JelaniOnTest is offline New Member

Tren/Test Cycle Help

6'0 192lbs ~20% bodyfat

Cycle:
    Test E - 500/wk
    Tren A - 125mg EOD
    On week 7 of 16 week cycle
    Will be cruising on 250/wk Test E afterwards

I've been currently just gaining strength on my cycle. I eat above my TDEE daily.

I wanted to know if around week 12 of my cycle if I could drop my calories way below TDEE and cut successfully or if that's just a dumb idea.
    Ideally I'd like to make it to ~13% body fat. (not necessarily in 4 weeks) I eat clean as it is, and am very disciplined. I mainly hopped on this cycle to gain strength back as I had just recovered from being very ill and had lost a lot of weight/strength.

I would like to cut for the last 4 weeks before my cruise where I'll just maintain until my next cycle. Do I need to add anything to my cycle? Winstrol ? EQ? Var? Mast?
    Just looking for advice here. Should I start cutting here on week 10 maybe instead of waiting until week 12?

My main goal for this cycle was to increase strength and I've done that drastically. With so much time left in my cycle I was hoping I could cut some of this fat down as well.

Just looking for advice from people who have already done things like this or seen it.

Thank you.

EDIT: I take aromasin EOD btw
    Also if I do go ahead and try to cut should I up my Tren? Lower my Test?
    Last edited by JelaniOnTest; 07-24-2021 at 07:58 AM.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JelaniOnTest View Post
    6'0 192lbs ~20% bodyfat

Cycle:
    Test E - 500/wk
    Tren A - 125mg EOD
    On week 7 of 16 week cycle
    Will be cruising on 300/wk Test E afterwards

I've been currently just gaining strength on my cycle. I eat above my TDEE daily.

I wanted to know if around week 12 of my cycle if I could drop my calories way below TDEE and cut successfully or if that's just a dumb idea.
    Ideally I'd like to make it to ~13% body fat. (not necessarily in 4 weeks) I eat clean as it is, and am very disciplined. I mainly hopped on this cycle to gain strength back as I had just recovered from being very ill and had lost a lot of weight/strength.

I would like to cut for the last 4 weeks before my cruise where I'll just maintain until my next cycle. Do I need to add anything to my cycle? Winstrol ? EQ? Var?
    Just looking for advice here. Should I start cutting here on week 10 maybe instead of waiting until week 12?

My main goal for this cycle was to increase strength and I've done that drastically. With so much time left in my cycle I was hoping I could cut some of this fat down as well.

Just looking for advice from people who have already done things like this or seen it.

Thank you.

EDIT: I take aromasin EOD btw
    Also if I do go ahead and try to cut should I up my Tren? Lower my Test?
    You haven’t really given enough information. Have you gained weight? What is your fat levels? Was the weight gained fat?
    I will provide a generic answer. I am not a fan of bulking and then immediately cutting. I have done it for a competition and it did it’s job for my purpose. I try not to do it. You want your body to reach equilibrium before you go and do something different. Essentially you would be losing what you just gained. Back to where you started so why all the effort? Just don’t do anything.
    This is very generic and not having all the information it could be in error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spumps is offline New Member
    If you're 20% after 7 weeks what was your original bf% pre-cycle? If strength was your primary goal there are so much better compounds out there. 16 weeks of a high dose Tren cycle was not a wise choice for your goal imo.

If you are happy with the strength gains so far, I say start the cut now and finish your cycle at the 11-week mark. Also, it doesn't make sense to run test that high when you're on ~450mg of tren. So I'd consider dropping that to your cruise dose.
    DinAZ likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    You haven’t really given enough information. Have you gained weight? What is your fat levels? Was the weight gained fat?
    I will provide a generic answer. I am not a fan of bulking and then immediately cutting. I have done it for a competition and it did it’s job for my purpose. I try not to do it. You want your body to reach equilibrium before you go and do something different. Essentially you would be losing what you just gained. Back to where you started so why all the effort? Just don’t do anything.
    This is very generic and not having all the information it could be in error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I gave fat levels and also said I've gained plenty strength as well. I've gained only around 7 pounds but my strength has skyrocketed. The weight gain was not all fat not all muscle. Like I said I'm eating well above my TDEE.
    Here's my thinking, I am very satisfied with the strength gains I have accomplished so far. With so much left of the compounds I figure why not cut now and bring the abs out. Which is why I posted this thread, for answers/opinions/help. I wanted my frame to get a little bigger which it has, and now I'd like to bring the cuts out.

Is there any more information I can give you specifically that'll help?

Quote Originally Posted by Spumps View Post
    If you're 20% after 7 weeks what was your original bf% pre-cycle? If strength was your primary goal there are so much better compounds out there. 16 weeks of a high dose Tren cycle was not a wise choice for your goal imo.

If you are happy with the strength gains so far, I say start the cut now and finish your cycle at the 11-week mark. Also, it doesn't make sense to run test that high when you're on ~450mg of tren. So I'd consider dropping that to your cruise dose.
    Before cycle I was around 185 ~20%
    My primary goal was to gain old strength back, which I have done much quicker than I anticipated, and lean out a little, so small recomp. I didn't want to eat in a calorie deficit because I wanted to add size to my frame. Which I have also accomplished. Basically I reached my initial goals earlier than intended, and was simply asking for advice, sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I'd like to run the full 16 weeks though, I'd like to get the most out of it as possible. With that being said in your opinion is it best for me to keep gaining size/strength right now? & cut later, or just go ahead w/ the cut right now and still finish the 16w cycle. For cutting do you think I should add anything or just run w/ the Tren/Test only?

EDIT: I agree w/ the Low Test/High Tren. I will be making that adjustment
    Also one of my main questions is if I should add anything to the cycle to help me cut.
    Last edited by JelaniOnTest; 07-24-2021 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Two words: cycle planning.

To be more specific, when you put this cycle together, what were your goals? I totally don't have a problem with pivoting / deviating from plan if something changes. That said, as an example, when you sat down 8 weeks ago and said "I'm going to cycle for this long and include these drugs", you should have had a clearly defined goal. Start with the goal.

Without a well defined goal, you can't get the most out of your cycle. You may pick the wrong compounds, diet, training style etc etc.

The other thing: make sure every compound has a purpose and you know what it is. For example, why 500 test with Aromasin EOD? That seems like a lot of AI... maybe the better thing to do would be to reduce your aromatizing compounds to the point that you don't need an AI at all. If you are concerned about gyno, nolvadex could be a better choice.

Also, that BF% seems a little high to be cycling with about a gram of gear a week (at least when the initial goal isn't to cut). Maybe get that under control with TRT level test and peptides or hgh or just diet and exercise, then think about pushing a gram of gear a week.

Plan. Goals. Compounds. Those are key to success. Answer these BEFORE your cycle starts. You may have stated your initial goal somewhere, if so I missed it.
    My primary goal was to gain old strength back, which I have done much quicker than I anticipated, and lean out a little, so small recomp. I'm only at this crossroads because of how fast I gained back my old strength. I didn't think it would be this quick, which is why I'm "pivoting" I have decided I want to cut weight a little and am simply looking for advice on the best way to do it. Should I add another compound to help me cut easier? Should I start the cut at 10/12 weeks? Is that too late? Should I start it now? I only have questions because like I said I reached goal strength about 5 weeks before intended if that makes sense. I have a lot of the compounds left and since no matter what I'm doing 16 weeks, I figured I'd cut, and simply wanted advice on how/when I should cut. I take a very small does of AI EoD. I prefer to do it EoD as thats my preference. 10mg

EDIT: Spelling
    Last edited by JelaniOnTest; 07-24-2021 at 09:58 AM.

I was incredibly sick in and out the hospital forever. As someone who naturally sits around 180-185 ~13% body fat. I was in the hospital around 150ish

When I got out I wasn't cleared to workout for months, so of course no working out/no cardio and the fact I can finally eat food again, I reached around 180-185 ~20 body fat.

Of course when I started working out again, I was incredibly weak and higher bodyfat than I've ever been in my life. Worked out naturally for 8 weeks to get over that like beginner soreness and lack of endurance.
    Tren is great for adding lean muscle. The first thing I wanted back was my strength, without adding too much more fat, which is why I chose that compound, we can debate if it was the best compound or not later, either way this is what I'm currently on.

I gained my strength back incredibly quickly, without adding too much more fat. Since I've reached my goal strength much much much quicker than anticipated I figure I'd cut some of this weight off and try to achieve what I'm used to. Which is why I came here, I'm simply looking to know if I should add another compound to cut, or if you guys think this is good enough. I know Tren is great for keeping strength on cuts, but was honestly just curious and wanted opinions from people with more experience than me.

Sorry for any confusion, hopefully this gives better insight to where I'm coming from and my mindset.

EDIT: Spelling
    Last edited by JelaniOnTest; 07-24-2021 at 10:22 AM.

Spumps is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JelaniOnTest View Post
    Before cycle I was around 185 ~20%
    My primary goal was to gain old strength back, which I have done much quicker than I anticipated, and lean out a little, so small recomp. I didn't want to eat in a calorie deficit because I wanted to add size to my frame. Which I have also accomplished. Basically I reached my initial goals earlier than intended, and was simply asking for advice, sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I'd like to run the full 16 weeks though, I'd like to get the most out of it as possible. With that being said in your opinion is it best for me to keep gaining size/strength right now? & cut later, or just go ahead w/ the cut right now and still finish the 16w cycle. For cutting do you think I should add anything or just run w/ the Tren /Test only?

EDIT: I agree w/ the Low Test/High Tren. I will be making that adjustment
    Also one of my main questions is if I should add anything to the cycle to help me cut.
    If you have already decided to do 16 weeks i say start a recomp now and if you aren't happy at the end of 12-13th week (which i really doubt you would) shoot for a deficit. You should continue to put on strength on tren. Eat at maintenance. You won't need anything else. Where tren truly shines is when it comes to recomping.

Quote Originally Posted by Spumps View Post
    If you have already decided to do 16 weeks i say start a recomp now and if you aren't happy at the end of 12-13th week (which i really doubt you would) shoot for a deficit. You should continue to put on strength on tren. Eat at maintenance. You won't need anything else. Where tren truly shines is when it comes to recomping.
    I'll check back in a few weeks then. Thanks for the help brother.

Thread Information