PHunter is offline New Member

Is collagen synthesis from AAS proven to do anything.

53 years old, 8 cycles in 30+ years and starting get middle aged joint pains not just from the lifting.
    I have Osteoarthritis in my knees from a previous injury which has damaged my cartilage and this is stopping me from doing squats due to knee pain and damage.
    For my next cycle I was looking to limit my Test to about 200mh PW as apparently more than this reduces collagen synthesis. I was also looking at adding Equipoise as it is supposed to improve collagen synthesis quite a bit. I will also likely add Deca again as this was always good on my joints a few years ago.
    My reasoning for increasing collagen synthesis is to hopefully improve my knee cartilage, but does anyone know if a large increase in collagen synthesis actually does anything?
    I know when I was taking quite a lot of type 3 collagen powder, my joints did improve, but have any studies shown increased collagen synthesis to really do anything beyond theoretical with knee cartilage? Will I need to keep taking type 3 collagen to take advantage of collagen synthesis?

yarakefendi is offline Associate Member
    I have researched trying to offset cartilage damage for a while and have concluded that the only two things that may have a positive affect on it is HGH and stem cell therapy. I have been taking a collagen supplement given to me by a GP and have not really noticed much change in my joint health. What is your IGF-1 levels like?

PHunter is offline New Member
    I was afraid that might be the case. I cant remember what my IGF-1 levels were if I had them tested previously.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My understanding is that cartilage does not receive enough blood flow to benefit from AAS/HGH, or anything else. Theoretically, we could take TB 500 (if we could ever find legit substances that look like water but are not water) to increase blood flow but I imagine that something changes when growth plates are sealed. Perhaps the genetic blueprint would never flow the TB 500 to the cartilage because their is a control system that sends it where it is supposed to go?

Thread Information