Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 2 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By RuhlFreak55

Thread: Why would TRT patients need anti-estrogens?

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member

Why would TRT patients need anti-estrogens?

Help me understand this. A patient takes 160 mg/week of bioidentical testosterone cypionate . That put's him at a total average of 750 ng/dL.

If they are simply supplementing their body with what it would naturally make, I don't see why they would need an anti-estrogen?

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    I would say at 160mg per week you should be well over the 850 range depending when you took this blood test and how long before the last injection (this varies per person though so not really a concern)

I'm on 150mg per week split into 2 injections and levels are usually over 1000 a few days after last pin...

>If they are simply supplementing their body with what it would naturally make, I don't see why they would need an anti-estrogen?
    The goal of actual TRT is to keep the levels balanced and in the healthy natural range so you don't really need an AI but i think it depends on the individual and how each person reacts to extra test in their body

If your TRT is low enough you shouldnt need an AI at all unless you have other issues and your e2 is through the roof even on low dose TRT protocols

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Help me understand this. A patient takes 160 mg/week of bioidentical testosterone cypionate . That put's him at a total average of 750 ng/dL.

If they are simply supplementing their body with what it would naturally make, I don't see why they would need an anti-estrogen?
    Because some people naturally produce more aromatase enzyme. A dose of exogenous T that may put them @ a good point in the total and freeT department may push their E2 up to a point that it needs to be addressed.
    Again, we are talking about TRT not a cycle.
    Chrisp83TRT likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

RoxRunner is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Because some people naturally produce more aromatase enzyme. A dose of exogenous T that may put them @ a good point in the total and freeT department may push their E2 up to a point that it needs to be addressed.
    Again, we are talking about TRT not a cycle.
    Spot on.. I get my TRT in the form of 1800mg of pellets every 5-6 months. My E2 spikes then tapers down to a normal range. Through constant bw, my dr. and I have found that I need an AI for the first three months. I have a high metabolism and I'm super active so I require a larger dose of pellets to feel normal and at the high dose, E conversion is going to happen.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    because a lot of TRT guys (not all of them of course) and their doctors are simply chasing blood work numbers. the goal is to take exogenous test, and whatever other drugs (or supplements) to put certain blood work values within a so called "normal" range.
    even if guys feel a bit better with higher then 'normal' levels of estrogen (because they actually have higher then normal levels of androgens), they don't always go by feel, they go by the blood serum level numbers on a piece of paper. and if an AI gets them to those so called "normal" numbers then they are likely going to continue to take them.

note : yes some guys aromatize a ton, and lived most their lives with low levels of Testosterone until they got on TRT. and now that their body has this new found high test levels, they are very sensitive to estrogen and aromatization. so an AI makes sense and may be needed for their TRT (though it may not be needed indefinitely) , the body changes over time
    Chrisp83TRT and KennyJ like this.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Some guys aromatize more than others and it seems to get worse with age. I know guys who run TRT @ 100-125mg week and still need an AI or SERM.

edmondle is offline Junior Member
    If I do trt dose (125mg) one shot every week I notice my nipple gets a bit sensitive, if I do it twice a week I don’t have any problem, some people aromatise more than others, but the other problem is if u shot even a small trt dose once a week it’s going to have bigger peak.

Chrisp83TRT is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashop View Post
    Some guys aromatize more than others and it seems to get worse with age. I know guys who run TRT @ 100-125mg week and still need an AI or SERM.
    I'm running 150mg a week and I need anywhere between .25-.50 adex weekly to maintain estrogens at moral high levels and even that doesn't cut it.
    I hate taking AI but if I don't , my E skyrockets

As.others have stated, some automaze more than others

Sent from my JSN-AL00 using Tapatalk

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    Because my TRT script is 400mg a week
    KennyJ likes this.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    also, you need to consider WHY the person needing the TRT. just replacing the testosterone for some isnt enough. It isnt that simple in some cases

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edmondle View Post
    If I do trt dose (125mg) one shot every week I notice my nipple gets a bit sensitive, if I do it twice a week I don’t have any problem, some people aromatise more than others, but the other problem is if u shot even a small trt dose once a week it’s going to have bigger peak.
    I know an older IFBB pro who believes TRT should be done in small increments on a daily basis @ 10mg daily.
    He claims no AI or SERM will be needed.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashop View Post
    I know an older IFBB pro who believes TRT should be done in small increments on a daily basis @ 10mg daily.
    He claims no AI or SERM will be needed.
    Smaller more frequent injectionsons do seem to aromatize less.
    Going from 150mg 1x/week to 60mg 2x/week gave me just as high or slightly higher free T values and a lower E2.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Thread Information