Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By almostgone

Thread: what causes abscess to form from injecting steroids?

  1. #1
    Men in Black's Avatar
    Men in Black is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    74

    Exclamation what causes abscess to form from injecting steroids?

    a member on another forum i frequent developed it and self drained it and it looked horrible
    I am generally worried now as he said he drained this weeks after his abscess disappeared or something
    my question is


    how does one find out if they have got an abscess and how does it even develop in the first place? dirty aas? dirty shoulder? dirty needle?

    I have a hard time injecting into one of my delt(pushing the plunger super hard to get the gear in and that too goes in slowly) from years of injecting delts only(right & left, once every 2 weeks) also, so can this also be a serious problem one day or maybe leftover abcess? i used to have hot to the touch type of injections also when i first started out which i thought was too much BA mixed in the gear or virgin muscle, i am really worried about this and losing my hair over it now :S

  2. #2
    GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Bragging to someone
    Posts
    8,566
    stay away from water based compounds, like injectable Winstrol . Practice clean injection protocols (alcohol swab everything). Rotate your injection sites often. Don't inject too large a volume into one muscle group. and you should have nothing to worry about.

    by rotating injection sites I don't mean switching between just delts and glutes. you need a bunch of places to rotate especially if you plan on running gear for a long time. I've got years of use and thousands of injections and never had a problem. I rotate between glutes, quads, lats, side delts, front delts, pecs, biceps, triceps. I'll also often times back load and use 28g insulin syringes to inject.


    edit- I take that back about never having a problem with an injection. my very first injection at 17 years old I got dirty gear and ended up in the hospital for 2 weeks with an infection. if you inject dirty gear then shits going to go bad. be sure to have a good source.
    Men in Black likes this.

  3. #3
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    23,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Men in Black View Post
    a member on another forum i frequent developed it and self drained it and it looked horrible
    I am generally worried now as he said he drained this weeks after his abscess disappeared or something
    my question is


    how does one find out if they have got an abscess and how does it even develop in the first place? dirty aas? dirty shoulder? dirty needle?

    I have a hard time injecting into one of my delt(pushing the plunger super hard to get the gear in and that too goes in slowly) from years of injecting delts only(right & left, once every 2 weeks) also, so can this also be a serious problem one day or maybe leftover abcess? i used to have hot to the touch type of injections also when i first started out which i thought was too much BA mixed in the gear or virgin muscle, i am really worried about this and losing my hair over it now :S
    A sterile access can very easily turn into scar tissue. It.is generally caused by unabsorbed irritants but doesn't get infected.
    Men in Black likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  4. #4
    Men in Black's Avatar
    Men in Black is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    A sterile access can very easily turn into scar tissue. It.is generally caused by unabsorbed irritants but doesn't get infected.
    I read the only way to get rid of it then is to go through surgery aka the doc gets the muscle and drains it out.
    HOLY FUCK so the scar tissue formation in my shoulder is from an abscess...
    ....

    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    stay away from water based compounds, like injectable Winstrol . Practice clean injection protocols (alcohol swab everything). Rotate your injection sites often. Don't inject too large a volume into one muscle group. and you should have nothing to worry about.

    by rotating injection sites I don't mean switching between just delts and glutes. you need a bunch of places to rotate especially if you plan on running gear for a long time. I've got years of use and thousands of injections and never had a problem. I rotate between glutes, quads, lats, side delts, front delts, pecs, biceps, triceps. I'll also often times back load and use 28g insulin syringes to inject.


    edit- I take that back about never having a problem with an injection. my very first injection at 17 years old I got dirty gear and ended up in the hospital for 2 weeks with an infection. if you inject dirty gear then shits going to go bad. be sure to have a good source.
    I always squeaky clean my shoulders with soap then pre injecting use a shit ton of alcohol swabs, that's how paranoid i am about bacteria.
    Last edited by Men in Black; 04-13-2018 at 11:59 AM.

  5. #5
    Couchlockd's Avatar
    Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    aka m.hornbuckle
    Posts
    4,364
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    stay away from water based compounds, like injectable Winstrol . Practice clean injection protocols (alcohol swab everything). Rotate your injection sites often. Don't inject too large a volume into one muscle group. and you should have nothing to worry about.

    by rotating injection sites I don't mean switching between just delts and glutes. you need a bunch of places to rotate especially if you plan on running gear for a long time. I've got years of use and thousands of injections and never had a problem. I rotate between glutes, quads, lats, side delts, front delts, pecs, biceps, triceps. I'll also often times back load and use 28g insulin syringes to inject.


    edit- I take that back about never having a problem with an injection. my very first injection at 17 years old I got dirty gear and ended up in the hospital for 2 weeks with an infection. if you inject dirty gear then shits going to go bad. be sure to have a good source.
    front delts. I want to try these. I read very mixed reviews on it.

    so far I've done quads, biceps, and side delts.

    need more spots.


    also OP. I will tell you have some clindamycin on hand, its the first step ER gives if you think you have an infection.

  6. #6
    shadowdragon is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    California
    Posts
    106
    If you're rotating spots, how long does it take for a site to be GTG again? i.e.; if i use left glute today, when do you think it'd be good to inject there again?

  7. #7
    MACKATTACK's Avatar
    MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Gym or Eating
    Posts
    1,882
    Wash your hands prior to anything........I never see this mentioned......

  8. #8
    BenTren is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Universe
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowdragon View Post
    If you're rotating spots, how long does it take for a site to be GTG again? i.e.; if i use left glute today, when do you think it'd be good to inject there again?
    I'm in my second week 3rd injection and i've always used my right glute. Haven't used my left yet.

  9. #9
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    23,037
    You guys would be better off to rotate sites for injections each injection. Delts are an easy option. Quads are easy for me, some people don't care for them.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  10. #10
    Couchlockd's Avatar
    Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    aka m.hornbuckle
    Posts
    4,364
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    You guys would be better off to rotate sites for injections each injection. Delts are an easy option. Quads are easy for me, some people don't care for them.
    always did just quads for oils and delts for hcg .

    but I've ventured into new territory. been doing delts for .5cc and biceps for .5cc a well.

    you can definitely feel the oil going in the bicep, but after a minute its gtg.

    rotation. hurting same area over and over is a concern. irritation (even if you don't feel it) needs time for it to heal,

  11. #11
    MACKATTACK's Avatar
    MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Gym or Eating
    Posts
    1,882
    Lats are quite possibly pain free.....they rebound so fast it’s silly.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •