Results 1 to 36 of 36
Like Tree20Likes
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By Quester
  • 2 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By Quester
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By Quester
  • 1 Post By EDCG19
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By EDCG19
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By Ernst
  • 1 Post By MegaMeatMan
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By Ernst
  • 1 Post By
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By Quester
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By Obs

Thread: Is hair loss genetic?

  1. #1
    McGregor is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    154

    Is hair loss genetic?

    Is hair loss genetic? I'm not predisposed to male pattern baldness but i was curious if steroids are going to cause hair loss even if not predisposed?

  2. #2
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,986
    Quote Originally Posted by McGregor View Post
    Is hair loss genetic? I'm not predisposed to male pattern baldness but i was curious if steroids are going to cause hair loss even if not predisposed?
    Yes it can.

    Also....
    Look at your mothers father.
    That is your hairline future according to my amazing hair cutter lady.

    Idgaf if its not proven though.
    Thats how awesome she is.
    Quester likes this.

  3. #3
    Quester's Avatar
    Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    In the Bluegrass
    Posts
    1,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Yes it can.

    Also....
    Look at your mothers father.
    That is your hairline future according to my amazing hair cutter lady.

    Idgaf if its not proven though.
    Thats how awesome she is.
    LOL, You are right again.

    The genetics influencing male sexual expression are inherited maternally. So, look to Mom's father to know your body hair, age of pubertal onset, and genitalia.
    Obs likes this.

  4. #4
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    LOL, You are right again.

    The genetics influencing male sexual expression are inherited maternally. So, look to Mom's father to know your body hair, age of pubertal onset, and genitalia.
    Oh shit...
    Hope my boys grandad was hung...
    Chrisp83TRT and Quester like this.

  5. #5
    Quester's Avatar
    Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    In the Bluegrass
    Posts
    1,981
    Obs likes this.

  6. #6
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    Lol! You just ruined that speech!
    Quester likes this.

  7. #7
    Quester's Avatar
    Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    In the Bluegrass
    Posts
    1,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Lol! You just ruined that speech!
    Yeah, I feel like I'm coming up short.
    Obs likes this.

  8. #8
    EDCG19's Avatar
    EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,000
    My grandfather on my moms side is bald
    My dad is sort of bald but he hides it
    My brother is in his 20s and hes been balding since his teens
    I found some pics of myself from my early 20s a while back and I've always been balding slowly with or without the gear use so it doesnt bother me anymore
    Getting older have more things to worry about than keeping my hair

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Obs likes this.

  9. #9
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,986
    Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    My grandfather on my moms side is bald
    My dad is sort of bald but he hides it
    My brother is in his 20s and hes been balding since his teens
    I found some pics of myself from my early 20s a while back and I've always been balding slowly with or without the gear use so it doesnt bother me anymore
    Getting older have more things to worry about than keeping my hair

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Hair doesn't mean a thing.
    Broad shoulders beat a nice haicut in anyones eyes
    German89 likes this.

  10. #10
    EDCG19's Avatar
    EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Hair doesn't mean a thing.
    Broad shoulders beat a nice haicut in anyones eyes
    Yea plus I get to save money on haircuts


    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Obs likes this.

  11. #11
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,986
    Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    Yea plus I get to save money on haircuts


    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Thats no joke.
    I tip Deb, my little hair girl, at least the cost of the haircut.
    She earns it though. She does it by memory to the odd shape of my head every damn time and perfect.
    I feel like I owe her a baby or something.
    German89 likes this.

  12. #12
    Ernst's Avatar
    Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Heart is in Vienna
    Posts
    18,859
    Remember, your mom has two copies of the X chromosome and only one came from her father.

    I have a luxurious head full of hair like an Herbal Essences commercial and I'm a juicehead pushing 40.
    Quester likes this.

  13. #13
    fiddlesticks's Avatar
    fiddlesticks is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    477
    Blog Entries
    1
    Its weird, at age 16 my hairline went back on one side a tiny bit (obviously was natural) and after that nothing. No amount of steroids (or other peds) has changed it at all. Not tren , superdrol , nada. That being said, gear and thyroid hormone makes my finger nails and hair grow aloooooot faster.

    Considering people can have bald spots in their teens, hell yes its genetic, I work with someone who is 18 and is a cue ball already, poor kid.lol
    Last edited by fiddlesticks; 01-06-2019 at 11:09 PM.

  14. #14
    Proximal's Avatar
    Proximal is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,721
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    Its weird, at age 16 my hairline went back on one side a tiny bit (obviously was natural) and after that nothing. No amount of steroids (or other peds) has changed it at all. Not tren , superdrol , nada. That being said, gear and thyroid hormone makes my finger nails and hair grow aloooooot faster.

    Considering people can have bald spots in their teens, hell yes its genetic, I work with someone who is 18 and is a cue ball already, poor kid.lol
    Have them eat more peanut butter and drink chocolate milk; will reverse those genetics without an issue.

  15. #15
    fiddlesticks's Avatar
    fiddlesticks is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    477
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Have them eat more peanut butter and drink chocolate milk; will reverse those genetics without an issue.
    It probably would help, i mean milk has tons of building blocks for hair. Anecdotally my hair is thick as hell, must be the chocolate milk.

  16. #16
    MegaMeatMan's Avatar
    MegaMeatMan is online now Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Oklahoma.
    Posts
    71
    My grandfather from mother's side lived to be 92 with hair.
    I've always had nice thick hair to until I started using steroids . No doubt they will cause baldness. My hair is so thin now. I'll be bald in couple more years. Very disheartening. I'm positive it's testosterone . Been on it about 5yrs now. Look around, do you see anybody that uses testosterone regularly not bald?


    Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Quester likes this.

  17. #17
    Ashop's Avatar
    Ashop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,364
    Quote Originally Posted by McGregor View Post
    Is hair loss genetic? I'm not predisposed to male pattern baldness but i was curious if steroids are going to cause hair loss even if not predisposed?
    I have used AAS for over 25+ years and still have a full head of hair. A lot of the time, yes it is genetic.

  18. #18
    Quester's Avatar
    Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    In the Bluegrass
    Posts
    1,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
    Remember, your mom has two copies of the X chromosome and only one came from her father.

    I have a luxurious head full of hair like an Herbal Essences commercial and I'm a juicehead pushing 40.
    The one which comes from father is the one which is passed on to male offspring.

  19. #19
    Ernst's Avatar
    Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Heart is in Vienna
    Posts
    18,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    The one which comes from father is the one which is passed on to male offspring.
    Wrong.

    Scientific and medical fact.

    https://genetics.thetech.org/ask-a-g...chromosome-mom

  20. #20
    EDCG19's Avatar
    EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,000
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaMeatMan View Post
    My grandfather from mother's side lived to be 92 with hair.
    I've always had nice thick hair to until I started using steroids . No doubt they will cause baldness. My hair is so thin now. I'll be bald in couple more years. Very disheartening. I'm positive it's testosterone . Been on it about 5yrs now. Look around, do you see anybody that uses testosterone regularly not bald?


    Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    It's the test for sure.. I'm not to worried about it anyway
    Everyone ages so you lose your hair, I'd rather not be like my dad who dyed his hair black for years because he didn't want to see any gray hairs
    I've been balding since my 20s and have had some grey hairs since the same time, rather not worry about it and focus on more important things


    I've given up my fight for hair!!! might wear a rug later on though who knows

  21. #21
    MegaMeatMan's Avatar
    MegaMeatMan is online now Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Oklahoma.
    Posts
    71
    While I really, really miss my hair and don't think I look too hot being bald. There's absolutely NO WAY I'll give up my testosterone . Guess I'm just going to be bald. I'm pretty sure even if I were to quit using testosterone the damage is already done.
    If it's true you only go around once, well then I'm going around with really big biceps!

    Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

  22. #22
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
    Wrong.

    Scientific and medical fact.

    https://genetics.thetech.org/ask-a-g...chromosome-mom
    You are just jealous because Deborah never cut your hair!

    You leave her alone!
    Ernst likes this.

  23. #23
    Ernst's Avatar
    Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Heart is in Vienna
    Posts
    18,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    You are just jealous because Deborah never cut your hair!

    You leave her alone!
    I go to Veronica. Once you find a gal who can sculpt your cowlick-ridden hair around your lumpy, mishapen melon of a head and make you look decent you're bound to her for life.
    Obs likes this.

  24. #24
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
    I go to Veronica. Once you find a gal who can sculpt your cowlick-ridden hair around your lumpy, mishapen melon of a head and make you look decent you're bound to her for life.
    Hell yes!
    I went through a hundred to find her

  25. #25
    Arcānn's Avatar
    Arcānn is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    244
    To the best of my understanding, if you aren't genetically prone to going bald, AAS won't do anything to your hair. However, if you are, AAS will speed the process up. Some people think they aren't genetically predisposed to balding because they're 40 and have all their hair, do a cycle, and lose a lot of it, and think it's just the AAS. But they forget that some people never even START balding until their 50's, and then there are poor guys like me who started losing it at 20.

    I also question this whole "passed from your mother" thing. I'm literally the ONLY male on my mom's side (as far back as anyone can trace) to EVER lose their hair. My uncle in his 50's hasn't lost a single hair yet. My grandfather died in his 80's with a full head of hair, not even a receding hairline. Great grandparents were the same according to all the pictures I've ever seen. However, on my dad's side, I'd say about 70% of the men were losing their hair by their 30's, and every single one of them, including me, has the exact same pattern of baldness.
    GearHeaded likes this.

  26. #26
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    4,236
    the balding effects from AAS are NOT always permanent. just like acne, its a temporary inconvenience that fixes itself when you come off.

    when I run Tren , there is hair in the sink. when I'm off of tren there is no longer hair in the sink. I've been experimenting with Tren for years and I'm not balding at all (in my 40s). so the hair clearly grows back and the loss is just temporary.

    however, some guys are unfortunate and pre-disposed to being bald and wither they take AAS or not they will go bald (AAS just speeds things along)
    Obs likes this.

  27. #27
    Quester's Avatar
    Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    In the Bluegrass
    Posts
    1,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
    Wrong.

    Scientific and medical fact.

    https://genetics.thetech.org/ask-a-g...chromosome-mom

    Nice read but unfortunately it does not apply. The article you posted applies to the other 22 chromsomes. The chromosomes responsible for male sexual genetics come from the maternal grandfather.
    Obs likes this.

  28. #28
    Ernst's Avatar
    Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Heart is in Vienna
    Posts
    18,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    Nice read but unfortunately it does not apply. The article you posted applies to the other 22 chromsomes. The chromosomes responsible for male sexual genetics come from the maternal grandfather.
    Source?

    What I'm hearing is that all brothers born of the same mother will all directly inherit their mothers fathers sex characteristics. 100%. That is what you're saying, yes?

    You're saying my mother is a product of an extramarital affair because I am not bald but my maternal grnadfather was.
    Last edited by Ernst; 01-08-2019 at 09:35 PM.

  29. #29
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,986

  30. #30
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,986
    The only opinion or facts that matter are Deb's!

    If she was 5 years younger I wouldnt have my hair cut by her for fear of making a stupid mistake.
    Quester likes this.

  31. #31
    Octaneforce's Avatar
    Octaneforce is online now Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    New yawkkk
    Posts
    882
    Biotin, hgh, finastride, and lots of nutritious food is your best chance to keep your hair. Sure maybe without gear someone may have never went bald, but once you jack up your hormones and increase dht, your fate changes. I thought i was gonna end up bald but I think i actually have more hair now than i did a year ago. But im only 25 so im probably fucked lol. My mothers father, and that entire side has perfect hair. Whatever. Ill gladly trade muscles for hair anyway.

  32. #32
    Quester's Avatar
    Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    In the Bluegrass
    Posts
    1,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
    Source?

    What I'm hearing is that all brothers born of the same mother will all directly inherit their mothers fathers sex characteristics. 100%. That is what you're saying, yes?

    You're saying my mother is a product of an extramarital affair because I am not bald but my maternal grnadfather was.
    No, that isn't correct.
    The genes for sexual expression come from the sex chromosomes, in males that is from the maternal grandfather.

  33. #33
    Quester's Avatar
    Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    In the Bluegrass
    Posts
    1,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
    Source?

    What I'm hearing is that all brothers born of the same mother will all directly inherit their mothers fathers sex characteristics. 100%. That is what you're saying, yes?

    You're saying my mother is a product of an extramarital affair because I am not bald but my maternal grnadfather was.
    I will not comment upon the possibility of an extramarital affair. That is also something you are saying, not me.

  34. #34
    Ernst's Avatar
    Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Heart is in Vienna
    Posts
    18,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    No, that isn't correct.
    The genes for sexual expression come from the sex chromosomes, in males that is from the maternal grandfather.
    Still waiting on that source.

  35. #35
    carvv is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    31
    Yes it's genetic. No you won't lose your hair if you are not genetically predisposed to lose your hair (but are you sure you aren't?)

  36. #36
    TestoSuper's Avatar
    TestoSuper is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    421
    Yes hair loss is genetic.
    Steroids do nothing to their hair.
    If you are genetically predisposed they might accelerate the loss a little bit.
    In some cases it is the opposite, I saw some old videos of Lou Ferrigno in the days of the golden era while he was hiring dbol and other her hair
    grew and became active.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •