Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Ongoing Critique of Test E Future Use

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ghostman_SW is offline Junior Member
    Read the sticky on source checks. Not to 100 posts yet.

How does one tell which vets or mods do checks?

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostman_SW View Post
    Read the sticky on source checks. Not to 100 posts yet.

How does one tell which vets or mods do checks?
    I'm not speaking with certainty, or speaking for anyone else, but I don't think it works like that.

It sounds like you are assuming that just because someone is a "vet or mod", that they will be willing to do source checks. That's not the case. You might have a better chance of getting a legit ref from a vet or mod, but their status is not a guarantee that they will hand out refs. No one is required to do source checks.

Vets or Mods, if I have misspoken, please correct.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    I'm not speaking with certainty, or speaking for anyone else, but I don't think it works like that.

It sounds like you are assuming that just because someone is a "vet or mod", that they will be willing to do source checks. That's not the case. You might have a better chance of getting a legit ref from a vet or mod, but their status is not a guarantee that they will hand out refs. No one is required to do source checks.

You are right from my memory. I used to be a Vet here as Papi93 (former NSCA CSCS & CPT) but I was chosen only because of my contributions in the exercise forum (it used to be a lot busier here in the mid-2000's). I didn't do source checks obviously.

What I meant was...how do you tell which mods or vets do source checks on this forum? There used to be so many more active members that it was easier to find one through just being active on the forum.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Also, a mod or vet that does US source checks.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    You are right from my memory. I used to be a Vet here as Papi93 (former NSCA CSCS & CPT) but I was chosen only because of my contributions in the exercise forum (it used to be a lot busier here in the mid-2000's). I didn't do source checks obviously.

What I meant was...how do you tell which mods or vets do source checks on this forum? There used to be so many more active members that it was easier to find one through just being active on the forum.
    "
    What makes you think the mods or vets on this site are even going to know anything about the source you come up with? There are a shitload of them that come and go and a lot of people have "their guy" that they stick with, because he's/its got good gear.

And usually, the people asking for source checks tend to be real spergy twats and trolls who haven't been around for a while and certainly don't contribute in good questions or knowledge that they've picked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    "
    What makes you think the mods or vets on this site are even going to know anything about the source you come up with? There are a shitload of them that come and go and a lot of people have "their guy" that they stick with, because he's/its got good gear.

And usually, the people asking for source checks tend to be real spergy twats and trolls who haven't been around for a while and certainly don't contribute in good questions or knowledge that they've picked up.
    They might not but through a lot of reading here...one is much less likely to get scammed if multiple source checks are done (that last part was in the sticky).
    Last edited by Ghostman_SW; 08-03-2022 at 07:03 PM.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    They might not but through a lot of reading here...one is much less likely to get scammed if multiple source checks are done (that last part was in the sticky).
    Yeah, but like I said, there are so many different sources online, that more than likely when you ask somebody they likely never heard of that source before. And once you find a good source, you tend to stick with it and don't follow other sources. Not to mention nobody wants to be bothered by a bunch of noobs asking for source checks.
    Cuz and Cylon357 like this.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

Think I might have seen your old handle a time or two. Welcome back!

Still, the part in bold is likely trial and error. Except those that explicitly say "no source checks" on their profile.

That said, peep the Labs sub. Reading between the lines will enable you to eventually decipher who is buying from where.
    Ghostman_SW likes this.

Think I might have seen your old handle a time or two. Welcome back!

Still, the part in bold is likely trial and error. Except those that explicitly say "no source checks" on their profile.

That said, peep the Labs sub. Reading between the lines will enable you to eventually decipher who is buying from where.
    I did see what you were saying about reading between the lines in the Labs section...and the Lab I chose claims to only have one seller.
    Cylon357 likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer

Ghostman/Papi, try PM'ing *Admin*. They have had a LOT going on in the background with the board, but they may be able to merge your current account with the *Papi" account.
    Ghostman_SW likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer

No sir, you're correct. It's at their discretion.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Thread Information