• 3 Post By rise_against
  • 2 Post By DinAZ
  • 3 Post By Bulldog2379
  • 4 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 1 Post By AwareXx

Thread: Mental health

AwareXx is offline Junior Member

Mental health

Has mental health affected your training or cycles in any way? If so, how did this happen and what did you do?

rise_against is offline Junior Member
    I had issues with depression and anxiety in the past in my teens and early 20s. Consistent training is the best med imo. Testosterone helped too. Don't deal with it much anymore. Wouldn't recommend anabolics if it's something you are dealing with now unless you cruise on trt. Crashing hormones can wreck mental health. Think about it. Trt is a lifetime comment. How dedicated are you to training? Is it a passion or a phase?

DinAZ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AwareXx View Post
    Has mental health affected your training or cycles in any way? If so, how did this happen and what did you do?
    I’ve had substance abuse which counts as mental health I guess. You need to get help. For some people they can get medications. Some people go to support groups of people with the same problem. Some people to go therapists. Some of us talk to random dudes on the internet about our problems.

You need to figure out what your goal is, and make a plan to reach it. If something is stopping you then you need to think of who can help you get past the mental obstacle. It could be different for different people and different situations. But it won’t fix itself you need to do the work to help yourself and that very likely will involve admitting to other human beings that you need help and asking for it in some form or another.

I know this is a bit broad but I have no idea what is going on with you and even if I did I’m not a shrink. Regardless, I hope this little bit helps.

Dgs59 is offline Member
    Big topic my man,

Shit happens, it's life but HOW YOU DEAL WITH IT IS IMPORTANT, you have to break through it, You can sit and feel sorry for yourself, eat shit, stop exercising and be useless or take that as an opportunity to push yourself harder ( how you want to end up? )

I would love to write a bit more but what exactly is your situation ? Which made you raise this question.

Lee_1978 is offline Member
    The so-called sense of mental well-being that so many guys talk of when cycling has so far eluded me. When I first started on this journey, that was one of the effects I had hoped to benefit from. Alas...

I think it is really important to talk about this. Especially now, with COVID, a lot of people are experience troubling times.

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    I think it is really important to talk about this. Especially now, with COVID, a lot of people are experience troubling times.
    We could do something similar to what they did in Jonestown back in 1978: Britannica Encyclopedia - Jonestown Massacre

Bulldog2379 is offline New Member
    Whatever you Do don't ignore it or try to handle it on your own. Mental health issues are serious and I can tell you from first hand experience. AAS, (tren in my case) and mental health problems don't always mix well. I have combat related PTSD and experienced extreme aggression and my triggers were heightened while on cycle. I ended up hurting someone pretty bad and spent some time in prison for it. Get help. Don't end up like me.
    tarmyg, Test Monsterone and DinAZ like this.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    For me, going to the gym IS my mental health therapy. Especially in these times where we're all under lockdown and mandates are keeping us out of places, it brings you back to normal for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    We could do something similar to what they did in Jonestown back in 1978: Britannica Encyclopedia - Jonestown Massacre
    Well, I did not expect that. Hopefully you reconsider!
    DinAZ likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog2379 View Post
    Whatever you Do don't ignore it or try to handle it on your own. Mental health issues are serious and I can tell you from first hand experience. AAS, (tren in my case) and mental health problems don't always mix well. I have combat related PTSD and experienced extreme aggression and my triggers were heightened while on cycle. I ended up hurting someone pretty bad and spent some time in prison for it. Get help. Don't end up like me.
    It is totally true. Hopefully you find a way to deal with all this. If you do, please do share.

Thread Information