Results 1 to 21 of 21
Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By Bunyon
  • 3 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 1 Post By DustMan
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 3 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 2 Post By ghettoboyd
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong

Thread: Advice on first cycle

  1. #1
    Bunyon is online now New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    3

    Advice on first cycle

    About to start my first cycle, want to make sure everything checks out before I pull the trigger on my supplies order. Looking to put some serious muscle on while still training BJJ 4x/wk.

    29yo, 5'9, 175lb, 12% BF

    Getting bloodwork done pre/during/post

    Looking at a 15wk cycle of

    Wk 1-15 500mg Test C dosed 250mg E3.5D
    Wk 3-18 1000ui HCG dosed 500ui E3.5D
    Wk 18-24 Nolva 10mg ED

    Will have Aromasin on hand for any signs of high E2, will dose 12.5mg E3.5D.

    How does this look for a first time cycle?
    DustMan likes this.

  2. #2
    Old Duffer's Avatar
    Old Duffer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    da states
    Posts
    1,324
    You may not need the nolva, but I would run it with the test. Not after

  3. #3
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    8,543
    I wouldn't touch the nolva until 2 weeks after your last test injection.

  4. #4
    Abt
    Abt is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    5
    Wouldnt go 15 weeks in first cycle, id be doing 8-10 weeks.


    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

  5. #5
    DustMan is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    157
    Cookie cutter first cycle, depending on who you ask its almost perfect, only thing most old school guys would say is to add clomid to the PCT for the best results and start the PCT 2 weeks later like Honkey Kong says.

    New school guys will tell you to do 300mg instead of 500mg for your first cycle in case you get any really negative sides. 300mg per week is plenty, you'll see mega results, you can always increase the dose to 500 next cycle.

  6. #6
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    8,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Abt View Post
    Wouldnt go 15 weeks in first cycle, id be doing 8-10 weeks.


    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    He's running test c. He's not even going to start seeing its effects for 5 weeks.
    Cuz likes this.

  7. #7
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    8,543
    Quote Originally Posted by DustMan View Post
    Cookie cutter first cycle, depending on who you ask its almost perfect, only thing most old school guys would say is to add clomid to the PCT for the best results and start the PCT 2 weeks later like Honkey Kong says.

    New school guys will tell you to do 300mg instead of 500mg for your first cycle in case you get any really negative sides. 300mg per week is plenty, you'll see mega results, you can always increase the dose to 500 next cycle.
    400-500mg for a rookie is fine. You don't want to take too little and then not get the desired effects.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    400-500mg for a rookie is fine. You don't want to take too little and then not get the desired effects.
    I am a believer in medications being bodyweight dependent. (see * below)
    The larger one is the more one needs all else being equal.

    Being that he is only 175lbs I think 400mg of test is a good starting point.
    (I am not saying 500mg will kill him.)


    * certain drugs work by blood concentration level.
    Take alcohol for example.
    A 300lb guy can outdrink a 150lb guy if all other factors are equal.
    The volume of blood in a person's body is directly correlated with body weight.
    Alcohol's effect is dependent on blood concentration levels. (Of course there is also tolerance and other factors...)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,766
    Forgot to mention...

    I am not a fan of going much below 400mg unless the person is really small.

    If you are going to shut yourself down and risk your HPTA and lose some gains while your body recovers...
    You may as well do enough.

    If someone is on TRT then I can see doing 300mg as a feeler.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

  10. #10
    DustMan is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    157
    Mhm, I hear that argument a lot, it makes perfect sense.

    I look at a lot of guys in the TRT communities and the progress they make on 200mg a week or less and I'm really impressed by the progress they make in such little time. When you realize that the absolute genetic elite of the world are only making 70mg a week, and their levels fluctuate throughout the day and suffer if they Smoke/drink/don't get enough sleep/diet/get stressed out/etc etc etc... then you realize how beneficial having 3x+ that in your system is, especially because your levels are squared out. Normal men produce the most right after they wake up and then it fluctuates between 60-100% of that value for the rest of the day, guys on TRT / a cycle are just maxed out all the time no matter what.

    Putting all the information together it seems to me, and I could be wrong, that 300mg a week is going to give you insane results assuming your diet and training are on point, where 500mg a week will give you insane results even if you train and eat like shit.

    The last factor is your PCT. If you PCT smart (start at the correct time, use the correct drugs/dosages) and your genetics aren't shit you're gonna keep most of your gains from a 300mg cycle. If your genetics are garbage or you are abusing your body with alcohol/no sleep or w/e you might lose all your gains before you recover.

  11. #11
    Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Asia but not Asian.
    Posts
    1,612
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    He's running test c. He's not even going to start seeing its effects for 5 weeks.
    First cycle is for establishing starting blood levels, following proper eating and pinning plan, verifing test cycles at midway point along with E2, following the recovery portion and compare to baseline.

    If your thoughts are to gains on first cycle your mindset is wrong. Gains will happen first cycle no matter what. Understanding your bloodwork and verification of recovery is everything.

    Unsure why this is no longer preached here. Austin made everyone recite the 500/week 8 week first cycle when i started.
    Last edited by Chicagotarsier; 10-20-2020 at 12:31 PM.

  12. #12
    Abt
    Abt is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    He's running test c. He's not even going to start seeing its effects for 5 weeks.
    Yes he will lol, he will feel like pure shit those last weeks. They are not effective. Keep the cycles short.

    If he goes for 10 weeks he will feel the effects for 12 weeks.


    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

  13. #13
    DustMan is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by Abt View Post
    Yes he will lol, he will feel like pure shit those last weeks. They are not effective. Keep the cycles short.

    If he goes for 10 weeks he will feel the effects for 12 weeks.


    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    Why would you feel like shit the last few weeks of a cycle if you haven't changed anything about the protocol?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    dont ask for a source thx
    Posts
    8,959
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by DustMan View Post
    Mhm, I hear that argument a lot, it makes perfect sense.

    I look at a lot of guys in the TRT communities and the progress they make on 200mg a week or less and I'm really impressed by the progress they make in such little time. When you realize that the absolute genetic elite of the world are only making 70mg a week, and their levels fluctuate throughout the day and suffer if they Smoke/drink/don't get enough sleep/diet/get stressed out/etc etc etc... then you realize how beneficial having 3x+ that in your system is, especially because your levels are squared out. Normal men produce the most right after they wake up and then it fluctuates between 60-100% of that value for the rest of the day, guys on TRT / a cycle are just maxed out all the time no matter what.

    Putting all the information together it seems to me, and I could be wrong, that 300mg a week is going to give you insane results assuming your diet and training are on point, where 500mg a week will give you insane results even if you train and eat like shit.

    The last factor is your PCT. If you PCT smart (start at the correct time, use the correct drugs/dosages) and your genetics aren't shit you're gonna keep most of your gains from a 300mg cycle. If your genetics are garbage or you are abusing your body with alcohol/no sleep or w/e you might lose all your gains before you recover.
    you will not see insane results either way imho in fact you will probably think your test is bunk if you dont blow up right away...my point is you are setting yourself up for unrealistic expectations so id do at least 500 because imho its really not that much more of a hormone your body already makes...sure it seems like it numbers wise but in my experience not so much...good luck either way...
    Cuz and Honkey_Kong like this.

  15. #15
    Cuz's Avatar
    Cuz
    Cuz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bulkville
    Posts
    5,859
    I dont know how you guys tell the difference between 300, 400, or 500mg test. Id suggest 500 mg thats a good first run and possibly even second run. You’re not going to get insane results, but its a starting point. I picked up about 20lbs of weight my first cycle which was sustanon and dbol . Remember to eat and train the best you possibly can. Good luck

  16. #16
    Abt
    Abt is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by DustMan View Post
    Why would you feel like shit the last few weeks of a cycle if you haven't changed anything about the protocol?
    his e2 will go up, he will put on alot of water weight, his body also needs to adapt slowly to his new mass, his body will tire out and he will just feel like shit. Better off keeping it like 8-10 weeks.

    He probably will do other cycles after, he could extend it in those cycles if he wants

  17. #17
    Bunyon is online now New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    3
    I appreciate all the replies guys. I've decided to trim the cycle down to 12 weeks, but I ordered enough supplies to prolong it to 15 weeks if everything is going well.

  18. #18
    DustMan is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by Abt View Post
    his e2 will go up, he will put on alot of water weight, his body also needs to adapt slowly to his new mass, his body will tire out and he will just feel like shit. Better off keeping it like 8-10 weeks.

    He probably will do other cycles after, he could extend it in those cycles if he wants
    The 8-10 weeks might be fine advice, but your reasoning is all horse shit.

    Once his blood levels normalize (4-6 weeks) his e2 isn't going up anymore, that's just wrong. No extra e2 means no additional water weight. Adapting to new mass is also made up baloney. Tiring out from more mass is possible sure, because he has more mass to send blood to, except he's on fucking juice he's not going to get tired he's gonna feel like superman so that's also ridiculous, and even if it wasn't being a little extra tired doesn't mean you should cut your cycle 4 weeks early.

    Leave the broscience at the door and go do some reading.

  19. #19
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    8,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post
    First cycle is for establishing starting blood levels, following proper eating and pinning plan, verifing test cycles at midway point along with E2, following the recovery portion and compare to baseline.

    If your thoughts are to gains on first cycle your mindset is wrong. Gains will happen first cycle no matter what. Understanding your bloodwork and verification of recovery is everything.

    Unsure why this is no longer preached here. Austin made everyone recite the 500/week 8 week first cycle when i started.
    Your first cycle isn't a dress-rehearsal. You should already have figured your diet, pinning days, when to get bloodwork done and your PCT. As far as 8 weeks on a long estered test goes, it's going to take 4-5 weeks before you even start noticing it to work (about the time it takes for your levels to stabilize).


    Quote Originally Posted by Abt View Post
    Yes he will lol, he will feel like pure shit those last weeks. They are not effective. Keep the cycles short.

    If he goes for 10 weeks he will feel the effects for 12 weeks.


    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    His E2 level is going to be stable once his test levels stabilize. He's going to feel fine those last weeks. If he were running a short ester like test p, it'd kick in sooner and he'd get his diminishing results sooner and then his cycle should be shorter. But he's running a long ester that doesn't kick in until later and he's not going to start getting diminishing returns until later. So a 12-14 week is fine.

  20. #20
    Meow_Wolf's Avatar
    Meow_Wolf is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    400-500mg for a rookie is fine. You don't want to take too little and then not get the desired effects.
    600mg week too much for first time?

  21. #21
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    8,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Meow_Wolf View Post
    600mg week too much for first time?
    That's maybe a little overkill. DD's 400-500mg a week for a first time is good. You don't want to take more than you need to. You will build up tolerance to these androgens over time. Not to mention the higher the dosage the more intense the sides will get.
    Cuz likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •