Killah_Keith is offline Junior Member

4 Weeks out - Powerlifting

I am 4 weeks out from a Powerlifting meet.

I normally diet down to a body weight of 212. (214 this morning). This weight is taken in the morning. Have not eaten or drank anything. After the morning bathroom use.

I compete at 90kg/198lb.

I've done this cut twice before. And previous similar amount of weight cut when I was lighter. It's not overly difficult, but I would like to make it simpler without the intervention of diuretics.

My question:

I am currently running:

300 Test
    250 Deca
    350 Masteron
    50 Anavar /Day (last 8 Weeks)

I have been doing so for the last 12 weeks. As I am now 4 weeks out from my powerlifting meet. I was thinking of removing the Deca, and partitioning out that compound towards Test and Masteron. Staying at 900mg total gear/week. Plus Anavar.

400 Test
    500 Masteron
    50 Anavar/Day (last 8 Weeks)

The main goal is to make the water cut easier and retain as much strength the next day for the meet.

Thoughts? Experience with this?

(If you see my other recent thread, Masteron has an almost immediate effect within 24 hours on water weight. https://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-...on-effect.html )

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    The deca might make the water come off a little easier as you think, but you are taking a pretty moderate dose of it anyway. Have you not used deca in meet prep before?; since you mentioned you have cut weight before. Personally, I find anavar useless, but some people like it. What type of test are you using? Last 4 weeks is usually time for test suspension and orals, raising longer injectables that close in probably won't do to much for performance, esp on 1 week + injection frequencies.

Killah_Keith is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike View Post
    The deca might make the water come off a little easier as you think, but you are taking a pretty moderate dose of it anyway. Have you not used deca in meet prep before?; since you mentioned you have cut weight before. Personally, I find anavar useless, but some people like it. What type of test are you using? Last 4 weeks is usually time for test suspension and orals, raising longer injectables that close in probably won't do to much for performance, esp on 1 week + injection frequencies.
    Thank you for the response. I am new to this. So I do my best to play on the safe side first.

Both Test and Masteron are longer acting esther's; Enanthate

Which makes sense, no real effect will be in play by the day of the meet at this point.

Most of the information I learn is towards bodybuilding, as powerlifters really talk about what they use.

Not sure what a typical powerlifting meet prep cycle would look like?

Thread Information