Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Test Monsterone

Thread: Side stitch

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member

Side stitch

I’ve been getting the side stitch on my right side every workout the last few weeks. Is this possibly because of thick blood, cholesterol, just poor conditioning overall? I do zero cardio and I sit a lot at my job. I feel like dying every workout. It’s been like that though, except during the first month of a cycle.

I’n basically down to TRT now with like 150 mg dhb.

Super User 4 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    I’ve been getting the side stitch on my right side every workout the last few weeks. Is this possibly because of thick blood, cholesterol, just poor conditioning overall? I do zero cardio and I sit a lot at my job. I feel like dying every workout. It’s been like that though, except during the first month of a cycle.

I’n basically down to TRT now with like 150 mg dhb.
    It could be that you need some stretching or something and that's why you're feeling it when you workout

Quote Originally Posted by Super User 4 View Post
    It could be that you need some stretching or something and that's why you're feeling it when you workout
    Feels like a breathing issue, but I’m trying to figure out why. Maybe these steroids are finally killing me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Feels like a breathing issue, but I’m trying to figure out why. Maybe these steroids are finally killing me lol.
    I don't think it has to be a breathing issue but yes something in regards to your rib cage. Unless you're out of breathe or something more

could easily be a pulled muscle

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    could easily be a pulled muscle
    Sounds more to me as the tissue that it's between the ribs that might be inflamed which causes a stitch sensation and can be easily mistaken with lung problems

It happened again today, but not as bad cause I had to leave the workout early. You guys never had those side pains when running too much as a kid? I used to get them all the time, my cardio was always crap. I read more about it and it's due to not enough oxygenated blood getting to the diaphragm. Don't know why it happens only on the right side, to everyone, though. I think the problem in the gym is that I'm always rushing. Especially when people are around, I don't like to just sit there and daydream. I know I'm going fast because I'll do 3 sets of 10-15 within one 3-4 minute song sometimes. I guess I just gotta slow it down. If I work out at home, I never get that, because I'm more relaxed with my pace.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yeah, when I was a kid I did get it like 5-6 days a week, almost every time we played football in the yard. It was like a mild charlie horse on my side below the floating rib.
    This is interesting because it is more cardio/endurance related. If your workout isn't crossfit-like, it may be an indication of some internal trouble. If you're not doing cardio now, start. Does it happen then too?
    Here's what I found:
    What Is a Side Stitch? - Abdominal Pain - HealthCommunities.com

If you fix it great! However, if it is ongoing or a sign of something else, please update this thread. TY

Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    Yeah, when I was a kid I did get it like 5-6 days a week, almost every time we played football in the yard. It was like a mild charlie horse on my side below the floating rib.
    This is interesting because it is more cardio/endurance related. If your workout isn't crossfit-like, it may be an indication of some internal trouble. If you're not doing cardio now, start. Does it happen then too?
    Here's what I found:
    What Is a Side Stitch? - Abdominal Pain - HealthCommunities.com

If you fix it great! However, if it is ongoing or a sign of something else, please update this thread. TY

I haven't done cardio in a while, but when I do it, it's interval-based, so I never push myself crazy hard. I haven't felt that side stitch in years. At one point I thought it may be the DHB I'm taking, since supposedly it is hepatotoxic. I'm going to try and slow things down and see where that takes me. My gym has many smaller rooms with mirrors on all sides, so when you're working out, you literally have to look at the ground or else you're staring at someone. That's why I do my workouts quickly lol.

I'll post back in here if I discover anything else.
    Quester likes this.

Thread Information