Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By David LoPan
  • 1 Post By ScotchGuard02

Thread: Old - new guy, looking for advice and info

Old - new guy, looking for advice and info

Moved this post from introduction board to here- sorry if i posted in wrong spot

Whats up all. I know theres alot of experienced and educated guys that frequent here. I dont post until I have read alot, but still have alot of stupid questions. Not going to learn unless I ask them.
    Im 40, havent been into any sort of anabolic activity in 20 yrs. Obviously age catches up,test levels drop, you drag ass, want to get a little more pep in your step, and be able to lose some of the weight that age has help you put on. Thats all im looking to start out with.
    Lookin to start with a regimen of test, do that for a while, get back into a slight workout schedule, and see how it goes. Then maybe get into changes, adding other things to my regimen.

I am very realistic, I do my best to appreciate and absorb any info and advice I get, and although I may have some dumb questions, once I get explanation I dont ask the same stupid questions twice.

Just need info on where to start with regimen of test, what other meds I should include, etc.

I am basically a guinea pig right now, looking for someone that wants to help with the experiment

So basically Im lookin to see what kind of regimen I should be doing. I may have a friend that can get me a supply of test prop, waiting to see. Not sure where I should get it otherwise, seems like everything ive read leads me to believe most of the gear out there is junk.

Was planning on starting off with a 12 wk cycle of test prop alone, because my main issue is low test levels. Problem i have is what i need to take in addition to help with side effects, etc, as well as how much I should be using and how often.
    Im figuring on getting back into a light workout schedule, maybe twice a wk or so, not looking to get bigger, just get a little more pep, bring my levels up, and mayne tighten up physically slightly.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    First thing is to stop thinking and go get blood work done. You might need TRT. All the vets here will tell you that blood work is the baseline. There is a TRT and an over 40 area here for us old guys.

Here are a couple of threads you need to read. I think it will help you with your questions. My First Cycle: Planning and Executing a Successful First Cycle and Ancillary Reference Guide and http://forums.steroid.com/hormone-re...physician.html are the best places to start.

People will want to know your stats, experience, etc. to help you more.
    Chicagotarsier and TRA like this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Stats bro Ht Wt BF% goals we need this to get you going bro.

6'3" 235lbs. Not sure on bf%.

Thanks for the advice - my primary doc is pretty good about getting done whatever i think i need done, so ill set up with him so i can get test levels checked to start with.

Either way im wanting to get on a normal regimen, so figured i should start doing research and reading and talkin to people so i have a plan ahead of time, can figure out where to get the gear, what other meds i need, bought and ready to go. Looks like I should be taking an AI as well.

Another reason I wanted to do my homework, dont want to find out after the fact that theres something I should be doing that im not doing

Thanks alot - just read the intro and first cycle posts- great info. This is exactly what i was looking for. Going to read it a few more times to get a better understanding

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    6'3 235 is a good place to be. A muscle athlete after 5 years of gym and training would result at near that weight unless you are a small framed guy. When you do your bloodwork have them check your IGF-1 level. If you need testosterone you most likely would get huge benefits from hgh therapy.

Started my TRT chase at 40. Have three solid years of training under my belt and am way happier than before.

Im still doing alot of reading, and going to get my appt set to get my blood work and levels checked. Not looking to get into bodybuilding, or massive workout regimen, or advanced stacks or anything like that. Wouldnt have a problem adding somethin later on a small level. But definitely want to be educated on how to do it properly and safe, make sure i understand what to make sure i have proper meds during cycle and after cycle, and right now i dont fully understand those parts. So gonna keep reading and asking you guys until i understand it start to finish, before i even think about stwrting

You should be in the gym regularly for a while before you jump into a cycle. You need to make sure your connecting tissues, tendons and ligaments, are properly conditioned before you cycle AAS. The AAS will build strength in your muscles really fast. This could cause a disproportionate load on your connecting tissues and cause injury. You also need to dial your diet down since you break down muscle tissue in the gym and build muscle at the dinner table. If you want to start "slow" you should read on this forum about an Anavar cycle. Anavar's the weakest steroid out there. If you need TRT, you should stay on TRT for a year and allow your body to stabilize to the exogenous Test.
    Last edited by ScotchGuard02; 10-27-2017 at 07:41 AM.
    TRA likes this.

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    You should be in the gym regularly for a while before you jump into a cycle. You need to make sure your connecting tissues, tendons and ligaments, are properly conditioned before you cycle AAS. The AAS will build strength in your muscles really fast. This could case a disproportionate load on your connecting tissues and cause injury. You also need to dial your diet down since you break down muscle tissue in the gym and build muscle at the dinner table. If you want to start "slow" you should read on this post about an Anavar cycle. Anavar's the weakest steroid out there. If you need TRT, you should stay on TRT for a year and allow your body to stabilize to the exogenous Test.
    ^^^^ great post, as always. So find guys like this and BigTahl, Songdog, etc. and hang with what they recommend. You will find opinions run the spectrum here but there are some vets with incredible knowledge whose posts are always in your best interests and not ego-based.

Agree completely with TRT. If you need that you will likely get all the extra little enhancement you are looking for. Get labs and post up here for comments.

Good luck!

Blog Entries
    in the diet section, you should read these. Should really help. I know it has for me. http://forums.steroid.com/diet-nutri...men-women.html and this ond one and then find an online calculator to do yours http://forums.steroid.com/diet-nutri...penditure.html and then this one http://forums.steroid.com/diet-nutri...1-cutting.html

These will give you a great foundation to build on further.

Thanks alot for all the info guys, i can use all the advice and knowledge i can get. I have an appt set with my doc for this thurs, gonna see if he is on board with setting up my blood work. If not ill go do on my own.
    Im fairly active and have an active job - flatbed truck driver- so i do alot of lifting, chaining, strapping etc. Not as much i guess as i would in the gym, but alot more than an average person at work. I have made alot of good changes to my diet in the last 2 months, with the mindset that i had to, in order to get to the point of prepping for this. Im by no means the perfect specimen or perfect guinea pig, but im never going to be either. Im not looking to body build, or make this a huge part of my lifestyle. I just dont have the time to have a 4 or 5 day a week workout regimen with working 6 days a week most weeks. All im lookin to accomplish is to work within my reality, adjust diet, add in maybe 2 workout days a week, and add minor enhancement. Unless something changes with my workout availability, i think it would be counterproductive to think i would ever cycle anything but test. At least at this point. But im not even knowledgeable enough to accomplish a test cycle yet, and im not a cowboy thats gonna go buying and starting stuff im not fully familiar with.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Dannyboy 40 is not old

Man, it sure feels like it. I never felt this old, even a year or two ago

So let me ask what i think is a legit question-maybe common sense to most here.
    Im reading about sources and ugl's etc. What is the difference between a website, source, lab, etc.
    When my circle of friends was involved in this world, they always had a guy that they dealt with directly, so i never heard too much of scammers, etc unless they got a bad batch which wasnt very common.
    Just trying to get some knowledge so soon enough I can go about my regimen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyboy51577 View Post
    So let me ask what i think is a legit question-maybe common sense to most here.
    Im reading about sources and ugl's etc. What is the difference between a website, source, lab, etc.
    They are all one in the same.

Wait, then why is it ok for people to discuss labs and not sources? I assumed it was 2 different things

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Wait, then why is it ok for people to discuss labs and not sources? I assumed it was 2 different things
    There seems to be a little confusion regarding this. Here's a link to out rules. Hope it helps!

http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-l...01-2016-a.html
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Dannyboy5157,

Looking at this logically you could have a legitimate need for TRT that bloodwork would tell you about. However, anything more than that would seem highly irresponsible as you are not in the gym and have no nutrition plan. It's already been mentioned above but tendons and other things, especially at your age and if you have not been working out, consistently, for a time could be taking a serious hit.

And I absolutely understand that tarmyg. The problem is that im taking a huge hit right now already. I didnt get into too much detail as far as my background, but my overall quality of life sucks right now. When i say im draggin ass, thats beyond an understatement. I cant get through a day with energy, or without taking a nap, any sort of energy expenditure makes me need a nap or to rest, any time i do anything physical, even minor stuff in nature it takes days to recover or be able to move around nornally or get through a day. I havent had a sex life in at least a year. No libido, no desire, no killer instinct of any kind. Im going through life basically just going through the motions, trying to get through one day at a time, hoping my job doesnt need me for overtime because i just cant get through it. And if i do overtime, i basically shoot straight home and hit the sack cuz im exhausted. Wknds, i sleep 12 or 14 hours, then exhausted again in a few hrs. It didnt just come out of the blue, its been progressively getting worse, but because of work and a tight schedule, dont have the availability to be able to run around to doctor appts all the time. I have had top to bottom, detailed physicals a couple times in the last year, im healthy as could be. Just had this certain situation get worse, and kept figuring it would get better, or i was just getting old.
    I am fully aware that you should be on the safe side, do things by the book, dont take risks, etc, but at the same time, you weight the options and try to take the option that is better than the other

Well got my blood pulled, so will have results sometime soon. Doc didnt think it was a test prob, even though i was very clear that i have no doubt that it is. He wanted to make it into a sleep problem, and wants me to do sleep study, so i said sure, as long as you do bloodwork also. Nothing about my sleep has changed in the slightest in 30 yrs. So he is gonna send blood out and will see from there.
    But i talked to 3 different low t and trt clinics and the info i got seems to me to be expensive out of pocket after they checked my insurance, so not sure thats an option. But im damn well not gonna keep going like this, whether i have to do something myself or not

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Uh oh. He is going after sleep apnea. Lets see how it plays out, but I'm pretty sure he will have you go through testing after testing because he doesn't want to give you TRT. My doc was the same way, I said screw them all and prescribe myself. I really do not recommend this, but I compete and I lost a great deal of time preparing for competition while going through the testing. If I were to get TRT, the testing and my competition prep would interfere.

Yeah charger69, he already started down that road as soon as i started describing symptoms. Thing is, i already know i have sleep apnea, ive had it for years. My wife recorded me multiple times, stoppi g breathing, breathing erractically, the snoring, etc. I told him point blank, i have had sleep apnea for at least 20 yrs without a doubt. I made it clear that if i do the sleep test, then he has to get my blood work done as well.

I knew how this would go, but wanted the labs either way. So if he isnt gonna do anything then i will be handling my own regimen. Thats why im here. I dont compete, dont workout too much, but i think i would get into a good workout regimen if i could get my energy back, feel better, and know that i can make some progress with a good workout regimen

And I absolutely understand that tarmyg. The problem is that im taking a huge hit right now already. I didnt get into too much detail as far as my background, but my overall quality of life sucks right now. When i say im draggin ass, thats beyond an understatement. I cant get through a day with energy, or without taking a nap, any sort of energy expenditure makes me need a nap or to rest, any time i do anything physical, even minor stuff in nature it takes days to recover or be able to move around nornally or get through a day. I havent had a sex life in at least a year. No libido, no desire, no killer instinct of any kind. Im going through life basically just going through the motions, trying to get through one day at a time, hoping my job doesnt need me for overtime because i just cant get through it. And if i do overtime, i basically shoot straight home and hit the sack cuz im exhausted. Wknds, i sleep 12 or 14 hours, then exhausted again in a few hrs. It didnt just come out of the blue, its been progressively getting worse, but because of work and a tight schedule, dont have the availability to be able to run around to doctor appts all the time. I have had top to bottom, detailed physicals a couple times in the last year, im healthy as could be. Just had this certain situation get worse, and kept figuring it would get better, or i was just getting old.
    I am fully aware that you should be on the safe side, do things by the book, dont take risks, etc, but at the same time, you weight the options and try to take the option that is better than the other
    It really sounds like you might be a candidate for TRT. You should get some blood work done by a lab. Make sure you get a full spectrum hormone test. Your doc can put you on TRT which could be a lifestyle changer. If you prefer to do the blood work on your own you can look up https://www.privatemdlabs.com/ or Discount Online Blood Chemistry Tests & Results, Wellness & Anti Aging Direct Access Laboratory Testing and post your numbers. You'll get some good feedback from the vets. I wouldn't self medicate without knowing your blood numbers.

Yeah charger69, he already started down that road as soon as i started describing symptoms. Thing is, i already know i have sleep apnea, ive had it for years. My wife recorded me multiple times, stoppi g breathing, breathing erractically, the snoring, etc. I told him point blank, i have had sleep apnea for at least 20 yrs without a doubt. I made it clear that if i do the sleep test, then he has to get my blood work done as well.

I knew how this would go, but wanted the labs either way. So if he isnt gonna do anything then i will be handling my own regimen. Thats why im here. I dont compete, dont workout too much, but i think i would get into a good workout regimen if i could get my energy back, feel better, and know that i can make some progress with a good workout regimen
    Sleep Apnea stinks. I got my nose broken in the ring years ago but didn't get it fixed since I was planning to do more competition. This resulted in 70% blockage in one nostril. I suffered from sleep apnea for years. Stupid, right? I fell a sleep on the freeway going 75mph and rear ended a guy going 70mph. I was lucky that it was a 5mph crash instead of a 75mph end over end crash. Anyway, you need to get that apnea looked at. It could save your life, especially since you drive for a living. I also felt better and had more energy once my nose was fixed and my apnea went away. If you're a candidate for TRT you'll see some classic signs of low Test. Some signs are low energy level, low libido, lethargic, inability to concentrate, fat around the mid-section, a pale look, lower muscle density, and just looking tired. Either way, it's good that you're having both the apnea and Test level check.

Yeah, ive had apnea for years. Although i do my best not to self diagnose or self medicate, there are certain things that are just clear and obvious. No doubt i have apnea, and very little doubt i have low t. But ill leave it to my doc for the time being.

Set up appt and saw doc this past thurs. He drew blood, and is setting me up for sleep study. So will see how that goes.

No doubt that the apnea causes some of the tired feeling, etc. But ive been dealing with that for almost 20 yrs. I know what that feels like. The last year or so is a whole different story. Its not the apnea causing the issues. Probably not helping, and making it worse. But got bigger probs than apnea. So hoping my doc will address it and not just push me off to an endocrinologist or something. Guess i gotta wait and see

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yeah, ive had apnea for years. Although i do my best not to self diagnose or self medicate, there are certain things that are just clear and obvious. No doubt i have apnea, and very little doubt i have low t. But ill leave it to my doc for the time being.

Set up appt and saw doc this past thurs. He drew blood, and is setting me up for sleep study. So will see how that goes.

No doubt that the apnea causes some of the tired feeling, etc. But ive been dealing with that for almost 20 yrs. I know what that feels like. The last year or so is a whole different story. Its not the apnea causing the issues. Probably not helping, and making it worse. But got bigger probs than apnea. So hoping my doc will address it and not just push me off to an endocrinologist or something. Guess i gotta wait and see
    If you truly have obstructive sleep apnea it needs to be treated. It isn't a benign condition like "snoring." It is progressive and has serious complications: increased risk for sudden cardiac death, pulmonary hypretension (not the same as high blood pressure and harder to treat), etc., not to mention the daytime sleepiness that Scotchguard referenced. I wouldn't foo foo this diagnosis and would consider it completely separate from hormonal issues.

You may indeed be a candidate for TRT and the reason your doc is steering you away is simply ignorance. There is little training in med school on hormones but finding a doc who understands truly low testosterone is near impossible. The doc I found who is now giving up her practices, went through early menopause and was b@tsh*t crazy from it until diagnosed, so she was sympathetic to low T and totally related to how bad and crazy it can make you feel. She understood that running me at around 1100 total T on pellets gave me a normal life, as opposed to getting me just over the low end of normal, say at 350-400 with injections and thinking I should be fine. So when a doc is ignorant, which most are (and I can say that with confidence), they can't help it and time to move on unless they are receptive to learning.

Very true, and im sincerely hoping that my doc isnt one of those that pushes it off because of lack of experience or desire to deal with the prob. If that is the case, ill habe to look for another doc. I can imagine the low t, hormones, etc, were probably not the biggest part of medical training a number of years ago. It really hasnt begun to pick up steam until recently, maybe last 10 or 15 yrs.

The apnea does need to be addressed. Im gonna have a sleep study scheduled in the next couple wks, then follow their advice and see how it works. For me, i dont get to a point that im falling asleep during the day, just dont feel rested, ever. I can sleep for 15 hours if i wanted, and another 15 the next night.

Well just got call from doc office about blood work. They say everything is normal, all test and hormone levels are within range. Not really sure what their normal is, have to go get a copy of bloodwork in the next day or two. They said everything is normal except my vitamin d is low, which the doc will talk with me about how to fix that. Seems a bit odd, but prob not a big deal. But i gotta go get a copy and see for myself, because it doesnt mean its not outta whack, just means its within the predetermined range.
    And with workin alot, really dont have time to be scheduling a ton of different doc appts, so gonna go off my blood work and plan to start my own regimen i guess

Thread Information