• 3 Post By GearHeaded
  • 2 Post By Old Duffer
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >

Thread: Advice for keeping gains

volive is offline New Member

Advice for keeping gains

I'm 43 years old.
    I completed my 3rd cycle 9-20-18
    I wanted to recomp my fat ass. I've been lifting since I was 20yrs old. Non stop the last 3 years.
    I ran a low dose long cycle of 18 weeks consisting of the following weekly total:
    400mg Tri Test
    150mg Tri Tren
    250mg Cyp
    50mg of trenbalone
    Arimidex 2 pills

I pinned Monday/Thursday. I also took 1 arimidex on Monday and Thursday.
    I did a lean keto diet consisting of:
    Chicken, eggs, turkey, salmon, cod, tilapia and pork loin mixed with either asparagus, green beans, broccoli, carrots, cabbage, mixed veggies.
    I was taking a multi vitamin, along with vitamin C, D, calcium and glucose-mine and mct oil in my protein shake daily.
    My daily protein intake was between 180 and 200g daily. I know this is low, but my main goal was not to bulk.
    I would allow myself 1 reset meal on the weekend and occasionally a reset weekend where I would splurge, but not to excess.
    I was drinking between 1 and 1.5 gallons of water a day.

Starting weight 195lbs
    1st Dexa scan prior to cycle put me at 28% body fat.
    In the first 9 weeks I lost approx 15lbs of fat and put on 6lbs of muscle according to my DEXA scan.
    I added BCAA's to my second 1/2 along with a preworkout supplement.
    My last Dexa scan at the end put me at 15.6% body fat. I was down another 10lbs of fat and up another 10lbs of muslce.
    I was really happy with my results over the 18 weeks. My body had changed drastically inmho.

My workouts where as follows.
    Day 1: Back and shoulders
    Day 2: Legs
    Day 3: Chest, bi's and tri's
    Day 4: rest
    REPEAT

Going off cycle:
    My 1st week off cycle I took my normal TRT dose of 150mg cyp. along with HCG and continued my arimidex, diet and other supplements.
    I then took two weeks off all steroids , but continued HCG. After 2 weeks my Test level was around 800.
    I then continued my TRT of 150mg and HCG, backed off my arimidex to 1 pill weekly.

I continued my workout regimen and diet. I did splurge on calories during the holidays, but maintained my protein, water, vitamins and supplements.

My bench went down from 245X10 to 225X10 as expected.

My question/concern.

I'm about to start another cycle. I added creatine to my stack 2 weeks ago. Only other change was adding flaxseed to my BCAA's drink. I went in yesterday for a DEXA scan and it had some very disturbing results.
    According to DEXA I'm now at 21% body fat, I'm up 10lbs of fat and down 11lbs of muscle. I JUST DON'T See that being accurate when I look in the mirror. My weight has only changed by +2lbs.

What am I doing wrong?

Did I get a bad scan?

I went from 34" jeans to 32" jeans being loose. I'm still wearing the 32's quite comfortably.

Thanks for any and all help. I could really use some "hang in there" and constructive criticism.

Regards,
    Volive

Advice for keeping gains-20190109_101955.jpgAdvice for keeping gains-20190109_101736.jpg

The side by side is pre cycle and 2 weeks ago. The other single is post cycle.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    ^ Def not 21% - period

Eduke93 is offline Senior Member
    Not accurate, avoid all these fancy scans and go by the mirror.

Key to keeping gains is keeping up training and nutrition, as your on TRT you don't have to worry about crashing so no excuse for the gains to go, you may see a decrease in hardness and some gain of fat but it shouldn't be as aggressive as your scan shows, i'm sure its wrong.
    Chrisp83TRT likes this.

Thanks!
    I thought these dexa scans where bullet proof when it came to comparing one scan to another. I have read that initial BF can be off, but the changes where supposed to be on point. Guess that's BS too...

Blog Entries
    Which one is Dexa?

I remember a bod pod or water or some shit

But, going by the ol' calibrated eye ball - id say sub 14 for sure - 12% Bf would b my guess

DEXA is originally used for bone density. Its a low x-ray machine.

This is from a website:
    In addition to evaluating bone mineral density, the whole-body scan can also be used to measure total body composition and fat content with a high degree of accuracy. In other words, DXA gives a detailed snapshot of your body composition, including how your body weight breaks down into fat, bone and lean tissue. New research shows that the scan is highly accurate compared with most other methods for determining body composition and highly useful for tracking change in muscle and fat over time.

AlphaMindz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by volive View Post
    I'm 43 years old.
    I completed my 3rd cycle 9-20-18
    I wanted to recomp my fat ass. I've been lifting since I was 20yrs old. Non stop the last 3 years.
    I ran a low dose long cycle of 18 weeks consisting of the following weekly total:
    400mg Tri Test
    150mg Tri Tren
    250mg Cyp
    50mg of trenbalone
    Arimidex 2 pills

I pinned Monday/Thursday. I also took 1 arimidex on Monday and Thursday.
    I did a lean keto diet consisting of:
    Chicken, eggs, turkey, salmon, cod, tilapia and pork loin mixed with either asparagus, green beans, broccoli, carrots, cabbage, mixed veggies.
    I was taking a multi vitamin, along with vitamin C, D, calcium and glucose-mine and mct oil in my protein shake daily.
    My daily protein intake was between 180 and 200g daily. I know this is low, but my main goal was not to bulk.
    I would allow myself 1 reset meal on the weekend and occasionally a reset weekend where I would splurge, but not to excess.
    I was drinking between 1 and 1.5 gallons of water a day.

Starting weight 195lbs
    1st Dexa scan prior to cycle put me at 28% body fat.
    In the first 9 weeks I lost approx 15lbs of fat and put on 6lbs of muscle according to my DEXA scan.
    I added BCAA's to my second 1/2 along with a preworkout supplement.
    My last Dexa scan at the end put me at 15.6% body fat. I was down another 10lbs of fat and up another 10lbs of muslce.
    I was really happy with my results over the 18 weeks. My body had changed drastically inmho.

My workouts where as follows.
    Day 1: Back and shoulders
    Day 2: Legs
    Day 3: Chest, bi's and tri's
    Day 4: rest
    REPEAT

Going off cycle:
    My 1st week off cycle I took my normal TRT dose of 150mg cyp. along with HCG and continued my arimidex, diet and other supplements.
    I then took two weeks off all steroids , but continued HCG. After 2 weeks my Test level was around 800.
    I then continued my TRT of 150mg and HCG, backed off my arimidex to 1 pill weekly.

I continued my workout regimen and diet. I did splurge on calories during the holidays, but maintained my protein, water, vitamins and supplements.

My bench went down from 245X10 to 225X10 as expected.

My question/concern.

I'm about to start another cycle. I added creatine to my stack 2 weeks ago. Only other change was adding flaxseed to my BCAA's drink. I went in yesterday for a DEXA scan and it had some very disturbing results.
    According to DEXA I'm now at 21% body fat, I'm up 10lbs of fat and down 11lbs of muscle. I JUST DON'T See that being accurate when I look in the mirror. My weight has only changed by +2lbs.

What am I doing wrong?

Did I get a bad scan?

I went from 34" jeans to 32" jeans being loose. I'm still wearing the 32's quite comfortably.

Thanks for any and all help. I could really use some "hang in there" and constructive criticism.

Regards,
    Volive
    Hey bro so first of all I agree with duke and samson as that scan is very obviously incorrect. I would also estimate your bf to be ~12% give or take.

In regards to your decrease in strength, I would attribute that to the tren ace leaving your system as the tren e, test cyp, and most of the tri test is still very much in your system after 2 weeks off.

I'm not sure why you're not spreading out your adex dose but it lasts at best about 3 days in your system so you really wanna take it eod or e3d at most to ensure your levels don't fluctuate too much. So if your dose is 1mg per week then either take .25 ed or .5 eod.

Other than that I don't see anything you're doing "wrong" but there may be some things you could do better or more optimally to maximize your results.

Side note, there are better sources for EPA/DHA than flaxseed as our bodies tend not to absorb it very well. It seems we absorb these nutrients more efficiently when they come from an animal source ie high grade fish oil (taken with a fat source for better absorption).

Overall you're lookin good though man and making good gains. Just keep doing what you're doing while tweaking things as you continue to learn. Great job bro keep up the good work!
    Chrisp83TRT and Octaneforce like this.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Honesty I'd ask fir a refund,,,,no I'd DEMAND a refund as it's over 66% inaccurate.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    you never really get to "keep gains" . you can work hard to get gains, then you have to work harder to get more gains. there is no 'keeping' anything. all there is is simply working for more and more and that never stops.

its like working 60 hours a week for 10 years straight to make a million dollars. Then once you get there and you have your million dollar life and assets , having to now work 80 hours a week just to pay taxes on your worth and investments , and keep paying for you lifestyle.
    you don't get your million free and clear and get to 'keep it' . you actually have to work harder in most cases just to keep up with it.

look at Kevin Levrone , he had all the possible "keepable gains" imaginable and all the genetic gifts. yet the minute he stopped working over time it all went away
    Advice for keeping gains-kevin_levrone.jpg

Old Duffer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    you never really get to "keep gains" . you can work hard to get gains, then you have to work harder to get more gains. there is no 'keeping' anything. all there is is simply working for more and more and that never stops.

its like working 60 hours a week for 10 years straight to make a million dollars. Then once you get there and you have your million dollar life and assets , having to now work 80 hours a week just to pay taxes on your worth and investments , and keep paying for you lifestyle.
    you don't get your million free and clear and get to 'keep it' . you actually have to work harder in most cases just to keep up with it.

look at Kevin Levrone , he had all the possible "keepable gains" imaginable and all the genetic gifts. yet the minute he stopped working over time it all went away
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KEVIN_LEVRONE.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	175476
    This is the most painfully TRUE statement ever!!!

You're either growing or shrinking... And shrinking is easier!
    GearHeaded and i_SLAM_cougars like this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Never come off.
    Blast cruise
    Bridge as necessary
    Most likely die young.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Never come off.
    Blast cruise
    Bridge as necessary