Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 76
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Who's real and who's BS?

  1. #1
    AlphaMindz's Avatar
    AlphaMindz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Destination Peaksville
    Posts
    1,016

    Who's real and who's BS?

    I've been thinking about this for a min so decided to make this thread.

    You guys should have a rule that if you're a part of this website then your avatar has to have a picture of your development. (We'll be able to weed out the posers who put up a fake picture because their lack of knowledge will be evident).

    I'm just tired of guys giving advice when we have no idea what they look like. I don't know about you but I don't wanna take advice from a guy who's not beyond what I've been able to achieve, unless it's on a different topic or his goals are different than mine... but this is a body building forum after all so I feel like the people with official titles on this site should show what they look like so we know they're for real.

    Anyone agree with this or maybe even disagree? Please share your thoughts, thanks.
    70rs likes this.

  2. #2
    HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,887
    I saw a dude that had an avatar of Batman. He's not fooling anyone! Fake, 100%

    I see what you are saying, but even if people said their picture was legit, would you believe them? It would be nice though.

    Now I kind of want my avatar to be Dom Mazzetti....
    “When reading a Book Don’t actually read the book, just hold it really tight so your forearms bulge out. Every time you turn a page, rip it out, because you are too strong to hold paper.”
    Obs, Chrisp83TRT and AlphaMindz like this.

  3. #3
    Windex is offline Staff ~ HRT Optimization Specialist
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arctic Circle
    Posts
    4,287
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMindz View Post
    I've been thinking about this for a min so decided to make this thread.

    You guys should have a rule that if you're a part of this website then your avatar has to have a picture of your development. (We'll be able to weed out the posers who put up a fake picture because their lack of knowledge will be evident).

    I'm just tired of guys giving advice when we have no idea what they look like. I don't know about you but I don't wanna take advice from a guy who's not beyond what I've been able to achieve, unless it's on a different topic or his goals are different than mine... but this is a body building forum after all so I feel like the people with official titles on this site should show what they look like so we know they're for real.

    Anyone agree with this or maybe even disagree? Please share your thoughts, thanks.
    You're logic is flawed on multiple levels and you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

    - Nobody is holding a gun to someone's head forcing someone to take their advice

    - There are tons of established members part of the staff/management team who are always happy to help.

    - To enforce people to post pictures of themselves on a steroid forum and remove their privacy is downright disrespectful.

    - Size doesn't equate to knowledge. If you look a lot of members have titles specializing in different areas (HRT, diet, recomp, etc). Furthermore, people have different goals.


    Steroid, Bodybuilding and Fitness Forums are a dime a dozen. This forum has arguably the most experienced community and longest history. If you don't want to take advice from
    someone that's your perogative
    Last edited by Windex; 06-07-2018 at 03:47 PM.

  4. #4
    cousinmuscles's Avatar
    cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,751
    Demand everyone prove with a sign/piece of paper that they are the ones in their avatar? Far fetched and is pushing it.

    First and foremost comes your own ability to reason, use logic, ask for sources of information and read the full source for yourself.

    This might not apply to every instance, and you start treading into info that needs experience. Which AAS is best for mass? Which is also a vague question...

    Instead of expecting someones avatar to be a sign of whether their info is legit, follow them and get to know them and ask questions, research for yourself, and do some experimentation. In the end it is not about what others know but what you know.

  5. #5
    BG's Avatar
    BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    23,070
    I know some super knowledgeable guys that are half my size. I’ll listen to anyone, take their advice........it better be damn good.

    Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.


    Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

    I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

    It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

    Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

    Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html


  6. #6
    hammerheart's Avatar
    hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Surrounded by wolves
    Posts
    4,527
    Well, we had one huge guy not long ago banned for improper and dangerous advice.
    cousinmuscles and 70rs like this.

  7. #7
    cousinmuscles's Avatar
    cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Windex View Post
    You're logic is flawed on multiple levels and you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

    - Nobody is holding a gun to someone's head forcing someone to take their advice

    - There are tons of established members part of the staff/management team who are always happy to help.

    - To enforce people to post pictures of themselves on a steroid forum and remove their privacy is downright disrespectful.

    - Size doesn't equate to knowledge. If you look a lot of members have titles specializing in different areas (HRT, diet, recomp, etc). Furthermore, people have different goals.


    Steroid, Bodybuilding and Fitness Forums are a dime a dozen. This forum has arguably the most experienced community and longest history. If you don't want to take advice from
    someone that's your perogative
    Agreed 100%. If you stick around with the intention of absorbing knowledge and being part of the community you'll see that the hierarchy with user titles here is working well, and the time and effort put into selflessly help others is enormous. It's also the best place to learn how to use the compounds we use as safely and effectively as possible.

  8. #8
    HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,887
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinmuscles View Post
    Agreed 100%. If you stick around with the intention of absorbing knowledge and being part of the community you'll see that the hierarchy with user titles here is working well, and the time and effort put into selflessly help others is enormous. It's also the best place to learn how to use the compounds we use as safely and effectively as possible.
    Exactly, take me for example, I know EVERYTHING

  9. #9
    HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,887
    On a more serious note, I watch tons of videos from credible sources (not broscience, I don't want to mislead you with the quote below) on diet and exercise, read studies, etc.
    I know a ton about those fields, but I am a quite a way from being at my goal body fat percentage (damn how delicious pizza is).
    But at the same time, if some fat out of shape dude tried to tell me proper technique on a lift, I would not believe him.
    Both sides of the discussion have merit imo

    "In between sets it's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights" -Dom Mazzetti
    70rs likes this.

  10. #10
    cousinmuscles's Avatar
    cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,751
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    I know some super knowledgeable guys that are half my size. I’ll listen to anyone, take their advice........it better be damn good.
    If someone is half as big as in your avatar, they're HUGE! hahaha had to say that

  11. #11
    Mr.BB's Avatar
    Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    6,902
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMindz View Post
    I've been thinking about this for a min so decided to make this thread.

    You guys should have a rule that if you're a part of this website then your avatar has to have a picture of your development. (We'll be able to weed out the posers who put up a fake picture because their lack of knowledge will be evident).

    I'm just tired of guys giving advice when we have no idea what they look like. I don't know about you but I don't wanna take advice from a guy who's not beyond what I've been able to achieve, unless it's on a different topic or his goals are different than mine... but this is a body building forum after all so I feel like the people with official titles on this site should show what they look like so we know they're for real.

    Anyone agree with this or maybe even disagree? Please share your thoughts, thanks.
    Your way of thinking is flawed, many pros have a very poor knowledge of hormones and the human body, they just know what works for them... or even more often their trainers do it for them.

    Then you have to think that at some point in your life you may reach a max, that does not mean that in 5 or 10 years time you will look the same. On the contrary its impossible to maintain your best shape.

    Finally, look at pro trainers and tell me one that is bigger then the IFBB pro he is training. Just because you have the knowledge does not mean you can or are willing to do it.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    642
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Your way of thinking is flawed, many pros have a very poor knowledge of hormones and the human body, they just know what works for them... or even more often their trainers do it for them.

    Then you have to think that at some point in your life you may reach a max, that does not mean that in 5 or 10 years time you will look the same. On the contrary its impossible to maintain your best shape.

    Finally, look at pro trainers and tell me one that is bigger then the IFBB pro he is training. Just because you have the knowledge does not mean you can or are willing to do it.
    Very true. Just look at alot of posts by newbies- they got advice from a big dude they knew or at the gym. I say it has just as much to do with experience as it does mental ability, ability to understand the human body. When you open the pandoras box of having people post an actual photo, then why not have them post their actual name too. Theres a line of anonimity that is expected from a place such as this.
    And i will say, i have known a few, not many, guys who were geniuses in compiling a supplement program for others and figuring out their body and what worked and got tremendous results- but they had no motivation to pick up a weight.
    Mr.BB likes this.

  13. #13
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,181
    I have posted a picture of my black junk and my bare white ass.
    The guy in my avatar is just some dude I keep in my dungeon and let out when I want to play. Its hell getting that chainsaw away from him sometimes.
    AlphaMindz likes this.

  14. #14
    MACKATTACK's Avatar
    MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Gym or Eating
    Posts
    1,911
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMindz View Post
    I've been thinking about this for a min so decided to make this thread.

    You guys should have a rule that if you're a part of this website then your avatar has to have a picture of your development. (We'll be able to weed out the posers who put up a fake picture because their lack of knowledge will be evident).

    I'm just tired of guys giving advice when we have no idea what they look like. I don't know about you but I don't wanna take advice from a guy who's not beyond what I've been able to achieve, unless it's on a different topic or his goals are different than mine... but this is a body building forum after all so I feel like the people with official titles on this site should show what they look like so we know they're for real.

    Anyone agree with this or maybe even disagree? Please share your thoughts, thanks.

    I’d love to see u not on cycle, look like u would be small.......no offense. I’ve been 6’4 220 most of my adult life and no aas. Just because u have more cycles under ur belt and in my mind cheated to get to that size then I would take less of ur advice because it’s been easier since the body performs better on sports enhancing substances.....lmao......
    cousinmuscles likes this.

  15. #15
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,181
    Quote Originally Posted by MACKATTACK View Post
    I’d love to see u not on cycle, look like u would be small.......no offense. I’ve been 6’4 220 most of my adult life and no aas. Just because u have more cycles under ur belt and in my mind cheated to get to that size then I would take less of ur advice because it’s been easier since the body performs better on sports enhancing substances.....lmao......
    Geez oh pete easy on the hating... That wuz roode!

  16. #16
    MACKATTACK's Avatar
    MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Gym or Eating
    Posts
    1,911
    I’m just honest......wanna play stupid games, win stupid prizes lmao.
    BG likes this.

  17. #17
    Chrisp83TRT's Avatar
    Chrisp83TRT is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,146
    I’m not big by any account. I’m more lean and shredded and training hard as balls to make more gains while staying lean... would that make me unexperienced to give advice because I’m not rocking 17 inch arms and deadlifting 400? Like coin and others have said , your logic is flawed. I’ve read the AAS book that was written with knowledge and experience of memebers here and I have to say, it has opened my eyes in many ways. And I’ve learned a shit ton from everyone here and will continue to be an open book to people here with their years of knowledge for me to keep learning and progressing with my gains. It has also helped ME be able to help out where I can help out and I’m forever grateful for the memebers here to have helped me know what I know .
    ghettoboyd likes this.

  18. #18
    BG's Avatar
    BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    23,070
    Quote Originally Posted by MACKATTACK View Post
    I’m just honest......wanna play stupid games, win stupid prizes lmao.
    Going to use that in the future for sure! Ive pretty much wore out, ask stupid questions , get stupid answers

    Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.


    Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

    I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

    It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

    Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

    Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html


  19. #19
    < <Samson> >'s Avatar
    < <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    AZ Side
    Posts
    12,430
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    "In between sets it's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights" -Dom Mazzetti


    I still think that guy is funny as shit


    Avi?! Wtf

    Does this mean I can't have my wife's forearm as mine?!


    I don't get it, shit
    Obs likes this.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    dont ask for a source thx
    Posts
    9,060
    Blog Entries
    3
    im not sure the op understands he just shit on admin and the staff by calling us all out...but I get it he was thinking for a "minute" so that's what he came up with...
    Obs and wellshii like this.

  21. #21
    HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,887
    This is off topic, but I just saw mac's post and I thought of something
    Is it disconcerting to anyone else when you see a Avatar of an attractive girl, and youre like damn thats a nice ass, but then you look at the name and realize it's a dude (I assume Mac is a guy)?
    I've seen Mac around in the forums, but it gets me every time
    Chrisp83TRT likes this.

  22. #22
    Chrisp83TRT's Avatar
    Chrisp83TRT is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,146
    Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    This is off topic, but I just saw mac's post and I thought of something
    Is it disconcerting to anyone else when you see a Avatar of an attractive girl, and youre like damn thats a nice ass, but then you look at the name and realize it's a dude (I assume Mac is a guy)?
    I've seen Mac around in the forums, but it gets me every time
    Hahaha!!

  23. #23
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Finally, look at pro trainers and tell me one that is bigger then the IFBB pro he is training. Just because you have the knowledge does not mean you can or are willing to do it.

    True basically 100% of the time.
    Chrisp83TRT likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  24. #24
    wellshii is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    563
    Agreed to an extent. Some advice junkies are also juice junkies too. Anything works with juice.Shit I can look at weights and be stronger than I am now if I am on test.

    Man peeps listen to Lyle Mcdonald and other strength coaches ,PT and some are those guys arent exactly the greatest shape. Some people just read and read and experiment with other people.

    I would like to be as effective as Windex though.

  25. #25
    Nogbad the bad is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    On a more serious note, I watch tons of videos from credible sources (not broscience, I don't want to mislead you with the quote below) on diet and exercise, read studies, etc.
    I know a ton about those fields, but I am a quite a way from being at my goal body fat percentage (damn how delicious pizza is).
    But at the same time, if some fat out of shape dude tried to tell me proper technique on a lift, I would not believe him.
    Both sides of the discussion have merit imo

    "In between sets it's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights" -Dom Mazzetti
    Funny thing,my gym has fitness coaches,who charge the equivalent of 40 dollars an hour per client,and most of
    the female ones are fat as fuck.When they aren't busy,they often sit eating bags of candy,yet they get plenty business!
    Go figure.
    Chrisp83TRT likes this.

  26. #26
    MACKATTACK's Avatar
    MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Gym or Eating
    Posts
    1,911
    Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    This is off topic, but I just saw mac's post and I thought of something
    Is it disconcerting to anyone else when you see a Avatar of an attractive girl, and youre like damn thats a nice ass, but then you look at the name and realize it's a dude (I assume Mac is a guy)?
    I've seen Mac around in the forums, but it gets me every time
    It is just a tremendous ass.......it should be appreciated lmao.......im an ass guy sooooo lmao......

    With that being said, why should I take ANY risk at all to affect my livelihood by someone recognizing a photo of myself and put my business and licenses on the line. Just makes no sense.

    Talking about looks. Look at Hany Rambod, probably one of the best coaches out there and most knowledgable. He is far from in good shape. Not everyone on this forum is on AAS. There is alot of knowledge on here outside of steroids .
    Chrisp83TRT likes this.

  27. #27
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,181
    Quote Originally Posted by MACKATTACK View Post
    It is just a tremendous ass.......it should be appreciated lmao.......im an ass guy sooooo lmao......

    With that being said, why should I take ANY risk at all to affect my livelihood by someone recognizing a photo of myself and put my business and licenses on the line. Just makes no sense.

    Talking about looks. Look at Hany Rambod, probably one of the best coaches out there and most knowledgable. He is far from in good shape. Not everyone on this forum is on AAS. There is alot of knowledge on here outside of steroids.
    I would post my full name and address if it weren't for all of you mailing me your dirty underwear and hate mail I would get from europe.
    Chrisp83TRT likes this.

  28. #28
    HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    I would post my full name and address if it weren't for all of you mailing me your dirty underwear and hate mail I would get from europe.
    Howd you know it was me?!
    Obs likes this.

  29. #29
    Chrisp83TRT's Avatar
    Chrisp83TRT is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    I would post my full name and address if it weren't for all of you mailing me your dirty underwear and hate mail I would get from europe.
    And to think I just wiped my ass and was planning on sending it to you priority mail!
    Obs likes this.

  30. #30
    Charlie67's Avatar
    Charlie67 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,824
    Quote Originally Posted by wellshii View Post
    Anything works with juice.Shit I can look at weights and be stronger than I am now if I am on test.
    That's not actually true north of 40

    ... Unless your a badass like me. I mean honestly, just look at my avatar.

    Best,
    C-



    Stop over-thinking, simplicity facilitate many things.

  31. #31
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    I would post my full name and address if it weren't for all of you mailing me your dirty underwear

    It wasn't meant for you.
    Obs likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  32. #32
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,181
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    It wasn't meant for you.
    Well, she said the smell is all gone and she needs you to send more. She likes them straight off you from the dungeon.
    charger69 likes this.

  33. #33
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Well, she said the smell is all gone and she needs you to send more. She likes them straight off you from the dungeon.

    Done.
    Obs likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  34. #34
    AlphaMindz's Avatar
    AlphaMindz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Destination Peaksville
    Posts
    1,016
    I was going to respond to everyone individually but upon further consideration that would be a bit too time consuming for me as I am at work, but hopefully I can touch on most of your replies with this post.

    I'm aware of the fact that many pro body builders have very little knowledge about what they're taking and how AAS work as they just follow the advice of their coach, but they're also not running around giving people advice. I've spoken to advanced guys and they often have no problem admitting that they don't know how all this shit works and they just eat and train hard and leave the rest up to their coach.

    A lot of you guys went straight to size. I wasn't focusing purely on size as I used the word "development" and that can be in various areas. Size, leanness, strength, proportion, etc....

    You guys made valid points in terms of just because someone isn't bigger than you doesn't mean they don't have good knowledge....and I agree with that 100%. I'm just saying I feel like it would keep things more genuine if we could see what someone has been able to achieve and also help us determine if the person giving the advice has learned what they're talking about through experience or they're just repeating something they've heard someone else say.

    Take Kelkel for example. His avatar completely preserves his anonymity while clearly showing he's a beast.

    Obs' avatar fits perfectly to his personality on this board lol, also preserves his anonymity, and also shows he's a beast.

    And recently Mr. BB put up an actual pic which I respect and appreciate.

    I just think it makes the interactions on this forum a little bit more genuine, that's all. Quite frankly, if my post offended you then you have to ask yourself why? I wasn't being disrespectful in any way, and I wasn't discrediting anyone either. I'm simply stating that it would be nice to see the physique behind the advice and would keep people from embellishing and giving unwarranted advice....to an extent, of course, as when dealing with people on the internet we'll never be able to weed out 100% of the posers.

    Of course we use our discretion and our best judgement in deciding who's advice to follow and who's advice to ignore. That's needless to be said. However, if having a picture of your physique WAS a requirement to give advice on this board, I assure you it would limit some of the ego and misrepresented information I've seen guys throw around.

    Mack, I'm not sure what that comment was about lol. I never claimed to be huge, but I have made great progress in the last year and if you're so much bigger than by all means show us in your avatar. See this is exactly what I'm talking about. Guys making claims of how big they are and what not, with zero accountability. Now, I like you Mack so I'm surprised you of all people called me out like that, but we're all adults here so by all means, thank you for sharing your opinion. And, yes, obviously I would be smaller if I wasn't on gear!

    To sum this up I'd just like to reiterate the fact that by no means am I saying that if you're not bigger than me than you don't have valuable information. In fact, I'd like to retract the part where I said I don't wanna take advice from someone who isn't beyond me in development. I can see that being flawed, fair enough.

    However, I still feel that it would create a more genuine environment if people had to show what their physiques looked like. Not their face, or their name, or any other identifying factor. Just their physique.

    At the end of the day I'm grateful for this forum and everyone on it. There's no hate here. It's something I've thought of many times since I've joined and still believe it has credence. I appreciate all the feedback that was given on this and who knows, maybe some guys will take it upon themselves to update their avatar with a visual representation of who they are, which on a body building/ fitness forum would be their physique IMO (even if it's a dated picture of them in their prime). Thanks for hearing me out.
    Obs likes this.

  35. #35
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,181
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMindz View Post
    I was going to respond to everyone individually but upon further consideration that would be a bit too time consuming for me as I am at work, but hopefully I can touch on most of your replies with this post.

    I'm aware of the fact that many pro body builders have very little knowledge about what they're taking and how AAS work as they just follow the advice of their coach, but they're also not running around giving people advice. I've spoken to advanced guys and they often have no problem admitting that they don't know how all this shit works and they just eat and train hard and leave the rest up to their coach.

    A lot of you guys went straight to size. I wasn't focusing purely on size as I used the word "development" and that can be in various areas. Size, leanness, strength, proportion, etc....

    You guys made valid points in terms of just because someone isn't bigger than you doesn't mean they don't have good knowledge....and I agree with that 100%. I'm just saying I feel like it would keep things more genuine if we could see what someone has been able to achieve and also help us determine if the person giving the advice has learned what they're talking about through experience or they're just repeating something they've heard someone else say.

    Take Kelkel for example. His avatar completely preserves his anonymity while clearly showing he's a beast.

    Obs' avatar fits perfectly to his personality on this board lol, also preserves his anonymity, and also shows he's a beast.

    And recently Mr. BB put up an actual pic which I respect and appreciate.

    I just think it makes the interactions on this forum a little bit more genuine, that's all. Quite frankly, if my post offended you then you have to ask yourself why? I wasn't being disrespectful in any way, and I wasn't discrediting anyone either. I'm simply stating that it would be nice to see the physique behind the advice and would keep people from embellishing and giving unwarranted advice....to an extent, of course, as when dealing with people on the internet we'll never be able to weed out 100% of the posers.

    Of course we use our discretion and our best judgement in deciding who's advice to follow and who's advice to ignore. That's needless to be said. However, if having a picture of your physique WAS a requirement to give advice on this board, I assure you it would limit some of the ego and misrepresented information I've seen guys throw around.

    Mack, I'm not sure what that comment was about lol. I never claimed to be huge, but I have made great progress in the last year and if you're so much bigger than by all means show us in your avatar. See this is exactly what I'm talking about. Guys making claims of how big they are and what not, with zero accountability. Now, I like you Mack so I'm surprised you of all people called me out like that, but we're all adults here so by all means, thank you for sharing your opinion. And, yes, obviously I would be smaller if I wasn't on gear!

    To sum this up I'd just like to reiterate the fact that by no means am I saying that if you're not bigger than me than you don't have valuable information. In fact, I'd like to retract the part where I said I don't wanna take advice from someone who isn't beyond me in development. I can see that being flawed, fair enough.

    However, I still feel that it would create a more genuine environment if people had to show what their physiques looked like. Not their face, or their name, or any other identifying factor. Just their physique.

    At the end of the day I'm grateful for this forum and everyone on it. There's no hate here. It's something I've thought of many times since I've joined and still believe it has credence. I appreciate all the feedback that was given on this and who knows, maybe some guys will take it upon themselves to update their avatar with a visual representation of who they are, which on a body building/ fitness forum would be their physique IMO (even if it's a dated picture of them in their prime). Thanks for hearing me out.
    Mutual respect to you sir.
    Everyone takes shit too seriously 99% of the time.
    Everyone laugh and cut up and be a bunch of jolly assholes.
    I saw what you meant in your post.

    I also must say, I don't take advices from people that don't have shit for a build. Reading articles and med journals only gets someone so far. Until they have done it they don't get much attention from me.

    Everyone is a copy and paste google expert. Real world experience beats the piss outta books.
    Chrisp83TRT and AlphaMindz like this.

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    dont ask for a source thx
    Posts
    9,060
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMindz View Post
    I was going to respond to everyone individually but upon further consideration that would be a bit too time consuming for me as I am at work, but hopefully I can touch on most of your replies with this post.

    I'm aware of the fact that many pro body builders have very little knowledge about what they're taking and how AAS work as they just follow the advice of their coach, but they're also not running around giving people advice. I've spoken to advanced guys and they often have no problem admitting that they don't know how all this shit works and they just eat and train hard and leave the rest up to their coach.

    A lot of you guys went straight to size. I wasn't focusing purely on size as I used the word "development" and that can be in various areas. Size, leanness, strength, proportion, etc....

    You guys made valid points in terms of just because someone isn't bigger than you doesn't mean they don't have good knowledge....and I agree with that 100%. I'm just saying I feel like it would keep things more genuine if we could see what someone has been able to achieve and also help us determine if the person giving the advice has learned what they're talking about through experience or they're just repeating something they've heard someone else say.

    Take Kelkel for example. His avatar completely preserves his anonymity while clearly showing he's a beast.

    Obs' avatar fits perfectly to his personality on this board lol, also preserves his anonymity, and also shows he's a beast.

    And recently Mr. BB put up an actual pic which I respect and appreciate.

    I just think it makes the interactions on this forum a little bit more genuine, that's all. Quite frankly, if my post offended you then you have to ask yourself why? I wasn't being disrespectful in any way, and I wasn't discrediting anyone either. I'm simply stating that it would be nice to see the physique behind the advice and would keep people from embellishing and giving unwarranted advice....to an extent, of course, as when dealing with people on the internet we'll never be able to weed out 100% of the posers.

    Of course we use our discretion and our best judgement in deciding who's advice to follow and who's advice to ignore. That's needless to be said. However, if having a picture of your physique WAS a requirement to give advice on this board, I assure you it would limit some of the ego and misrepresented information I've seen guys throw around.

    Mack, I'm not sure what that comment was about lol. I never claimed to be huge, but I have made great progress in the last year and if you're so much bigger than by all means show us in your avatar. See this is exactly what I'm talking about. Guys making claims of how big they are and what not, with zero accountability. Now, I like you Mack so I'm surprised you of all people called me out like that, but we're all adults here so by all means, thank you for sharing your opinion. And, yes, obviously I would be smaller if I wasn't on gear!

    To sum this up I'd just like to reiterate the fact that by no means am I saying that if you're not bigger than me than you don't have valuable information. In fact, I'd like to retract the part where I said I don't wanna take advice from someone who isn't beyond me in development. I can see that being flawed, fair enough.

    However, I still feel that it would create a more genuine environment if people had to show what their physiques looked like. Not their face, or their name, or any other identifying factor. Just their physique.

    At the end of the day I'm grateful for this forum and everyone on it. There's no hate here. It's something I've thought of many times since I've joined and still believe it has credence. I appreciate all the feedback that was given on this and who knows, maybe some guys will take it upon themselves to update their avatar with a visual representation of who they are, which on a body building/ fitness forum would be their physique IMO (even if it's a dated picture of them in their prime). Thanks for hearing me out.
    the thing is is that you are far from the first person with this idea and it usually comes from a new member that thinks he is the shit and deserves to be more than a member so they call staff out so they can prove how superior in development they are ect...if that's not you than I apologize but these threads feel condescending to those of us that have been here for years and have taken our own time to help others...you have been here for like 10 minutes so you haven't had a chance to see the avy of myself that was up for like 3 years...I took it down because im sick of seeing myself...
    Chrisp83TRT and Obs like this.

  37. #37
    cousinmuscles's Avatar
    cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,751
    If only a pic but no proving it is required then anyone can put up a random pic that isn't them - recently a guy who was banned had done this. But if you aren't able to read the sources of the info, understand and think, and make a decision for yourself, no picture (even with proof) will help.
    Chrisp83TRT likes this.

  38. #38
    AlphaMindz's Avatar
    AlphaMindz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Destination Peaksville
    Posts
    1,016
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    the thing is is that you are far from the first person with this idea and it usually comes from a new member that thinks he is the shit and deserves to be more than a member so they call staff out so they can prove how superior in development they are ect...if that's not you than I apologize but these threads feel condescending to those of us that have been here for years and have taken our own time to help others...you have been here for like 10 minutes so you haven't had a chance to see the avy of myself that was up for like 3 years...I took it down because im sick of seeing myself...
    Fair enough man it wasn't a personal attack on you. You have a point in saying that it could across as condescending but that was not my intention. I'm glad you are able to level with me. And you're right man, I haven't been here very long in comparison to many of you, but I'm a part of this community and was making a suggestion. I just think it would help to legitimize some of the things people say and also help people take the staff more seriously. I've seen some of the arguments on here that stem from a lack of established credibility amongst fellow members and staff or even just amongst members..

    I will say you guys do a good job. I'm not hating on you guys at all. I would love to put a physique to the name, though, so I know who I'm talking to... That's all.
    Obs and Chrisp83TRT like this.

  39. #39
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,181
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMindz View Post
    Fair enough man it wasn't a personal attack on you. You have a point in saying that it could across as condescending but that was not my intention. I'm glad you are able to level with me. And you're right man, I haven't been here very long in comparison to many of you, but I'm a part of this community and was making a suggestion. I just think it would help to legitimize some of the things people say and also help people take the staff more seriously. I've seen some of the arguments on here that stem from a lack of established credibility amongst fellow members and staff or even just amongst members..

    I will say you guys do a good job. I'm not hating on you guys at all. I would love to put a physique to the name, though, so I know who I'm talking to... That's all.
    Glad to have you man.
    All the vets here I know have at some point posted photos. There is one I know of though that won't but has contributed to aas knowledge across the web not just here.

    For some anonymity means everything. Others dont have to fear so much.
    AlphaMindz likes this.

  40. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    dont ask for a source thx
    Posts
    9,060
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMindz View Post
    Fair enough man it wasn't a personal attack on you. You have a point in saying that it could across as condescending but that was not my intention. I'm glad you are able to level with me. And you're right man, I haven't been here very long in comparison to many of you, but I'm a part of this community and was making a suggestion. I just think it would help to legitimize some of the things people say and also help people take the staff more seriously. I've seen some of the arguments on here that stem from a lack of established credibility amongst fellow members and staff or even just amongst members..

    I will say you guys do a good job. I'm not hating on you guys at all. I would love to put a physique to the name, though, so I know who I'm talking to... That's all.
    its all good man, im glad you are here as well....
    AlphaMindz likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •