Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member

Blood work: high IGF-1 / Low testosterone

I posted on here a couple of weeks ago about thinking about self prescribing trt. Mentioned that I feel like I have low t due to lethargy, poor mood, etc.

My blood work came in today and my total test levels are 471. But my IGF-1 Is 330, much higher than normal. When I was 19 my test levels were 880. I'm 32 now. Never took steroids or GH. I'm big and muscular (probably from the excess GH) and I have high blood pressure (related to high HGH). I also have high AST (47).

No wonder I've been depressed for years and had mood swings all my life. Well I don't know why I'm posting this, but whatever. Don't have insurance so I'll have to see what I can do at this point.

471 isn't really that low of test IMHO.
    What time of day was the test taken?

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    471 isn't really that low of test IMHO.
    What time of day was the test taken?
    Taken Monday morning after a 12 hour fast. Forgot to mention that my free-t was only 11.6 (8.7-25.1). Been eating healthy and exercising for months.

mxgregg is offline Junior Member
    My normal test level is 421.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Hows your diet? Do you eat enough complex carbs and vegtables?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Hows your diet? Do you eat enough complex carbs and vegtables?
    I eat a good amount of veggies, like cucumbers, tomatoes, spinach, etc. I eat a well balanced diet overall. Also eat oatmeal in the morning, use brown rice.

One other thing I think it may be is I think I have sleep apnea. My ex said I snored real loud and I often have trouble staying awake during tasks on my computer where I got to think. I read sleep problems can lower t because of increased cortisol.

I'm going to try to get a little leaner and use some breathing strips at night, and then I'll get my blood work in about a month. If it's still that low, I'm hopping on some test. I'm not happy being in the "normal" range when my peer average is 600-700. I want 1000.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Did you get a full hormone panel, including thyroid? Keep looking, it's worth it. Some ironically good news, insurance rarely covers Hormone replacement anyway.

Thread Information