Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By SampsonandDelilah
  • 1 Post By wango
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 1 Post By redz
  • 1 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 1 Post By SampsonandDelilah

Thread: Steroids and callisthenics only?

Mortiis is offline New Member

Steroids and callisthenics only?

So I want to hop on gear but the gyms in my country are closed due to covid. The thing is my country's government are very inconsistent when it comes to opening the gyms. Like for example they once opened our gyms again for like a few weeks and then closed them again. And then for 2 months and closed them again. So i thought I'd try to do my first cycle with just callisthenics. Going for high volume type training like Hannibal For King and Barbrothers (I have been training in callisthenics for almost 2 years now and o have gotten pretty strong at it). What do you guys think about that idea?

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortiis View Post
    So I want to hop on gear but the gyms in my country are closed due to covid. The thing is my country's government are very inconsistent when it comes to opening the gyms. Like for example they once opened our gyms again for like a few weeks and then closed them again. And then for 2 months and closed them again. So i thought I'd try to do my first cycle with just callisthenics. Going for high volume type training like Hannibal For King and Barbrothers (I have been training in callisthenics for almost 2 years now and o have gotten pretty strong at it). What do you guys think about that idea?
    Would think you’d need some sort of progressive overload to maximize your growth.
    almostgone likes this.

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Pressups, chinups, sittups, and similar body-weight exercises, are good for getting you to a size and shape where people take a look at you and can tell that you work out.

Pressups alone though will never get you as big as a guy who can bench 250 lbs.

At the moment the gyms are closed in my country too so I'm doing chinups and pressups with a weighted vest. Really I'm just trying to keep my muscles alive for when I start lifting heavy again, I know I won't get any bigger with weight that low.

Steroids are magical though... some people will tell you that you need to eat and train properly... but realistically if you take steroids and sit on the couch all day you'll still gain muscle.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortiis View Post
    I hate to say it, but I think I would need more info about your training history. However, just seeing what TRT did for me, I can’t see how they are going to not help at least a bit. I’d be hesitant however in trying to do a big, complex cycle. Speaking from experience, even though I didn’t stick with them, I was able to get creative with resistance bands, got a little bit of intensity going & hit the muscles pretty aggressively.
    Test Monsterone likes this.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    It's not worth raping your HPTA just to get some minor gains. Everything has a benefit to risk ratio.

I suggest you build a home gym. If the space and cost are an issue, I'd suggest getting some friends together and go in on a storage locker and equipment. Before I found this gym operating outdoors in my area, I was looking in to building my own.
    Test Monsterone likes this.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I’m in this boat right now bs lockdown again and again. I’m working out at home but it’s just small stuff backed off down to just low test e cruise for now.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    A set of resistance bands with handles get me pretty pumped and sore. It all goes back to the prison examples of guys who can get pretty big on body weight exercises alone.

There are sculptures and paintings of men from 800 years ago that look jacked. I’m sure they didn’t have gyms back then. It’s genetics, too, though. Only one way to know if you’ll grow.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Lots of valid points and there’s plenty things just lying around the house or the woods that you could pull or press. Not ideal but doable for sure.

My only argument is that at some point you need to increase resistance to stimulate your muscles with some sort of overload in order to grow (bands, tree trunks, weighted vests) there are options
    Last edited by SampsonandDelilah; 01-17-2021 at 10:33 AM.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Muscles will grow on test with no workout if you have nutrition. Workout is to shape and sculpt the muscle (think arnold curls). Personally the biggest issue with no workout on test is increased pain from the muscle sheeth shrinking. Personally trt or cruise is the best choice if you are an HRT patient. I personally would never cycle and skip all workouts. Waste of substance and taking a hit to your system for no real reason.

R.J. is offline New Member
    I think since you will only be able to cycle so many times in your life, using one up on a calisthenics only cycle will be a regret down the line (probably)

probably best to just be patient and cycle when it opens up again. or invest in some dumbells or something to help your workouts a bit

Thread Information