SilverTest is offline Senior Member

Betablockers, zoloft and steroids

Hey guys,

1) ive been prescribed bisoprolol a beta blocker to lower my heart rate from anxiety and panic attacks. Anyone here on beta blockers i feel like shit since i started taking it fatigue low libido depression and more anxiety and insomnia..

2) my psych just prescribed zoloft to me..can you take steroids while on this?

Any experiences with these 2 drugs would be appreciated.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Yes on the beta blockers. Was started on Lopressor / Metoprolol many years ago. Couldn't tolerate it. Weak, dizzy, barely could walk across the room w/o getting fatigued.

Coreg/carvedilol does me much, much better

Nothing to share on the Zoloft.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Testlolblast is offline Associate Member
    Well I dunno but maybe you should try to talk to your doc about medication called nebivolol. It's not as dangerous as older generation beta blockers. Yes it might be more expensive but still it's safer to take. It's taken not only to regulate a heart function, but also it has a mild impact lowering high blood pressure. But it's your choice, good luck!

The God Himself is offline Knowledgeable Member
    For the SSRIs (zoloft), give my thread a read:
    https://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-...same-time.html

If you plan to use nolvadex , you may want to consider upping your dosage.

Proximal is offline Banned
    On beta blockers & Prozac. No issues here.

Well only one, when I first started the beta blockers, I almost drove through a red light, completely oblivious.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    While on TRT a doc prescribed me the lowest dose of zoloft. Four weeks later my nipples got sore so I stopped taking it and the nipples stopped being sore.
    I posted something a while ago about this and studies with it that show SSRIs raise prolactin.

SocioMachiavelli is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have a similar experience with Beta blockers, they literally cause my mood to drop so low that I begin to have suicidal ideation. They also can prevent you from engaging in cardiovascular exercise such as running because your body is trying up your heart rate whilst the drug is fighting to keep it down... which for me resulted in a crushing chest pain and having to discontinue the exercise. Beta blockers can if used for a prolonged period cause heart issues, just like steroids given the right circumstances. The main issue with this particular type of drugs and your difficulties..... is that cardiovascular exercise with a decent amount of intensity is possibly one of the most effective methods of reducing anxiety, panic and increasing tolerance to stress. From what you are saying the betablocker is doing more harm than good, so I would gradually reduce then discontinue.

The Zoloft will potentially have start up side effects for the first few weeks as your body begins to adjust to it... so you may have headaches, nausea etc which you need to ride out to see what therapeutic zoloft may have for you. Other peoples experiences of zoloft are irrelevant because everyone responds differently.... it may be great for AG but turn out to be poison for you.

I guess my question is.... beyond the medicine prescribed by the GP, what methods do you have for coping or managing your Anxiety/Panic?

Quote Originally Posted by Testlolblast View Post
    Well I dunno but maybe you should try to talk to your doc about medication called nebivolol. It's not as dangerous as older generation beta blockers. Yes it might be more expensive but still it's safer to take. It's taken not only to regulate a heart function, but also it has a mild impact lowering high blood pressure. But it's your choice, good luck!
    I presented to the ER with a pulse of 145.... they performed an ECG etc which came back fine... He then said I'm going to prescribe you a beta blocker.... I told him I already took 5mg of nebivolol that morning.

Also when you panic..... do you hyperventilate?

Testlolblast is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SocioMachiavelli View Post
    Also when you panic..... do you hyperventilate?
    If you asking this to me... I would rather say that I hypoventilate, lol.

No bro i never hyperventilated actually i just get dizzy nd sweaty nd panicky nd my heart starts racing. Its like my whole body is tightening up.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    On beta blockers & Prozac. No issues here.

Well only one, when I first started the beta blockers, I almost drove through a red light, completely oblivious.
    Man im on bisoprolol but it feels like im so depressed and fatigued after i took it. Btw does it affect libido and erections??

Quote Originally Posted by SilverTest View Post
    Man im on bisoprolol but it feels like im so depressed and fatigued after i took it. Btw does it affect libido and erections??
    It can do yes. Betablockers make my mood dangerously low, they do also slow everything down.

Can you run, cycle or swim?

Quote Originally Posted by SocioMachiavelli View Post
    I have a similar experience with Beta blockers, they literally cause my mood to drop so low that I begin to have suicidal ideation. They also can prevent you from engaging in cardiovascular exercise such as running because your body is trying up your heart rate whilst the drug is fighting to keep it down... which for me resulted in a crushing chest pain and having to discontinue the exercise. Beta blockers can if used for a prolonged period cause heart issues, just like steroids given the right circumstances. The main issue with this particular type of drugs and your difficulties..... is that cardiovascular exercise with a decent amount of intensity is possibly one of the most effective methods of reducing anxiety, panic and increasing tolerance to stress. From what you are saying the betablocker is doing more harm than good, so I would gradually reduce then discontinue.

The Zoloft will potentially have start up side effects for the first few weeks as your body begins to adjust to it... so you may have headaches, nausea etc which you need to ride out to see what therapeutic zoloft may have for you. Other peoples experiences of zoloft are irrelevant because everyone responds differently.... it may be great for AG but turn out to be poison for you.

I guess my question is.... beyond the medicine prescribed by the GP, what methods do you have for coping or managing your Anxiety/Panic?
    Tx for the reply really helpful. This all started after i took panax ginseng for a long time and it went downwards since then. I cant even drink a small cup of coffee without having a crisis. The gave this beta blocker which i feel is scewing my body even more BUT it is protecting me from high heart rate. I have nothing actually to cope i dont know what to do honestly cs my life is totally ruined i cant even exercise etc...

Bump

Thread Information