Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fit_deskjocky

Thread: First Cycle weight: Not gaining weight.

CALLMEOCT is offline Associate Member

First Cycle weight: Not gaining weight.

Height: 6.1'

First Week - From Monday June 12th to Monday 19th: Starting Cycle weight: 94.2kg

Second week: From Monday 19th to Monday 26th: Starting weight 96.5Kg

Third Week: From Monday 26th to Monday 3rd July: Starting weight: 95.4kg

Fourth Week: From Monday 3rd July to Monday 10th: Starting weight: 95.9kg

Friday 7 July: Weight 94.6kg

I started my cycle at 3650 Calories; was having issues to gain weight and raised my calorie intake up to 4100 Calories.

Even at 4100 Calories im going down weight wise. At this point im considering a dirty bulk in order to go even higher calorie wise, raise my fats and get some weight; but im not sure.
    50%carbs 25/25 Prot/Fats is my current diet; wich gets filled mainly by oats, potatoes, chiken, fish (tuna and salmon), rice in almost every single food, some pasta; cereals and whole milk.

I play soccer, we train twice a week and play a 90min. match during weekend on sundays. The huge amount of cardio in, might be the reason why im not gaining weight even at 4100 calories.

Should i give up and dirty bulk? Should i raise my calorie intake even more?

Thanks for reading, have a great weekend!

fit_deskjocky is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CALLMEOCT View Post
    Height: 6.1'

First Week - From Monday June 12th to Monday 19th: Starting Cycle weight: 94.2kg

Second week: From Monday 19th to Monday 26th: Starting weight 96.5Kg

Third Week: From Monday 26th to Monday 3rd July: Starting weight: 95.4kg

Fourth Week: From Monday 3rd July to Monday 10th: Starting weight: 95.9kg

Friday 7 July: Weight 94.6kg

I started my cycle at 3650 Calories; was having issues to gain weight and raised my calorie intake up to 4100 Calories.

Even at 4100 Calories im going down weight wise. At this point im considering a dirty bulk in order to go even higher calorie wise, raise my fats and get some weight; but im not sure.
    50%carbs 25/25 Prot/Fats is my current diet; wich gets filled mainly by oats, potatoes, chiken, fish (tuna and salmon), rice in almost every single food, some pasta; cereals and whole milk.

I play soccer, we train twice a week and play a 90min. match during weekend on sundays. The huge amount of cardio in, might be the reason why im not gaining weight even at 4100 calories.

Should i give up and dirty bulk? Should i raise my calorie intake even more?

Thanks for reading, have a great weekend!
    Your metabolism is probably through the roof from the 90 min HIIT session on Sunday plus the 2 practices. You have a couple of options, eat more or become shredded. I figure atleast 3 days a week you are in a calorie deficit. You are 24 though, feel free to eat like shit a little. Enjoy food while you can
    wrecks72 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fit_deskjocky View Post
    Your metabolism is probably through the roof from the 90 min HIIT session on Sunday plus the 2 practices. You have a couple of options, eat more or become shredded. I figure atleast 3 days a week you are in a calorie deficit. You are 24 though, feel free to eat like shit a little. Enjoy food while you can
    Its weird cause i see myself way more muscular, but im going down weight wise; i might end up giving up and going for dirty bulking and see what happens!

From today and up to the last day of week 5 im going to try eating way more, a bit dirty, keep the cardio and the soccer as it is (i can't stop playing, it makes my life, it gives me joy, gym & soccer are the 2 most important things for myself at this moment - with gf and fam♥).

fit_deskjocky is offline Associate Member
    You'll look bigger as you decrease body fat. Which is why you are looking more muscular

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

this is what im looking like this week. As you can see im starting to have some stripes and looking way more vascular.

If you're cycling a long ester, it's going to take a while for you to "feel it". You're looking good, keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    If you're cycling a long ester, it's going to take a while for you to "feel it". You're looking good, keep going.
    Thanks Scotch! Updated my log here: First Cycle Log - Test E

As you can see, the total weight gained over the course of the last 4 weeks is 2,4kg wich ends up being a total of 600g per week. Wich seems pretty good by now since i dont see myself bloated, nor filled with water.

Will keep everyone posted on Log's thread with some new pics this week!

hardgainer1 is offline Senior Member
    Bro, you look solid and shredded at that weight. If simply adding weight is your concern, like fit-desk said, eat like shit a bit. Add pizza and Ice cream, I'm not even kidding. I think though a better route is to increase calories and protein and continue a slow lean bulk, perhaps EQ would be a nice stack under the test.

Quote Originally Posted by hardgainer1 View Post
    Bro, you look solid and shredded at that weight. If simply adding weight is your concern, like fit-desk said, eat like shit a bit. Add pizza and Ice cream, I'm not even kidding. I think though a better route is to increase calories and protein and continue a slow lean bulk, perhaps EQ would be a nice stack under the test.
    i was thinking about Var during the last couple weeks; but i might let it be as a Test Cycle only.

During the last week (week4) i ate alot of different things, including pizza and ice cream :P! - The bulk went a little dirty, mainly on weekend.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Looking good bro it's hard to put on weight with your routine you are burning a lot of cals right now.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you plan to continue to be a soccer player, do you wanna gain weight? Wouldn't that slow you down?

Thread Information