Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Windex
  • 3 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By timothy5983
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded

Thread: Another First Timer

  1. #1
    timothy5983 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    12

    Another First Timer

    I am going to do my first cycle. I've been on TRT for about two years. I take 200mg of Test Cyp every ten days. This keeps my total test around 625. I see my urologist every six months to get my refills and blood work is always required. I am currently 36 years old, 6'4" and 215 lbs. at 12% bf. I have been lifting for almost four years.

    I am following Austinite's first cycle post exactly. I will be doing 500mg per week of Test E, dosing on Mondays and Thursdays. I will also be taking 0.25mg of arimidex every other day. I also have my PCT set up exactly as Austinite recommends, four weeks of Clomid at 75/50/50/50 and Nolvadex at 40/20/20/20.

    I am aiming for 4000-4500 calories per day based on the muscle group I'm training, with legs on the higher end and arms/shoulders on the lower end. I am really excited to begin this journey.

    I really appreciate all of the knowledge in this forum. Thank you to all who have contributed.
    Last edited by timothy5983; 06-04-2019 at 03:48 PM.

  2. #2
    Windex is offline MONITOR
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arctic Circle
    Posts
    3,128
    Quote Originally Posted by timothy5983 View Post
    I am going to do my first cycle. I've been on TRT for about two years. I take 200mg of Test Cyp every ten days. This keeps my total test around 625. I see my urologist every six months to get my refills and blood work is always required. I am currently 36 years old, 6'4" and 215 lbs. at 12% bf. I have been lifting for almost four years.

    I am following Austinite's first cycle post exactly. I will be doing 500mg per week of Test E, dosing on Mondays and Thursdays. I will also be taking 0.25mg of arimidex per day. I also have my PCT set up exactly as Austinite recommends, four weeks of Clomid at 75/50/50/50 and Nolvadex at 40/20/20/20.

    I am aiming for 4000-4500 calories per day based on the muscle group I'm training, with legs on the higher end and arms/shoulders on the lower end. I am really excited to begin this journey.

    I really appreciate all of the knowledge in this forum. Thank you to all who have contributed.
    Do not do PCT - you just go down to your TRT dose at end of cycle.

    Injecting every 10 days is putting your body through a hormonal roller coaster. You should be injecting twice per week at a minimum.

    I would also strongly consider the following to optimize your HRT:

    - Vitamin D3 with Magnesium and K2
    - DHEA
    - HCG
    It is not heroes that make history, but history that makes heroes.

    No source checks.

  3. #3
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    4,967
    as stated above.. you do NOT do a PCT if your on TRT.

    essentially your just upping your TRT dose from 200mg to 500mg and then you go back down to 200mg when your done (I wouldn't really consider this a first 'cycle' per se, and I would keep your expectations low). 500mg of test for someone thats already been using exogenous test at 200mg for 2 years straight is not going to provide a whole lot of effect. but if your diet and training are spot on then the gains will come.

    personally, I generally recommend guys that have been on TRT for awhile that decide to do a cycle to go with running actual anabolics for their first cycle rather then simply upping their androgen dosage. you'll get more of a new stimulus response by introducing an anabolic that your body is not accustomed to rather then simply adding more of the same old androgen (note: Test is not an anabolic steroid , its an androgen).

    also with the Arimdex.. your running that from the start before you know wither you need to run it or not ? are you estrogen sensitive and requiring an AI on your TRT ? one of the main benefits or running high dosages of Test is to get the increase in estrogen along with the increase in androgens (these two are synergetic together), by keeping estrogen low during a cycle your somewhat defeating that purpose. if your goal is to keep estrogen low, then I would not bother even running something like Test thats whole purpose is to convert to estrogen in the first place. a majority of steroids don't convert to estrogen at all, so why not run one of those instead if you want estrogen levels kept low, rather then resort to a secondary drug like arimidex thats not exactly healthy .
    just my 2 cents here

  4. #4
    timothy5983 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    as stated above.. you do NOT do a PCT if your on TRT.

    essentially your just upping your TRT dose from 200mg to 500mg and then you go back down to 200mg when your done (I wouldn't really consider this a first 'cycle' per se, and I would keep your expectations low). 500mg of test for someone thats already been using exogenous test at 200mg for 2 years straight is not going to provide a whole lot of effect. but if your diet and training are spot on then the gains will come.

    personally, I generally recommend guys that have been on TRT for awhile that decide to do a cycle to go with running actual anabolics for their first cycle rather then simply upping their androgen dosage. you'll get more of a new stimulus response by introducing an anabolic that your body is not accustomed to rather then simply adding more of the same old androgen (note: Test is not an anabolic steroid , its an androgen).

    also with the Arimdex.. your running that from the start before you know wither you need to run it or not ? are you estrogen sensitive and requiring an AI on your TRT ? one of the main benefits or running high dosages of Test is to get the increase in estrogen along with the increase in androgens (these two are synergetic together), by keeping estrogen low during a cycle your somewhat defeating that purpose. if your goal is to keep estrogen low, then I would not bother even running something like Test thats whole purpose is to convert to estrogen in the first place. a majority of steroids don't convert to estrogen at all, so why not run one of those instead if you want estrogen levels kept low, rather then resort to a secondary drug like arimidex thats not exactly healthy .
    just my 2 cents here
    I have not had any issues with estrogen from the TRT. I just thought the sudden increase may cause issues. I would be happy to hold off on the arimidex and just see how it goes.

    As far as adding an anabolic, do you have any suggestions? I have dbol and deca on hand as well, I was just going to wait on those until the next cylce.

  5. #5
    timothy5983 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Windex View Post
    Do not do PCT - you just go down to your TRT dose at end of cycle.

    Injecting every 10 days is putting your body through a hormonal roller coaster. You should be injecting twice per week at a minimum.

    I would also strongly consider the following to optimize your HRT:

    - Vitamin D3 with Magnesium and K2
    - DHEA
    - HCG
    I was following the prescription from the urologist regarding the dosing every ten days. I don't mind injecting more often, I just didn't have the knowledge to make changes. I really appreciate the input.

    I take the multivitamin from bodybuilding.com twice a day. I also just started Vitamin D3, UBHQ and NAC based on Austinite's essential supplements post. I will grab some DHEA and HCG . Thanks again.
    Family_guy likes this.

  6. #6
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    4,967
    Quote Originally Posted by timothy5983 View Post
    I have not had any issues with estrogen from the TRT. I just thought the sudden increase may cause issues. I would be happy to hold off on the arimidex and just see how it goes.

    As far as adding an anabolic, do you have any suggestions? I have dbol and deca on hand as well, I was just going to wait on those until the next cylce.
    the thing about being on TRT is you have the luxury of not having to do "traditional" cycles.. you can simply decide to run and experiment with whatever compounds you like whenever you want (other then timing things around dr requested blood work).
    want to try Dbol , simply add it in with your TRT at 40mg per day and see how you respond. don't need to plan an entire cycle around it. Want to increase your test dosage, just increase it.
    adding 400mg of Deca to your current TRT protocol is going to be a lot more anabolic then bumping your TRT up from 200 to 500mg. the gains will be slow, but will be keepable and solid. just be sure to come off Deca well before you have to go in for blood work as it can really skew the numbers.

    lots of other choices. just saying you have options.. yes you can just bump your test up from 200 to 500 and see how that goes. but I know several guys who have went from TRT to doing this and thought they were going to 'blow up' being on cycle , but was not the case. just adding in an anabolic to your TRT protocol is fairly safe and effective.. picking EQ, Primo, Deca, Var, Anadrol , etc added to TRT will get you results better then simply raising your TRT dose of test (but some guys are hyper responders to test and 500mg can do a lot)
    Family_guy likes this.

  7. #7
    Test Monsterone's Avatar
    Test Monsterone is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    487
    I wasn't even on TRT and when I was doing 500+ mg/week of test; I saw almost no results. Another thing, definitely inject 2x per week, not once every 10 days. With short ester steroids you need to inject every other day, or even every day. There is a lot to learn, Gearheaded is one of the most knowledgeable members on here. PCT is for restarting your own endogenous hormone production - you're on TRT and have shut down your HPTA for a while (probably for good), so you don't need to do PCT.

  8. #8
    timothy5983 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    the thing about being on TRT is you have the luxury of not having to do "traditional" cycles.. you can simply decide to run and experiment with whatever compounds you like whenever you want (other then timing things around dr requested blood work).
    want to try Dbol , simply add it in with your TRT at 40mg per day and see how you respond. don't need to plan an entire cycle around it. Want to increase your test dosage, just increase it.
    adding 400mg of Deca to your current TRT protocol is going to be a lot more anabolic then bumping your TRT up from 200 to 500mg. the gains will be slow, but will be keepable and solid. just be sure to come off Deca well before you have to go in for blood work as it can really skew the numbers.

    lots of other choices. just saying you have options.. yes you can just bump your test up from 200 to 500 and see how that goes. but I know several guys who have went from TRT to doing this and thought they were going to 'blow up' being on cycle , but was not the case. just adding in an anabolic to your TRT protocol is fairly safe and effective.. picking EQ, Primo, Deca, Var, Anadrol, etc added to TRT will get you results better then simply raising your TRT dose of test (but some guys are hyper responders to test and 500mg can do a lot)
    Thanks for the advice GH. I really appreciate it.

  9. #9
    Windex is offline MONITOR
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arctic Circle
    Posts
    3,128
    I dislike high test standalone cycles - feels like a waste of money and time. On paper something like Masteron or Primo is "weaker than Test (from the anabolic /androgenic rating) yet real world use says otherwise.

    TRT + Deca is way juicier than 5-600mg of Test
    It is not heroes that make history, but history that makes heroes.

    No source checks.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •