Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 2 Post By almostgone

Thread: Deca & Herniated Disc

onefm is offline Associate Member

Deca & Herniated Disc

Has anyone seen Deca help with a herniated disc? I got caught with the injury just as I started a Test Cyp / Deca cycle (week 2). I'm in the middle of deciding if I can continue the cycle, or stop all of it all together. Should I continue another week or two to see if the Deca helps?

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Have you had any imaging done to determine it is a herniated disc? Do you blast and cruise, cycle, or are on TRT?
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Have you had any imaging done to determine it is a herniated disc? Do you blast and cruise, cycle, or are on TRT?
    Yea, MRIs just got done the other day, and its clearly a herniated disc. I wasn't running a full blasted cycle. Pretty much a TRT+ cycle, if you will. I'm always on 150mg test and I wanted to up it to 300mg test & 200mg Deca for a mild 12 week bulk cycle. Of course I'm not doing away completely with the test, but don't want to waste my gear if it's all going to be hampered by my injury. I'm willing to wait it out a week or so if it's possible that Deca may help hydrate or reabsorb my disc.

Are they planning a discectomy or any surgery? If they are I would stick to straight TRT until things get nailed down/ repaired.

The juice will still be there later on and since the disc is damaged, there's no sense pumping in the juice until you're fixed or healed. Just maintain healthy T levels.

That's just my 2cc. I've got C- spine surgery coming up Tuesday and that's my plan. Holding back on everything except scripted TRT and GH until after surgery and physical therapy are complete and then I will possibly look at the TRT+ process.
    Honkey_Kong and 956Vette like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by onefm View Post
    Yea, MRIs just got done the other day, and its clearly a herniated disc. I wasn't running a full blasted cycle. Pretty much a TRT+ cycle, if you will. I'm always on 150mg test and I wanted to up it to 300mg test & 200mg Deca for a mild 12 week bulk cycle. Of course I'm not doing away completely with the test, but don't want to waste my gear if it's all going to be hampered by my injury. I'm willing to wait it out a week or so if it's possible that Deca may help hydrate or reabsorb my disc.
    I would go back to TRT doses until after the disc gets better. There is no sense in wasting gear, going all out, when you can't even train all out. You might want to add deca to your HRT regimen at a therapeutic dose while you're recovering. Have they given you any shots to help reduce the inflammation?
    almostgone likes this.

I'm planning on scheduling the steroid shot next week. 2 doctors have seen my report, and they are not recommending surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by onefm View Post
    I'm planning on scheduling the steroid shot next week. 2 doctors have seen my report, and they are not recommending surgery.
    Well, that's a positive thing if they think a corticosteroid can help. It won't repair a ruptured disc, but it can ease the inflammation and get some pressure off of your spinal cord and hopefully heal. Are they recommending any therapeutic stretches or exercises to do as you heal?

I still wouldn't run a cycle until healed. I'd run my normal TRT and maybe low dose Deca ...200mg or less.

If you're on a prescribed TRT, make sure your Dr. doesn't use the ECLIA type of testosterone panel. Deca will skew your values higher than they really are using that type of test.
    Last edited by almostgone; 06-21-2021 at 08:15 AM.
    Honkey_Kong and 956Vette like this.

Thread Information