Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MuscleScience

Thread: Cutting advice

Heel94 is offline Junior Member

Cutting advice

Currently 5 weeks into my cycle (currently running 750mg/wk Test only) and I have been cutting. I do a weekly bod pod scan and so far the results have been great, I've dropped 15lbs of fat mass, increased dry lean mass by 1.5lbs, all on a calorie deficit. My question is what my plan should be for when I'm off cycle. I will still have a bit of a ways to go to reach my desired body composition at that point, but I'm worried that staying in a calorie deficit during PCT while I'm shut down will lead to huge losses in muscle mass. Any advice on how to handle the diet during PCT, with my goal of cutting/recompositioning in mind?

Mr. Small is offline Member
    Not sure really, but I think your guess is correct. If you are dieting in PCT, you could lose muscle mass. PCT can be hard for most people though.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Hit the diet section.

You haven't posted any macros or what you're eating so I'm not sure how to evaluate your diet.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    You haven't posted any macros or what you're eating so I'm not sure how to evaluate your diet.
    Let me clarify, I'm not so much looking for specifics on the diet itself in terms of the macros, I'm more looking for guidance on the general concept of whether a calorie deficit would be a bad idea during PCT, or if I need to put the cut on hold during that time and eat for maintenance or even in a surplus. I am currently in a defecit and managing to add a bit of muscle, but I know that is far from realistic during PCT and off cycle.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Heel94 View Post
    Let me clarify, I'm not so much looking for specifics on the diet itself in terms of the macros, I'm more looking for guidance on the general concept of whether a calorie deficit would be a bad idea during PCT, or if I need to put the cut on hold during that time and eat for maintenance or even in a surplus. I am currently in a defecit and managing to add a bit of muscle, but I know that is far from realistic during PCT and off cycle.
    What are your stats and the the results of the weekly bod pod scan.
    You sated "I've dropped 15lbs of fat mass, increased dry lean mass by 1.5lbs, all on a calorie deficit". <------what time frame? body % to start and when you got that last reading.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Don’t ever ever ever try to cut or be in a caloric restricted state for PCT or you will massively regret it.
    songdog likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by BigTahl View Post
    What are your stats and the the results of the weekly bod pod scan.
    You sated "I've dropped 15lbs of fat mass, increased dry lean mass by 1.5lbs, all on a calorie deficit". <------what time frame? body % to start and when you got that last reading.
    The aforementioned drop in body fat mass and increase in lean mass occurred within 2 weeks. But in total, I started the cycle at BW 345 and 21% BF. It has been 5.5 weeks and I am now sitting at BW 321 and 15.4% BF. Dry lean mass has held steady from day 1 until now. Intracellular and extra cellular water have each increased by about 1.5lbs in total, presumably from the test.

321lbs and 15% BF?!?!

How tall are you??

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    That is some frame. Impressive. Do you have any pictures?

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    That is BIG!

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    That is BIG!
    Yeah I'm 6'7. will post some before and after pics here in a few weeks!

I'm 5'11" and 200# with 8% bf and I'm 28 on the BMI and "over weight". You're 6'7" and 321 with 15% bf. You're registering 36.3 on BMI and "Obese". Yeah, I know that BMI is not accurate but it is a reference to an "ideal" ht/wt somewhere that someone dreamed up. Without knowing anything else, I would say that you could go slightly caloric deficit and it wouldn't hurt you. You already have a lot of muscle and if you're looking to lose fat, there's some room there. I never go more than 5% to 10% lower than my TDEE for caloric deficit. If you want to keep as much muscle as possible, I wouldn't go cal deficit for about 3 months after PCT.

maddy2879 is offline New Member
    Hi All,
    I am male 30 years old. I am 5'9 at 182 lbs. I have been training for over 7 years consistently. I am at 13.2 % bodyfat. bodyfat is tested using dexascan. I want to compete in weight lifting. i did amateur competition at 85kg (187 lb). I placed 6th. I did not cut weight before the competition. I maintained same weight 3 months into it. I want to compete at 77kg (170 lb). I want to put on strength and move faster. I want to start my first cycle. I hired a high level coach. I hired a doctor to monitor my blood levels. I want to get down to 7-8% body fat and i am planning to stay there all year round.

Please Keep in mind, i dieted down multiple times in past to 8%. Nothing new for me there. But i lose strength when i diet.

My coach recommended me the cycle below. I understand first cycle needs to be testosterone ONLY but in the sport that i want to compete in, Technique, speed and strength matters. Any constructive feedback is appreciated.

WINSTROL (oral) 25mg per day
    ANAVAR 20mg per day
    Clenbuterol : 20mcg 2x per day (taken separately).
    Cytomel : 25mcg per day. [start when I instruct you to]
    TESTOLYZE (from Species Nutrition) 3 pills 2x per day

After cycle is completed-1 bottle of HCG (2000IU every 3rd day for 5 shots).

Macros: carbs 220, fats 80 g, protein 200 g.
    Last edited by maddy2879; 11-08-2017 at 01:14 AM.

Sh0tsf1red is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maddy2879 View Post
    Hi All,
    I am male 30 years old. I am 5'9 at 182 lbs. I have been training for over 7 years consistently. I am at 13.2 % bodyfat. bodyfat is tested using dexascan. I want to compete in weight lifting. i did amateur competition at 85kg (187 lb). I placed 6th. I did not cut weight before the competition. I maintained same weight 3 months into it. I want to compete at 77kg (170 lb). I want to put on strength and move faster. I want to start my first cycle. I hired a high level coach. I hired a doctor to monitor my blood levels. I want to get down to 7-8% body fat and i am planning to stay there all year round.

Please Keep in mind, i dieted down multiple times in past to 8%. Nothing new for me there. But i lose strength when i diet.

My coach recommended me the cycle below. I understand first cycle needs to be testosterone ONLY but in the sport that i want to compete in, Technique, speed and strength matters. Any constructive feedback is appreciated.

WINSTROL (oral) 25mg per day
    ANAVAR 20mg per day
    Clenbuterol : 20mcg 2x per day (taken separately).
    Cytomel : 25mcg per day. [start when I instruct you to]
    TESTOLYZE (from Species Nutrition) 3 pills 2x per day

After cycle is completed-1 bottle of HCG (2000IU every 3rd day for 5 shots).

Macros: carbs 220, fats 80 g, protein 200 g.
    You should start your own thread, people don't like bring hijacked.

Your first cycle is ridiculous, way too much going on. You need to spend A LOT more time reading some of the sticky posts on here about cycle planning. If you think loading up with a ton of compounds for your first dip in the pool is going to help your 'technique and speed' you're out of your mind.

By chance, is your coach also your supplier? I can't imagine any other reason why he would suggest that cycle to you. The only thing 'high level' about your coach is the amount of BS he is feeding you.

Stick around and read up. Best of luck.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    you should be having diet breaks anyways to help regulate your metabolism ,, staying in a deficit for weeks on end will just slow you metabolism down and slow fat loss down , you need a diet break and going into PCT is a perfect time to do that diet break

Thread Information