Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB
  • 1 Post By MuscleScience
  • 1 Post By FlemSnopes

Thread: Sprint interval MASS GAINS!!!

Marsoc is offline Productive Member

Sprint interval MASS GAINS!!!

Heard and agree that sprint intervals and other sprint related workouts a good for mass gains. And not so much a cardio tools to "lost weight" Ya know what I mean. Anyone have any thoughts on this

Vash the Stampede is offline Associate Member
    Head over to the workout and training section. Plenty of knowledgeable people there to discuss your topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Marsoc
    Heard and agree that sprint intervals and other sprint related workouts a good for mass gains. And not so much a cardio tools to "lost weight" Ya know what I mean. Anyone have any thoughts on this
    You'll gain some size on your legs for sure but...

It won't work for overall mass gains.
    Heck, HIIT is all the rage for losing weight right now.
    (HIIT - high intensity interval training)

Justin Gatlin is 6'1" and 183lbs
    Ursine Bolt is 6'5" and 209lbs

Not very massive for their height.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Mass gains = bodybuilding = train and eat like bodybuilder
    Euroholic likes this.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsoc View Post
    I guess it's a good exercise to maximize muscle fibers recruitment, it might make a nice integrative routine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede View Post
    Head over to the workout and training section. Plenty of knowledgeable people there to discuss your topic.
    O ok I didn't even think about the category. Thanks

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Like dog said above, you'll get some gains for sure but not to the extent a body builder would be looking for. I find sprinting really defines/conditions my legs. My lower body is almost always leaner than my upper body due to performance training and sports but this leads me to have smaller legs than someone with my lifts should have. Just these past 3-4 months I stepped away from performance sports and noticed my legs get a lot bigger while still maintaining the conditioning but for myself its really hard and almost impossible to step away from sports lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Livinlean View Post
    Like dog said above, you'll get some gains for sure but not to the extent a body builder would be looking for. I find sprinting really defines/conditions my legs. My lower body is almost always leaner than my upper body due to performance training and sports but this leads me to have smaller legs than someone with my lifts should have. Just these past 3-4 months I stepped away from performance sports and noticed my legs get a lot bigger while still maintaining the conditioning but for myself its really hard and almost impossible to step away from sports lol.

Right I'd love to have super massive legs, which is a main goal, and I been getting decent leg size and muscle endurance gains when I was training naturally. Also doing the scissors machine induction/abduction or whatever (the leg spread machine). To hit the outer and inner thy area. Looks like a girl workout but I can care less. It's been making my overall mass increase. Adds width real nice outside.
    I love do it on my off days usually, if I was hitting the gym. I definitely couldn't intergrade sprints into any leg day session because I literally can't walk out of the gym post leg day. I guess I love reaping the benifets of training any muscle group when applied to a real life situation. Etc.. Legs/sprints.
    Last edited by Marsoc; 08-25-2016 at 05:08 PM.

Yep. Legs still sore. Only because I haven't trained in 2 years. Either way I love breaking the muscle down any intense way possible aside from weights..

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsoc View Post
    Yep. Legs still sore. Only because I haven't trained in 2 years. Either way I love breaking the muscle down any intense way possible aside from weights..
    I like doing this type of training. It gets boring doing the same shit over and over and over and over again. And it certainly stimulates the muscle and body in a different way
    Marsoc likes this.

FlemSnopes is offline New Member
    Harry Aikines-Aryeetey is a testament to the fact that sprinting won't significantly hinder mass building.

It will obviously not provide any greater mass-building benefit than heavy lifting, but as far as cardio goes, it's a hell of a lot better than jogging.

I'm a little biased on this though.
    Marsoc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FlemSnopes View Post
    Harry Aikines-Aryeetey is a testament to the fact that sprinting won't significantly hinder mass building.

It will obviously not provide any greater mass-building benefit than heavy lifting, but as far as cardio goes, it's a hell of a lot better than jogging.

I'm a little biased on this though.
    Sure thing. I mean look at some of the Olympic sprinters legs. Nice size I think. That short intense burst of fast twitch muscle fibers firing off is the next best thing to weights.. Of course it's not the amount of stress as weight training but still a fair amount of resistance..I like that it's incorporating the endurance and cardio factor into muscle strength, mass etc. efficiency. Baby.. Super set some sprint intervals with stair sprints ( I mainly stair sprint not so much hard ground. Maybe on a dirt trail but don't twist an ankle and do what you can do lol. ) air squats, lunges, calf raises, one leg air squats etc.
    Last edited by Marsoc; 08-26-2016 at 12:13 PM.

Thread Information