Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 1 Post By Brianwhite745
  • 1 Post By Super User 4
  • 2 Post By Quester
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >

Thread: Why does bp increase on a blast.

teejey is offline Junior Member

Why does bp increase on a blast.

Can anyone explain the exact reason why blasting compounds raises blood pressure? Is it inflammation or something? I'm trying to wrap my construction worker brain around why it happens. I know genetics plays a part I'm sure that's why I have an issue with it. I feel like it's an auto immune reaction how fast it happens to me. It's within days of starting my bp spikes. I'm not fat I eat clean I'm pretty high strung naturally I know that doesn't help. I just want to understand the bilogical reason hormones raise BP.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    It’s something to do with mineral and water retention at a basic level. There is more complexity to it than that, but yeah. Estrogen increases as testosterone increases, and that is known to hold more water. The more water getting pushed through a hose, the higher the pressure.

Btw I have genetically high blood pressure and I control it with lisonopril and Atenolol. It’s around 115/65 resting. During the first week of a blast, it goes up to about 130 systolic, but then it settles around 110-120 again. During my first cycle, where I was taking testosterone only, my BP would be around 150/70 resting.
    Last edited by Test Monsterone; 01-23-2020 at 02:47 PM.
    teejey and Dgs59 like this.

Brianwhite745 is offline New Member
    Part of it is the increase in estrogen. Estrogen causes water retention, which in turn raises blood pressure
    teejey likes this.

teejey is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    It’s something to do with mineral and water retention at a basic level. There is more complexity to it than that, but yeah. Estrogen increases as testosterone increases, and that is known to hold more water. The more water getting pushed through a hose, the higher the pressure.

Btw I have genetically high blood pressure and I control it with lisonopril and Atenolol. It’s around 115/65 resting. During the first week of a blast, it goes up to about 130 systolic, but then it settles around 110-120 again. During my first cycle, where I was taking testosterone only, my BP would be around 150/70 resting.
    Im taking metoprolol for it now. Still a low dose but I do have to increase it on a blast. It is noticeable fast if I miss a dose. Systolic will hit 150 quick. Ive been trying to less ai to see if I grow faster but the water retention seems like I just get higher bp faster.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Super User 4 is offline Associate Member
    It happens because of the sodium-retention properties they have.
    teejey likes this.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Also, the androgens make you a little more on edge so you have greater sympathetic nervous system activation which among many other things, constricts blood vessels a little and increases the heart's contractile force and rate.
    -
    Additionally, testosterone and synthetic testosterone increase hematocrit, the blood's O2 carrying capacity, which thickens the blood, which requires greater contractile force to move resulting in higher BP. Among other things, higher BP compromises the blood vessels walls, at the tissue level, that's why it is to be avoided.
    Test Monsterone and teejey like this.

Super User 4 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    Also, the androgens make you a little more on edge so you have greater sympathetic nervous system activation which among many other things, constricts blood vessels a little and increases the heart's contractile force and rate.
    -
    Additionally, testosterone and synthetic testosterone increase hematocrit, the blood's O2 carrying capacity, which thickens the blood, which requires greater contractile force to move resulting in higher BP. Among other things, higher BP compromises the blood vessels walls, at the tissue level, that's why it is to be avoided.
    Great explanation

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    My answer: you’re juiced & running under boost

Real scientific answer: no clue
    teejey likes this.

Thread Information