Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SampsonandDelilah

Thread: Newb pinning question

Cookie Monster is offline New Member

Newb pinning question

Just to preface, I’m completely new. This was my first injection. I watched a few vids about proper sanitation and injection sights. I chose upper/outer quadrant of my left glute.

Here’s where I think I’m having a problem. My dumb ass ordered 1.5” long needles without realizing it. They are super sharp and if I use the little drop of oil trick I don’t even feel it going in. My issue is this: I got the needle 99% of the way in, and I felt like a huge jolt of electricity ran through my ass muscle. I’m guessing I hit a nerve?

I went into the muscle belly kind of sideways to my body, I was worried if I went straight in I would hit my hip bone and assumed that wouldn’t be pleasant.

What can I do to prevent this? I’d like to keep using these needles since I bought 100 of them, but if I’m going to zap myself every time I’ll spend the money and get something an inch shorter.

Do I have to push the needle in all the way? I’m only pushing .4ml per shot, would I be better off using a different injection site?

One last question. If this was a nerve and this is a frequent thing, do I need to worry about nerve damage?

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Could be a nerve, could be tissue or vasculature... nothing to worry about. That stuff just happens, don’t overthink it. Make sure you’re hitting a proper angle. Between 1.5s and 1”, it depends on your BF% in my opinion. I use 1’s just about everywhere. I don’t have a lot of fat hindering access to the muscle I’m targeting. So no, you don’t have to go in all the way, but don’t be worried that the “zap” you feel will happen every time either. Rotating your glutes will be just fine, maybe graduate to your shoulders and again depending on your delt size will determine the depth. Don’t worry about nerve damage bud, you’ll be ok. They’ll get easier. Google the “z track method”.
    Don’t get analysis paralysis either...try not to overthink it.
    Glutes are my favorite spot and the one I would recommend for anyone starting out, followed by shoulders.
    Stay sterile, switch needles after you draw and take a deep breath and stay the course. Good luck, holler if you need anything and I know others will chime in too
    Last edited by SampsonandDelilah; 02-28-2020 at 08:21 PM.
    Cylon357 likes this.

C27H40O3 is offline Admin Sent Me Away.
    i had that issue on the outside of my thigh. It worked no problem for four months, all good. one day i hit a nerve, and i havent tried it there again. Just too shaky.

the upper arm by the shoulder works for me now.

MecGen is offline New Member
    As others have said, don't sweat it, happens a fair bit to often to my liking... but its part of the game of gear.

Some shots go supper smooth, others don't.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Dgs59 is offline Member
    In addition you can keep using 1.5" unfortunate for you, it happened on your injection. But remember "DO NOT" build a fear in your mind that it will happen all the time because it doesn't

Awesome thanks guys! It’s good to hear this shouldn’t be frequent lol

Super User 4 is offline Associate Member
    You should be fine bro, try again. It happens to everyone

Since this I’ve done my left quad, split a dose into both delts, and today I jabbed my other ass cheek. Was a little rough going into my left delt but maybe it wasn’t relaxed all the way or I hit scar tissue. No more nerve pain though or whatever that was. Not counting the first injection, glutes seem to be best for me. Easy in and almost no injection pain or pip.

C27H40O3 is offline Admin Sent Me Away.
    I had no issues in my calf for months, then i did twice. I have been using my delts since. no issues ever. just push the needle one inch in, thats it. or go online and order some 1 inch needles. i use 5/8 inch or 1 inch in the delts

Thread Information