Results 1 to 24 of 24
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kelkel

Thread: Thyroid THS level 0.89

  1. #1
    Jonbana is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    760

    Thyroid THS level 0.89

    After my blood work my Thyroid THS Level is 0.89 on the very low end .... my doctor said im in range wont do nothing about it , range is 0.80-7.0 for the past year im putting on fat no matter how little or how clean I eat and zero muscle.... I don't know my free t3 and free t4 he wont test for it

    should I maybe put myself on t3 pills or see if this recovers ? I did take t3 with tren back in December 2016

  2. #2
    hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Surrounded by wolves
    Posts
    4,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonbana View Post
    After my blood work my Thyroid THS Level is 0.89 on the very low end .... my doctor said im in range wont do nothing about it , range is 0.80-7.0 for the past year im putting on fat no matter how little or how clean I eat and zero muscle.... I don't know my free t3 and free t4 he wont test for it

    should I maybe put myself on t3 pills or see if this recovers ? I did take t3 with tren back in December 2016
    Looks fine to me.

    Are you sure that's the range for TSH. Modern ones usually top at 3. Even 5 would be outdated.

  3. #3
    Closhmo is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonbana View Post
    After my blood work my Thyroid THS Level is 0.89 on the very low end .... my doctor said im in range wont do nothing about it , range is 0.80-7.0 for the past year im putting on fat no matter how little or how clean I eat and zero muscle.... I don't know my free t3 and free t4 he wont test for it

    should I maybe put myself on t3 pills or see if this recovers ? I did take t3 with tren back in December 2016
    low tsh doesnt mean hypothyroid. you can be having optimal t4 and t3 which causes negative feedback on the pituitary giving the lower tsh value. a very high tsh is more indicative of hpothyroid because of no negative feedback from t4 and t3. get t4 t3 checked.

  4. #4
    AKD_FitChick's Avatar
    AKD_FitChick is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    1,316

    Thyroid THS level 0.89

    My TSH is .02 yes you read that right, but my T3 and T4 are the ones that have to be medicated to keep in good ranges. I do best with my TSH suppressed. I would find an outside lab and test your frees 3 and 4. If those are low as well that is an indicator Of Hypo and then yes meds will help you. I am constantly adjusting my t3 t4 meds to keep in the top of my ranges minus the TSH


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AKD_FitChick; 08-20-2017 at 07:10 AM.

  5. #5
    Nogbad the bad is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    Looks fine to me.

    Are you sure that's the range for TSH. Modern ones usually top at 3. Even 5 would be outdated.
    Recently had mine checked,and the range was 0.4 - 4.00

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonbana View Post
    After my blood work my Thyroid THS Level is 0.89 on the very low end .... my doctor said im in range wont do nothing about it , range is 0.80-7.0 for the past year im putting on fat no matter how little or how clean I eat and zero muscle.... I don't know my free t3 and free t4 he wont test for it

    should I maybe put myself on t3 pills or see if this recovers ? I did take t3 with tren back in December 2016
    Jonbana....

    please read this carefully because I have told you this before.....
    You thyroid is not slow.
    Your thyroid based off of your TSH reading is if anything fast.

    A normal TSH is 1.0
    Below 1 is more indicative of a fast thyroid.
    Above 1 is more indicative of a slow thyroid.

    Your thyroid is perfectly fine based on your TSH.

    The reason you are softer or fatter now is because you are now no longer running test and tren and whatever else you were blasting for years straight.

  7. #7
    ryobi1 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    185
    the ranges OP posted are indicative in Canada,
    your TSH is fine, as has been stated clearly, I would
    to have it that low.... that being said, It clearly states the
    poor medical system here in Canada, your doc wont test your T4?,
    at a minimum to put you at ease this should be tested, they will test
    for T4, but T3 has to meet a certain criteria first, (low T4), then they
    will test for it.... to save a few bucks on lab work, Docs are more and more,
    unwilling to test..... but low TSH indicates that your thyroid is not being
    tasked to hard to produce T4

  8. #8
    Jonbana is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    760
    yes you are correct 0.30-5.0 I tripled checked now ,

  9. #9
    Jonbana is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by Closhmo View Post
    low tsh doesnt mean hypothyroid. you can be having optimal t4 and t3 which causes negative feedback on the pituitary giving the lower tsh value. a very high tsh is more indicative of hpothyroid because of no negative feedback from t4 and t3. get t4 t3 checked.
    he wont test t3 t4 saying he has no reason to test for that ,

  10. #10
    Jonbana is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by AKD_FitChick View Post
    My TSH is .02 yes you read that right, but my T3 and T4 are the ones that have to be medicated to keep in good ranges. I do best with my TSH suppressed. I would find an outside lab and test your frees 3 and 4. If those are low as well that is an indicator Of Hypo and then yes meds will help you. I am constantly adjusting my t3 t4 meds to keep in the top of my ranges minus the TSH


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks , im trying to get him to send me to the local specialist he deals with body builders and TRT and all that but he wont , I was on TRT took myself off everything seems low but good ,

  11. #11
    Jonbana is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    Jonbana....

    please read this carefully because I have told you this before.....
    You thyroid is not slow.
    Your thyroid based off of your TSH reading is if anything fast.

    A normal TSH is 1.0
    Below 1 is more indicative of a fast thyroid.
    Above 1 is more indicative of a slow thyroid.

    Your thyroid is perfectly fine based on your TSH.

    The reason you are softer or fatter now is because you are now no longer running test and tren and whatever else you were blasting for years straight.

    I know what you told me but when I saw my doctor he told me the opposite of you , that's why I got confused , im trying to figure out why im putting on weight losing muscle no matter how clean ie at seems like im slow metabolism just coming her for help at this point im willing to try anything even get back on TRT ,

  12. #12
    Jonbana is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by ryobi1 View Post
    the ranges OP posted are indicative in Canada,
    your TSH is fine, as has been stated clearly, I would
    to have it that low.... that being said, It clearly states the
    poor medical system here in Canada, your doc wont test your T4?,
    at a minimum to put you at ease this should be tested, they will test
    for T4, but T3 has to meet a certain criteria first, (low T4), then they
    will test for it.... to save a few bucks on lab work, Docs are more and more,
    unwilling to test..... but low TSH indicates that your thyroid is not being
    tasked to hard to produce T4

    tell me about it Canadian doctors are stupid and no nothing , he asked me what I want him to do always that's why I come here for answers and what to test

  13. #13
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is online now HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    27,310
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    The reason you are softer or fatter now is because you are now no longer running test and tren and whatever else you were blasting for years straight.
    Don't blame your thyroid. Up your cardio.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  14. #14
    Baxter35's Avatar
    Baxter35 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    632
    I wish I could get my tsh down to a .89! I'm hypo and mine stays around 3-4 with a pretty good synthroid dose. At .89 I'd stop looking at your thyroid as a problem. Plus, being hypo isn't necessarily a guarantee to gaining fat like everyone makes it out to be. When I found out I was hypo I was convinced that I was going to find out I was HYPERthyroid because I couldn't gain weight for the life of me. Untreated, my tsh was over 9, and I was 170lbs and very lean.

  15. #15
    AKD_FitChick's Avatar
    AKD_FitChick is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    1,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter35 View Post
    I wish I could get my tsh down to a .89! I'm hypo and mine stays around 3-4 with a pretty good synthroid dose. At .89 I'd stop looking at your thyroid as a problem. Plus, being hypo isn't necessarily a guarantee to gaining fat like everyone makes it out to be. When I found out I was hypo I was convinced that I was going to find out I was HYPERthyroid because I couldn't gain weight for the life of me. Untreated, my tsh was over 9, and I was 170lbs and very lean.
    Curious what your Free's are? That's a high TSH.

    .89 can be bad if his Free T3 and Free T4 are off. They all play such a role in each other!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    Baxter35's Avatar
    Baxter35 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by AKD_FitChick View Post
    Curious what your Free's are? That's a high TSH.

    .89 can be bad if his Free T3 and Free T4 are off. They all play such a role in each other!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'd have to pull my last labs to give you numbers, but I know they're in a good range as of about 2 months ago when it was last tested. I can get my tsh lower with a higher dose (currently taking 88mcg daily), but it doesn't seem to make the free numbers any different, and I feel good at this point so I'm happy with it. I felt like crap when it was in the 9's though.

  17. #17
    AKD_FitChick's Avatar
    AKD_FitChick is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    1,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter35 View Post
    I'd have to pull my last labs to give you numbers, but I know they're in a good range as of about 2 months ago when it was last tested. I can get my tsh lower with a higher dose (currently taking 88mcg daily), but it doesn't seem to make the free numbers any different, and I feel good at this point so I'm happy with it. I felt like crap when it was in the 9's though.
    That's crazy!!! I feel yucky is i am over 1.2 and t3 under 3.4 and t4 under 1.4. So crazy! I keep my lio and levo high.

    Crazy how everyone is so different


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #18
    Jonbana is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Don't blame your thyroid. Up your cardio.
    I do hitt cardio 3x PWO and LISS 3x PWO

  19. #19
    hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Surrounded by wolves
    Posts
    4,527
    Quote Originally Posted by AKD_FitChick View Post
    .89 can be bad if his Free T3 and Free T4 are off. They all play such a role in each other!
    The only way that could happen won't be thyroid related, ie. adapted metabolism to calorie deficit and/or nutrient deficiencies, most commonly poor Iron status.

    I'm losing 2lbs weekly with little to no effort lol, just keeping diet straight and going for a long, fast walk in the evening.

  20. #20
    Oliver47 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    22
    I'm trying super hard not to self-diagnose myself incorrectly (or at all) but I am wondering if perhaps I have hypothyroidism. Just read some info on Online pharmacy resource . It actually covers so many health issues.

  21. #21
    fiddlesticks's Avatar
    fiddlesticks is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    212
    Blog Entries
    1
    You need to get reverse T3 to T3 ratio checked. If your doctor refuses find a different preferably younger one.

    tSh is outdated and literally indicates nothing about active thyroid activity.

  22. #22
    Testlolblast is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonbana View Post
    After my blood work my Thyroid THS Level is 0.89 on the very low end .... my doctor said im in range wont do nothing about it , range is 0.80-7.0 for the past year im putting on fat no matter how little or how clean I eat and zero muscle.... I don't know my free t3 and free t4 he wont test for it

    should I maybe put myself on t3 pills or see if this recovers ? I did take t3 with tren back in December 2016
    Your tsh value is near the bottom of the range which means your thyroid produces almost more than enough t4. No need for synthetic t4 or t3. And yeah better check your free t4 and t3 levels, too.

  23. #23
    fiddlesticks's Avatar
    fiddlesticks is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    212
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Testlolblast View Post
    Your tsh value is near the bottom of the range which means your thyroid produces almost more than enough t4. No need for synthetic t4 or t3. And yeah better check your free t4 and t3 levels, too.
    This is the exact wrong information that we DESPERATELY need to dispell... It isnt your fault though, this cancerous TSH myth has spread like a virus but you are partially correct about the free T3 thing, kind of.

    TSH does not indicate active thyroid activity in any way whatsoever, it is an outdated measure used only by uninformed, usually older doctors. The only measures you can even gauge active thyroid activity with is the reverse T3 to free T3 ratio, period. Absolutely no other measures have ANY VALUE at all, the TRH, Free t4 whatever can be 10 times higher than"normal" and it doesnt indicate active thyroid activity in any amount.

    This is an annoying problem I unfortunately had to deal with for too freaking long, being told I was "fine" when in reality my t4 was only going into reverse T3 and I felt like shit.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,622
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    This is the exact wrong information that we DESPERATELY need to dispell... It isnt your fault though, this cancerous TSH myth has spread like a virus but you are partially correct about the free T3 thing, kind of.

    TSH does not indicate active thyroid activity in any way whatsoever, it is an outdated measure used only by uninformed, usually older doctors. The only measures you can even gauge active thyroid activity with is the reverse T3 to free T3 ratio, period. Absolutely no other measures have ANY VALUE at all, the TRH, Free t4 whatever can be 10 times higher than"normal" and it doesnt indicate active thyroid activity in any amount.

    This is an annoying problem I unfortunately had to deal with for too freaking long, being told I was "fine" when in reality my t4 was only going into reverse T3 and I felt like shit.
    I disagree with most of what you said.
    yes, some people have trouble with T3 because they convert T4 into reverse T3.
    however most people have trouble with T3 because they produce too little T4.

    yes, people should get a full thyroid panel. not disagreeing with that.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •