Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By songdog
  • 2 Post By Juced_porkchop
  • 2 Post By ScotchGuard02

Thread: How Long Should I workout b4 Cycle

Boneslapper2002 is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries

How Long Should I workout b4 Cycle

How long should I workout b4 I cycle? I started working out a year ago but had to stop in September 2016 due to a torn rotator cuff which I had surgery on October 27,2016. I plan to workout in March or April which will 6 months after my recovery from surgery, I am 49 yrs old and have worked out in middle school ( 3 Years) and high school (4 years ) but stop around 20 yrs old got married and thought I would spend more time with my exwife, what a bad choice. Is there such a thing as muscle memory? I read a post that suggest I workout for a couple of years b4 Cycling. I'm wondering if this is why I tore my rotator cuff in the first place because I started my first cycle 7 months into working out. Can I start my cycle sooner than that and lift lighter weight and still get gains? Please share your thoughts!!!

Jonbana is offline Member
    Most will say train till you hit your genetic potential than consider AAS ,

You need diet and Training inline before you consider something like this , otherwise you will waste time money and health ...

make sure you look into the longer term effects and make sure you are ok with all the negatives...

no one can stop you from cycling at the end of the day its your choice when you start some start young some start late its when you feel its right its your body not ours

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonbana View Post
    Most will say train till you hit your genetic potential than consider AAS ,

You need diet and Training inline before you consider something like this , otherwise you will waste time money and health ...

make sure you look into the longer term effects and make sure you are ok with all the negatives...

no one can stop you from cycling at the end of the day its your choice when you start some start young some start late its when you feel its right its your body not ours
    I appreciate your advice I was more concerned about tendon or ligament tears.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Quote Originally Posted by Boneslapper2002 View Post
    I appreciate your advice I was more concerned about tendon or ligament tears.
    You should listen to the advise above. Your history at 49 yrs olds is you worked out in middle and high school? Come on dude really. Reach your genetic max before you consider steroids . You my friend haven't scratched the surface.

You need to train longer before you start the juice.
    You could easily strain or injure your tendons and ligaments.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    You should listen to the advise above. Your history at 49 yrs olds is you worked out in middle and high school? Come on dude really. Reach your genetic max before you consider steroids. You my friend haven't scratched the surface.
    I agree with you Cape some what, I have gotten to fertil ground for sure, not deep but have scratched the service I worked really hard 7 days 7 months will get you results. I may not look like you but don't let the smooth taste fool you. I'm not a slouch I look very well for the 7 months I've worked out plus I was always muscular anyway. I do understand what you and others are saying because I don't want to tear a tendon or ligament for sure.
    Last edited by Boneslapper2002; 01-02-2017 at 07:38 PM.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    And besides not enough hit the weights so soon after Rotor cuff surgery isn't a smart thing.And running gear and lifting light sorry but that sounds really crazy.
    Boneslapper2002 likes this.

Couchlock is offline Banned

I agree with you Cape some what, I have gotten to fertil ground for sure, not deep but have scratched the service I worked really hard 7 days 7 months will get you results. I may not look like you but don't let the smooth taste fool you. I'm not a slouch I look very well for the 7 months I've worked out plus I was always muscular anyway. I do understand what you and others are saying because I don't want to tear a tendon or ligament for sure.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	319Sortlist-Facebook-Stickers.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	166813

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    atleast a year IMO.. really more, but atleast a year
    songdog and Boneslapper2002 like this.

Can I start my cycle sooner than that and lift lighter weight and still get gains? Please share your thoughts!!!
    Are you low testosterone ? At 49 many guys are. 150 mg a week of testosterone and a shitload of cardio may do you wonders in all aspects of your life.

Follow your doctor's instructions on when to lift or you will be getting shoulder surgery again.

Injuries and weight training go hand in hand at your age (I should know, since we are of similar age). Your joints are not 18 anymore.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnsedentary View Post
    Are you low testosterone ? At 49 many guys are. 150 mg a week of testosterone and a shitload of cardio may do you wonders in all aspects of your life.

Follow your doctor's instructions on when to lift or you will be getting shoulder surgery again.

Injuries and weight training go hand in hand at your age (I should know, since we are of similar age). Your joints are not 18 anymore.
    I don't think I suffer from low testosterone yet because my wife says so however, I have not ever had it checked because my wife said its not broke yet. I guess its good to get it checked out though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	319Sortlist-Facebook-Stickers.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	166813
    Ok maybe a day or two break!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    And besides not enough hit the weights so soon after Rotor cuff surgery isn't a smart thing.And running gear and lifting light sorry but that sounds really crazy.
    Thanks Songdog I will not run my gear this year maybe in 2018.

Couchlock is offline Banned

Thanks Songdog I will not run my gear this year maybe in 2018.
    What is do, and its actually what i do is.

Pretend your on gear, eat like it, lift like it, sleep like it.

You'll be surprised what can be achieved on your natty levels alone.

Gear is 10%, everything else makes up the remaining 90%

Eat clean and quality high protein, moderate carbs , lower fats (35-50g) lift to fail, 4x week or 5

5 30 minute cardio a week, or more if you can fit it, sleep 8 hours.

You may decide, after about a year, gear is not needed.

Or not, but you'll be glad you did it this way.

You're sorta in my age group. Once you get a torn rotator, you need to take off for a while. I got my supraS rotator stitched up a couple of years ago and had to lay off for 6 months before I started training. It took a year to get that shoulder back to normal strength. Sexual performance is not a measure of low T. BTW, I'm glad all your equipment works well. LOL You should get your T level checked anyways. Just the TRT dosage will start to lean you out and increase your muscle density. I would say you need to train pretty regularly for several years before you're ready for AAS. Well, at least a year of hard, serious training.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    You're sorta in my age group. Once you get a torn rotator, you need to take off for a while. I got my supraS rotator stitched up a couple of years ago and had to lay off for 6 months before I started training. It took a year to get that shoulder back to normal strength. Sexual performance is not a measure of low T. BTW, I'm glad all your equipment works well. LOL You should get your T level checked anyways. Just the TRT dosage will start to lean you out and increase your muscle density. I would say you need to train pretty regularly for several years before you're ready for AAS. Well, at least a year of hard, serious training.
    Scotchgaurd02 I will be getting my T Level checked so are you suggesting if my TLevel is low that I start a TRT now? because it's only been 2 months since my surgery when do you think I should start? I am in the gym doing 30min cardio ED and leg workout EOD. Thoughts please!!!!

Thread Information