Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Ashop

Thread: AAS in golden era - which???

TestoSuper is offline Associate Member

AAS in golden era - which???

Hello guys,
    I would like to have your opinion on this topic: the use of AAS in the golden era (1960/70)
    I've always been very curious about the use of steroids by these persons,
    I am referring to people like Schwarzenegger, Zane, Columbu, Ferrigno etc ..
    Doing research on the web we read thet that they have definitely used Dianabol , Deca and in some sources also it talks about primobolan (I think oral) ... but strangely no one speaks of testosterone ... isn't it very strange? Testosterone was the first steroid chemically synthesizedin 1930) ..
    I think they used much testosterone as a base in their cycles before any other steroid, what do you think about this?
    and what about PCT? they not made it at that time??

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    They couldnt use testosterone as there was no AI available

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    They couldnt use testosterone as there was no AI available
    but also the dianabol aromatizes very much... how is it that they used a lot of dianabol without AI ??

Vash the Stampede is offline Associate Member
    This is a much debated topic, and there is very little in terms of solid evidence to prove which compounds were used. So I'll throw my opinion in here for what it's worth.

Golden era bodybuilders most definitely had access to most of what we use today. The classic compounds were probably dianabol , deca and testosterone .

Tren did come about later on the scene, as did various oral compounds like T-bol.

The biggest difference between golden era and today is probably HGH and dosages of those same compounds. I would think that Arnold and the boys didn't use half as much gear as we do today.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TestoSuper View Post
    but also the dianabol aromatizes very much... how is it that they used a lot of dianabol without AI ??
    They used it intermittently

Quote Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede View Post
    This is a much debated topic, and there is very little in terms of solid evidence to prove which compounds were used. So I'll throw my opinion in here for what it's worth.

Golden era bodybuilders most definitely had access to most of what we use today. The classic compounds were probably dianabol , deca and testosterone .

Tren did come about later on the scene, as did various oral compounds like T-bol.

The biggest difference between golden era and today is probably HGH and dosages of those same compounds. I would think that Arnold and the boys didn't use half as much gear as we do today.
    Yes I also think that gh and insulin were not used at all (more beautiful and thinner abdomens, lower body smaller than upper body etc.) and honestly I like much more these bodies than the current ones with the use of GH and insulin (these seems too artificial)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    They used it intermittently
    certainly that's for sure... I've read that they used Deca at 200 mg/week only for many weeks after the cycle to consolidate the gains... but I don't know if it's real

Vash the Stampede is offline Associate Member
    Yes I also think that gh and insulin were not used at all (more beautiful and thinner abdomens, lower body smaller than upper body etc.) and honestly I like much more these bodies than the current ones with the use of GH and insulin (these seems too artificial)
    Totally agree with you. I'm a big fan on the classic era. Lean with small waist and V taper. I think bodybuilders today are unbelievably huge. If you have met any of them, they don't seem human lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede View Post
    Totally agree with you. I'm a big fan on the classic era. Lean with small waist and V taper. I think bodybuilders today are unbelievably huge. If you have met any of them, they don't seem human lol.
    I agree.. I also think exactly like you.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    certainly that's for sure... I've read that they used Deca at 200 mg/week only for many weeks after the cycle to consolidate the gains... but I don't know if it's real
    They bridged with primo a lot then... non-aromatizing they'd that in for a few wks... high doses kept em hard and more grainy imo

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    They def used test and dianabol . I agree with primo too

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    They bridged with primo a lot then... non-aromatizing they'd that in for a few wks... high doses kept em hard and more grainy imo
    yes a lot of primo as bridge and even before competitions..

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Don't let anyone fool you,,,they used plenty of testosterone back then.
    Cuz, BG and Booz like this.

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    IMO they used plenty of test back then,
    but they obtained their dry look by staying on other AAS than test thus lowering E2.
    I've tried dianabol only (quite recently, just a drug test experiment) and over just a few weeks (it felt horrible when T levels began to fall, I'd been using test e right up to it, so my levels were steadily falling) I got dry and ripped, and feeling more and more unwell with some crazy mood changes, 30-50mg ED.
    I think dianabol (this was without AI) causes much less bloat than test, though I know new guys often get bloated on DBOL only cycles.
    But diet effects bloat a lot also.

My experience with anadrol is that I get much less bloat from it now than i did earlier too, but if test intake is high it really puts on more water.

I think they used test in much smaller dosages than now also,
    and did more cycles were test wasn't included. I also think they stayed on for most of the year, perhaps just a couple of weeks off and then back on.

So basically I think they avoided bloat by avoiding too much aromatization, simply by not using that much aromatizing compounds.
    DBOL does convert to a strong estrogen, but in a low rate.
    Deca doesn't aromatize much either.

We know from the East German doping program they used Testosterone esters, hCG , turinabol up to competitons. The doses of test weren't that high, quite mild actually, while the dosages of TBOL was high, and often higher for women.
    HCG was also used, they wanted to stimulate test production before the comp so that the ratio of T to epitestosterone would be ok, and keep T up when going off the test or TBOL.

Bodybuilders weren't tested, so they could use more compounds,
    so stacking compounds to maximize anabolic potential and minimize estrogen is what I think they did. (To the best of their ability, which led to some mistakes, but all in all well done for the times)

Kaido is offline Junior Member
    My granpa was a bodybuilder in the golden era. From what he told me, he and others were mostly on primo and d-bol pyramiding up and down.

Quote Originally Posted by DocToxin8 View Post
    IMO they used plenty of test back then,
    but they obtained their dry look by staying on other AAS than test thus lowering E2.
    I've tried dianabol only (quite recently, just a drug test experiment) and over just a few weeks (it felt horrible when T levels began to fall, I'd been using test e right up to it, so my levels were steadily falling) I got dry and ripped, and feeling more and more unwell with some crazy mood changes, 30-50mg ED.
    I think dianabol (this was without AI) causes much less bloat than test, though I know new guys often get bloated on DBOL only cycles.
    But diet effects bloat a lot also.

My experience with anadrol is that I get much less bloat from it now than i did earlier too, but if test intake is high it really puts on more water.

I think they used test in much smaller dosages than now also,
    and did more cycles were test wasn't included. I also think they stayed on for most of the year, perhaps just a couple of weeks off and then back on.

So basically I think they avoided bloat by avoiding too much aromatization, simply by not using that much aromatizing compounds.
    DBOL does convert to a strong estrogen, but in a low rate.
    Deca doesn't aromatize much either.

We know from the East German doping program they used Testosterone esters, hCG , turinabol up to competitons. The doses of test weren't that high, quite mild actually, while the dosages of TBOL was high, and often higher for women.
    HCG was also used, they wanted to stimulate test production before the comp so that the ratio of T to epitestosterone would be ok, and keep T up when going off the test or TBOL.

Bodybuilders weren't tested, so they could use more compounds,
    so stacking compounds to maximize anabolic potential and minimize estrogen is what I think they did. (To the best of their ability, which led to some mistakes, but all in all well done for the times)
    intersting..

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido View Post
    My granpa was a bodybuilder in the golden era. From what he told me, he and others were mostly on primo and d-bol pyramiding up and down.
    What kind of primobolan ? acetate?
    and what dosages did they assume of both?

Kaido is offline Junior Member
    What kind of primobolan ? acetate?
    and what dosages did they assume of both?
    I don't know exactly, but from what I remember he would get a primo injection every 5 days and take dbol only in the morning before training.

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I remember from a documentary about Ricky Brusch, a Swedish discos athlete that eventually got caught for doping, but made a few world records before that.
    In this documentary he plays himself as what he did in the 60-70s,
    and he's counting tablets he puts in plastic bags, one bag for each day.
    Then the line "..386 tablets each day, but I need 500 to feel truly good, hmm..."
    Just an awesome scene. Ofcourse not all (in fact probably quite few) of these tablets were AAS, the rest were supplements.
    But it gives an insight into what thinking he had.

He also shoots up some Testoviron into his glutes, and then proceeds to open another vial of 250mg Testoviron which he puts a tiny straw into and drinks the whole thing. (I know, waste of test, but a small portion will be absorbed, just like with andriol caps)

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    lol yes they used test. They used what ever they could.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by DocToxin8 View Post
    I remember from a documentary about Ricky Brusch, a Swedish discos athlete that eventually got caught for doping, but made a few world records before that.
    In this documentary he plays himself as what he did in the 60-70s,
    and he's counting tablets he puts in plastic bags, one bag for each day.
    Then the line "..386 tablets each day, but I need 500 to feel truly good, hmm..."
    Just an awesome scene. Ofcourse not all (in fact probably quite few) of these tablets were AAS, the rest were supplements.
    But it gives an insight into what thinking he had.

He also shoots up some Testoviron into his glutes, and then proceeds to open another vial of 250mg Testoviron which he puts a tiny straw into and drinks the whole thing. (I know, waste of test, but a small portion will be absorbed, just like with andriol caps)
    I saw a documentary on youtube where Lou Ferrigno takes a handful of pills (without counting) and swallowed all with water, it is not clear if they were supplements or AAs !!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido View Post
    I don't know exactly, but from what I remember he would get a primo injection every 5 days and take dbol only in the morning before training.
    I do not know exactly, but I think weren't very low doses ... in a documentary Arnold told to take "three dianabol a day" (so 30 mg) but I think much more than this..

Thread Information