tempest818 is offline Associate Member

T3 Rebound broscience?

Hello all. So I’m running t3 with some Clen rn and it’s doing absolute wonders at 50-75mcg and 100mcg respectively.

I’ve been on for about two weeks and will go on for about six more.

I know that it’ll take 2-4 weeks for my thyroid to get going (probably a bit earlier ...I’m on the younger and healthier side). I don’t not understand the idea of a rebound.

If I’m using T3 on 1800 calories and then I drop the T3 and continue at 1800, why would I gain weight? Once I get off the T3 would I need to cut my calories even further? It doesn’t make sense. What if I ate at 900 calories a day WITH T3 (not really but let’s discuss) then what...?

I will maintain my diet for another month after I come off the T3.

Thank you for reading.
    Last edited by tempest818; 06-19-2018 at 02:22 AM.

M3g
    M3g is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tempest818 View Post
    Hello all. So I’m running t3 with some Clen rn and it’s doing absolute wonders at 50-75mcg and 100mcg respectively.

I’ve been on for about two weeks and will go on for about six more.

I know that it’ll take 2-4 weeks for my thyroid to get going (probably a bit earlier ...I’m on the younger and healthier side). I don’t not understand the idea of a rebound.

If I’m using T3 on 1800 calories and then I drop the T3 and continue at 1800, why would I gain weight? Once I get off the T3 would I need to cut my calories even further? It doesn’t make sense. What if I ate at 900 calories a day WITH T3 (not really but let’s discuss) then what...?

I will maintain my diet for another month after I come off the T3.

Thank you for reading.
    I'm not an expert but it does make sense because T3 is thyroid hormone that will increase your metabolism like hell. So let's say when you're normal and your thyroid hormone is being produced naturally you can cut weight at 2500 calories, when an excessive amount of the thyroid hormone is going into your body your metabolic rate will largely increase therefore you would be able to cut down weight at 2700 (For example) because of this increase of the thyroid hormone. You cutting down while on T3 at 1800 will make you cut down at 1600 while you're not usnig it (using the same logic in the previous example) because your metabolic rate is lower naturally. I hope it made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by M3g View Post
    I'm not an expert but it does make sense because T3 is thyroid hormone that will increase your metabolism like hell. So let's say when you're normal and your thyroid hormone is being produced naturally you can cut weight at 2500 calories, when an excessive amount of the thyroid hormone is going into your body your metabolic rate will largely increase therefore you would be able to cut down weight at 2700 (For example) because of this increase of the thyroid hormone. You cutting down while on T3 at 1800 will make you cut down at 1600 while you're not usnig it (using the same logic in the previous example) because your metabolic rate is lower naturally. I hope it made sense.

Ah I see what youre saying but the logic is a little different here, ill tell you why.

So say i naturally cut on 2000
    On T3 I can cut at say 2500

But what im doing is going in the opposite direction and cutting at 1800 which is BELOW my BMR (not on T3).
    By having to THEN cut at 1600 AFTER T3, were implying that my BMR goes all the way down to 1600 after the T3....

Does that happen?

It just doesnt make too much sense.

At this point cant I just still cut at 1800 even after I get off the T3 and wait for my thyroid to kick back in?

M3g
    M3g is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tempest818 View Post
    Ah I see what youre saying but the logic is a little different here, ill tell you why.

So say i naturally cut on 2000
    On T3 I can cut at say 2500

But what im doing is going in the opposite direction and cutting at 1800 which is BELOW my BMR (not on T3).
    By having to THEN cut at 1600 AFTER T3, were implying that my BMR goes all the way down to 1600 after the T3....

Does that happen?

It just doesnt make too much sense.

At this point cant I just still cut at 1800 even after I get off the T3 and wait for my thyroid to kick back in?
    You're below your BMR even in the first example you presented or it won't be a cut right? Either on T3 or not you must be at a caloric deficit. So i think your situation is not any different and yes it implies that at your natural metabolic rate you would need to be at 1600 to be able to cut and also imho would imply that you've started cutting calories way too much and way too fast. Either way i don't think it's a big problem you might just have to try when you're off the T3 and see if your weight it still going down at 1800 if not then you know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by M3g View Post
    You're below your BMR even in the first example you presented or it won't be a cut right? Either on T3 or not you must be at a caloric deficit. So i think your situation is not any different and yes it implies that at your natural metabolic rate you would need to be at 1600 to be able to cut and also imho would imply that you've started cutting calories way too much and way too fast. Either way i don't think it's a big problem you might just have to try when you're off the T3 and see if your weight it still going down at 1800 if not then you know what to do.

Cool cool. I’m just scared I’ll have to go sub 1000 calories just to maintain or something. I can probably pull it off for a week but idk how If i can eat a chicken breast and vegetables all day for more than a week lol.

Thread Information