Gettin'Old is offline Associate Member

First Experience with Post Cycle Recovery: Not a Big Fan!

Do Y'all find recovery slow. I'm in the second week of clomid after my first cycle. I didn't have and didn't use hcg . Libido is down but not too bad at all. But, I feel real weak and tired in the gym.

I did test cyp 300mg/week for 9 weeks and gained 28 pounds. I went from 190 to 218. I was quite pleased with these results. I've never been that big. I've lost 10 of those back but it was a lot of water and a lot came off my waist. No doubt my muscle size has decreased since I've come off. Arms are no longer bulging out at the seams. Hoping to stabilize and not drop below 205 pounds.

Nuts shrunk up to about half of regular size and seem to have come back some but with a ways to go.

I've kept my diet and protein dialed in post cycle. Training suffered some b/c of work travel and just feeling worn out.

For those of Y'all with experience, does this sound pretty typical?

If I take a good 10-12 weeks off and then hit my next cycle of test and eq can I expect to stabilize back up in the 215 pound range??

Thanks, Go.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Not typical to me, but its a typical reply I see.

I run anti-es throughout my cycle so I never have water weight to lose. Ive never lost size either though.

I jack the cals way up high with very high protien and switch to a high intense but shorter powerlifting style workouts.

Lift Chief is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bathgate
    Not typical to me, but its a typical reply I see.

I run anti-es throughout my cycle so I never have water weight to lose. Ive never lost size either though.

I jack the cals way up high with very high protien and switch to a high intense but shorter powerlifting style workouts.

Word- exactly what i do.

Ok, thanks. I was, and am still, taking about 210 - 230 grams of protein a day. This seems like a shitpile of protein to me. When Y'all are talking about taking in a ton of protein are you talking about much more than this. I'm at about 208-210 pounds now.

I hit at least 400-500 protien when coming off.

I like to be in at least 4000+ cals, but prefer it up closer to 5000.

Nearly 2/5 of my total intake is post workout. 60g protien shake + 90 gram simple carb + 10g monosat fat ~700cals

Then a meal followed of about 100grams protien, 250 grams complex carbs (green vegetables + potatoe mainly) and about 50 grams simple carbs with minimal fat 10-20grams all followed by 40gram whey shake ~1850cals

Currently Im about 240lbs @ 5'7" so adjust that a bit for ya and Id say your set.

May sound like a lot, but its just about right for me...

I hit at least 400-500 protien when coming off.

I like to be in at least 4000+ cals, but prefer it up closer to 5000.

Nearly 2/5 of my total intake is post workout. 60g protien shake + 90 gram simple carb + 10g monosat fat ~700cals

Then a meal followed of about 100grams protien, 250 grams complex carbs (green vegetables + potatoe mainly) and about 50 grams simple carbs with minimal fat 10-20grams all followed by 40gram whey shake ~1850cals

Currently Im about 240lbs @ 5'7" so adjust that a bit for ya and Id say your set.

May sound like a lot, but its just about right for me...

Holy shit - - - you can eat!!

Haha...you should see a true cheat day breakfast for me after a long night of being out

I never used to be able to..but a few cycles of quality test will change that for ya.

Haha...you should see a true cheat day breakfast for me after a long night of being out

I never used to be able to..but a few cycles of quality test will change that for ya.

I've never had a problem with the eating thing myself - - in fact quite enjoy hording it all down. Only thing is, at 34 yrs old, with a hectic job, wife, kid etc. etc. I don't have time for everything (i.e. much cardio) and so get worried the fat will start piling on if the cals go way way up. Nonetheless, after a couple more cycles maybe that won't be a prob.

Thread Information