton of veggies, lean protein, a little fruit and dairy ,and some rice. Over the past six years I went from a very unhealthy 325lbs down to 190lbs. I then discovered powerlifting and have put on 25lbs, mostly muscle, all naturally. If I can do it, anybody can.

Many people who try to loose weight do not realize how key diet is in wanting to loose body fat.....more so than exercise. A good clean diet in your case would have a drastic effect and I would also incorporate a light to moderate cardio routine. With these elements in place you should have no problems dropping weight.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 01dragonslayer
    Many people who try to loose weight do not realize how key diet is in wanting to loose body fat.....more so than exercise. A good clean diet in your case would have a drastic effect and I would also incorporate a light to moderate cardio routine. With these elements in place you should have no problems dropping weight.
    Exactly!

My last competition I was coming off almost a year without training after injury. I was at 23-25% BF, when I changed up my diet for training. By the time I got on stage 21 weeks later I was below 5-6% and I basically did only 15 min of cardio after my weights session. Which was a huge difference than previous where I did tons of cardio and my diet wasn't as strict. I got much better results that way.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

BuzzardMarinePumper is offline Knowledge Member on Prostate Cancer
    Blog Entries
    Paleo and Atkins combo is easier for some people that are not ready for a super tight nutrition regiment ! As stated above lower carbs , eat good fats & learn to read labels ! If weight loose alone is your goal and little if any exercise your nutrition has to be even tighter ! Not everyone can fall into clean tight eating over night and it is not that simple for some people ! Adding a gallon of water a day added to your diet also will help you to actually loose water weight because your body will stop storing water .
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 05-12-2016 at 05:44 AM.
    Tlolec the toilet likes this.

H
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzardMarinePumper View Post
    Paleo and Atkins combo is easier for some people that are not ready for a super tight nutrition regiment ! .
    Not quite sure how to interpret that exactly, it comes off a little condescending to me, no offense. Previous to Paleo my diet was spot on, but at that time I had unknown nasty high prolactin levels due to a pituitary tumor that was shutting down my T production. Along comes Paleo and 15 pounds falls off effortlessly, all while I am eating more and assumably increasing my metabolism. I mentioned no cardio because after wearing out my first pair of hips, I am in no hurry to wear out my replacements.

Bottom line for me - Paleo kicked ass even with no cardio, a slowed metabolism and no testosterone .

BuzzardMarinePumper is offline Knowledge Member on Prostate Cancer
    Blog Entries
    I in no way meant anything negative I was just offering a general thought and if you were on a strict Paleo diet and can eat that tight there is no worry other than possibly a little more fat allowances ! I in no way meant anything offensive and wish you all the luck in the world ! It was almost impossible fore me at 56 to loose that suborn fat on my back ! I actually had better success with belly fat than that last amount in my lower back . It is all melting away now that I have started backpacking and when humphing gear on the trail I burn 800 to 1000 calories an hour and even keep burning into my exhausted sleep ! That was what got me over the hump !

I guess I should have clarified that my post was to the OP and not directed towards you ! So any misunderstanding I hope will be clarified

Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    H

Not quite sure how to interpret that exactly, it comes off a little condescending to me, no offense. Previous to Paleo my diet was spot on, but at that time I had unknown nasty high prolactin levels due to a pituitary tumor that was shutting down my T production. Along comes Paleo and 15 pounds falls off effortlessly, all while I am eating more and assumably increasing my metabolism. I mentioned no cardio because after wearing out my first pair of hips, I am in no hurry to wear out my replacements.

Bottom line for me - Paleo kicked ass even with no cardio, a slowed metabolism and no testosterone.
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 05-11-2016 at 08:54 PM.
    Proximal likes this.

Appreciate that very much. Yeah, that lower back fat is tough. Have a good one.

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Don't listen to the nay sayers, paleo is a nutritionally responsible diet and proven scientifically.

Thread Information