• 1 Post By Fiskevatten
  • 1 Post By s1nc1ty
  • 1 Post By Chicagotarsier
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong

Thread: Blood pressure (138/84/80)

jjsevens is offline Associate Member

Blood pressure (138/84/80)

I've never checked my blood pressure before but after experiencing symptoms and reading up on hypertension and related symptoms I decided to check. I've checked over a period of 2 days, same time and tested twice each time and my readings were in and around 138/84/80.

Ive been feeling this way for a long time, but as I've said, never checked my blood pressure, and definitely showing signs of hypertension. I just started my cycle last week so don't believe this could have increased my levels yet, so just curious to see what you guys think.

And of course now mentally stressing and it's like symptoms have amplified since
    Last edited by jjsevens; 05-19-2022 at 03:25 PM.

sully169 is offline New Member
    That BP is alright. Don't stress but you could see a doctor and they might put you on an antihypertensive.... but you are not in immediate danger at all
    Signed,
    An ICU Nurse

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    jjsevens likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Congratulations youre normal.
    Pro tip, if you ever plan on cycling aas always keep a check on your blood pressure matter fact especially if you cycle. Everyone needs to keep a check on it periodically.

jjsevens is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Congratulations youre normal.
    Pro tip, if you ever plan on cycling aas always keep a check on your blood pressure matter fact especially if you cycle. Everyone needs to keep a check on it periodically.
    According to Google, I'm stage 1 hypertensive and should seek immediate medical attention lol

What about my symptoms though? Most notibly for me is chest tightness, sharp pains, sometimes more blurry than normal vision, ear ringing... And my biggest issue insomnia. These are all things I've been ignoring for a while now, so going to see a Dr about it. Also ordered a home monitor so I can keep a closer eye on it when I get these flare up's... Esp now that I'm on, and 45 so need stay in check.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsevens View Post
    According to Google, I'm stage 1 hypertensive and should seek immediate medical attention lol

What about my symptoms though? Most notibly for me is chest tightness, sharp pains, sometimes more blurry than normal vision, ear ringing... And my biggest issue insomnia. These are all things I've been ignoring for a while now, so going to see a Dr about it. Also ordered a home monitor so I can keep a closer eye on it when I get these flare up's... Esp now that I'm on, and 45 so need stay in check.
    Yeah bro but didnt you say you were 6’2 235 or something like that i mean sure your numbers will differ from a 180lb regular frame guy. Most dr will tell you your fine. I have been through the runaround with bp. As long as you keep checking it and consistently reading the usual i dont see why you would have to worry but yes go ahead and see your dr and get his opinion
    jjsevens, JaneDoe and Chark like this.

sully169 is offline New Member

Get off Google and web MD... also yes grade 1 .... you are not in a hypertensive emergency ... so you are good ... GO SEE A DOCTOR .... and they will classify you correctly and probably provide level 1 antihypertensive.... most of your symptoms are not related to hypertension ... headaches can be but minimal symptoms is why they call it the silent killer

Relax and make an appointment with your doc in the next few days

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    jjsevens likes this.

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Your blood pressure is fine, you should be worried if it reaches 140/100!

___
    Dude, you're not hypertensive, your blood pressure is completely normal, the danger zone is when it goes above the 140/100 mark constantly... Calm down, (AAS will raise your blood pressure a little. Drink ( 1 gallon) of water by day and stay hydrated...Don't let fear and anxiety get to you, as nervousness contributes to increase even more when measuring
    Last edited by JaneDoe; 05-19-2022 at 06:06 PM.
    jjsevens likes this.

Fiskevatten is offline Member
    Decent numbers as above people said, but YES you should seek remedies to get it lower and doesn't say you need meds.
    Me personally feel pulse is a little high for a fit guy like yourself, I would include more cardio that you are not used to (e.g. no just powerwalk on a treadmill), but maybe
    HIIT or Swimming.
    That should have a nice effect on the BP as well, if you can reach 130 you can masturbate to your success.

Keep in mind that TONS of stuff increase BP, even temporarily, so test yourself first thing in morning 2x times on both arms, afternoon resting same, and night before bed same.
    If majority is close to 130 and one is close to 160, nothing to worry about.
    jjsevens likes this.

s1nc1ty is online now Member
    138/84/80 is abit high but it isnt that bad. I just measured 168 / 78 / 88
    Last edited by s1nc1ty; 05-20-2022 at 02:14 PM.
    JaneDoe likes this.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    I've never checked my blood pressure before but after experiencing symptoms and reading up on hypertension and related symptoms I decided to check. I've checked over a period of 2 days, same time and tested twice each time and my readings were in and around 138/84/80.

Ive been feeling this way for a long time, but as I've said, never checked my blood pressure, and definitely showing signs of hypertension. I just started my cycle last week so don't believe this could have increased my levels yet, so just curious to see what you guys think.

And of course now mentally stressing and it's like symptoms have amplified since
    Lisinopril is the first line hypertensive med and has other positive function. Resting blood pressure is the indication of where your blood pressure goes to when under stress.
    jjsevens likes this.

s1nc1ty is online now Member
    I must add that for me testosterone increased my bloodpressure basically from the first injection. already first week I noticed my bloodpressure was 140ish. By end of cycle already 150 / 160 and now 3 weeks after cycle and it still hasnt gone back down. we are all different

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Another BP thread ey?

My BP rn is humming - just checked it, 131/61

Keep an eye on your vitals, but don't stress it - yet

Get blood work & go from there

Right now, I'm more worried about my wife's BP than mine(and, I'm on roids - she isn't) - her BP is coming at about 160-170/110-90 < she gained weight rapidly & her cholesterol is just as bad, if not worse than mine - she don't see it as an issue < I suggested for her to ag least start donating blood. . . . I'm due for another oil change here shortly
    Test Monsterone likes this.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Dude 138/84 with a pulse of 80 isn't that bad. Is it good? No, but let me put it like this, I take 3 different blood pressure medications and I'd love to have 138/84 after it.
    Test Monsterone likes this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    I was like 130-140 / 80-90 on lisinopril, max dose. Then I added 25 mg of a beta blocker (Atenolol first / now metropolol), and my bp is like 115-125/60-70 when I'm relaxed. When I was working at the office I'd check my blood pressure after work and it would be in the 150's / 90s. That's what coffee, stress, and sitting all day do to you.

Thread Information