Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Livinlean
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB

Thread: PWO Protein Questioin

Jonbana is offline Member

PWO Protein Questioin

Fast Question ,
    PWO I take a shake like most do than about 1 hour after the shake I eat a balanced meal ,
    I take two scoop isolate protein 50G protein 80g carbs , now do any of you use a blend I use to mix my own 50% isolate 50% casein enough studies show this keeps protein levels higher longer because it doesn't drop off , now I always did this when I was going 3-4 hours with no meal after my shake but since I workout before dinner I went back to isolate only , but so many studies show a blend is better than whey alone but does this matter when you are eating a solid meal 1 hour after the shake should you still use a blend or stick to pure isolate to get it out of your stomach before the next meal

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I can't see why a blend would be beneficial if you're having that meal an hour after. I was always under the same assumption as you are.

I do a scoop of isolate with a cup of egg whites and i'll add in oats and blueberries sometimes if I want the added carbs. Followed by 6oz chicken and 1.5 cups rice about 45 mins later.
    Marsoc likes this.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonbana View Post
    Fast Question ,
    PWO I take a shake like most do than about 1 hour after the shake I eat a balanced meal ,
    I take two scoop isolate protein 50G protein 80g carbs , now do any of you use a blend I use to mix my own 50% isolate 50% casein enough studies show this keeps protein levels higher longer because it doesn't drop off , now I always did this when I was going 3-4 hours with no meal after my shake but since I workout before dinner I went back to isolate only , but so many studies show a blend is better than whey alone but does this matter when you are eating a solid meal 1 hour after the shake should you still use a blend or stick to pure isolate to get it out of your stomach before the next meal
    I wouldn't bother with casein other then if I'm going to bed becuae it's slow digesting and long time sleeping with no food. I wouldn't bother taking it post workout since after my isolate shake I'm eating afterwords and don't need that slow casein ..

Yeah that's why I switched back to a pure isolate pwo cause of the meal shortly after to keep levels up
    but all research lately shows a blend is 10000x superior pwo but doesn't stated when they have the next meal

I was doing ground oats as well but went back to vitargo since I want it digested fast before the meal

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonbana View Post
    Yeah that's why I switched back to a pure isolate pwo cause of the meal shortly after to keep levels up
    but all research lately shows a blend is 10000x superior pwo but doesn't stated when they have the next meal

I was doing ground oats as well but went back to vitargo since I want it digested fast before the meal
    I haven't done much research on which is superior but i'd be a bit concerned that this data could be brought out my supplement manufacturers. If they can convince us casein is better then they'll be increasing their profit margins dramatically. Not saying the info isn't true tho because I truly don't know.

Like Marsoc, the only time I have casein is before bed but even then sometimes I opt for isolate with 3 whole eggs.

Yeah I know what your saying there livinlean I'm to lazy to pull them up but you are definitely thinking right as most studies I think where pwo than no meal so yes a blend would be superior I don't see how it could be better when eating right after it would slow everything down I only take casein before bed as well now with 6 whole eggs

Pwo I've done oat and fruit but I'm a firm believer in fast carbs still to clear before the meal love vitargo but exspensive

For PWO, I eat a piece of whole wheat bread slathered in honey. Get fast carb into my system as I'm walking out of the gym. Then I get a shake into me.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    For PWO, I eat a piece of whole wheat bread slathered in honey. Get fast carb into my system as I'm walking out of the gym. Then I get a shake into me.
    Sorry Scotch but have to disagree.

Post work you are supposed to have GH pulse, which will be completed halted if you ingest any carbs or fats.

Wait minimum 30 minutes after leaving the gym to consume carbs.
    hammerheart likes this.

Bb exapkin you theory please ?

I workout 45 minutes than 15-20 minute cardio afterwords

Shove down a shake 50g isolate 80g vitargo than a meal 1 hour after

Use to do oats and than skip the meal

Thread Information