Like Tree8Likes
  • 6 Post By SampsonandDelilah
  • 1 Post By narcolepticshark
  • 1 Post By SampsonandDelilah

Thread: Shelf Life of Steroids

narcolepticshark is offline Junior Member

Shelf Life of Steroids

…………….
    Last edited by narcolepticshark; 09-20-2022 at 08:56 PM.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewsunset View Post
    I have a large quantity of test and I'm wondering how long it's good for. It was recently purchases. Seems as though since it is an oil it should be pretty shelf stable.

I also have Dbol from like 5 years ago that I never took because I didn't know how to do it safely and it just sat around.

It’ll last far beyond the expiration date. I’ve successfully run test that was 8 years past the expiration date. Keep it temp controlled and out of the light and just impact the stopper for any wearing of the rubber and hold the vial up to the light to see if there’s any particulates floating in it. If all is good, you’re gear will be good. If it somehow crashes and you see crystals, run it under really hot water and swirl, not uncommon at all and the crystals will dissipate and go back into the solution
    Cuz, songdog, 956Vette and 3 others like this.

narcolepticshark is offline Junior Member
    ………….
    Last edited by narcolepticshark; 09-20-2022 at 08:56 PM.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

Iranon is offline Associate Member
    After 3 years it will start losing potency, not sure about orals.

Quote Originally Posted by Iranon View Post
    After 3 years it will start losing potency, not sure about orals.
    Not starting a pissing match and don’t want to rattle sabers but 3 years is an absolutely arbitrary number. Please post a reference supporting that claim.

I have worked in pharmaceuticals for 20+ years and can say that isn’t the case at all.
    Most of the “expired” medications in this country are shipped to third world nations and used loooooooooong after expiration.

Now some biologics and antibiotics are a different story but suspensions can go on for decades. I made the BEST gains I’ve ever made off of the aforementioned testosterone that was 8 years (yes 8 years past expiration).

Here, I’ll support my statement. Harvard Medical School, we’ve all heard of it…ya?

https://www.health.harvard.edu/stayi...-mean-anything

Expiration dates are how big pharma pushes product, plain and simple.

Respect Iranon, truly

Carry on
    lovbyts likes this.

Iranon is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Not starting a pissing match and don’t want to rattle sabers but 3 years is an absolutely arbitrary number. Please post a reference supporting that claim.

I have worked in pharmaceuticals for 20+ years and can say that isn’t the case at all.
    Most of the “expired” medications in this country are shipped to third world nations and used loooooooooong after expiration.

Now some biologics and antibiotics are a different story but suspensions can go on for decades. I made the BEST gains I’ve ever made off of the aforementioned testosterone that was 8 years (yes 8 years past expiration).

Here, I’ll support my statement. Harvard Medical School, we’ve all heard of it…ya?

https://www.health.harvard.edu/stayi...-mean-anything

Expiration dates are how big pharma pushes product, plain and simple.

Respect Iranon, truly

Carry on
    I am not here to post medical studies. I am a nurse and I know what I know, you can take my medical advice or not, I could care less. Drugs do not last forever, we can all agree on that, once a seal is broken all bets are way off, I guess I need to prove that with studies as well.

Respect to your opinion, do what is what is best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Iranon View Post
    I am not here to post medical studies. I am a nurse and I know what I know, you can take my medical advice or not, I could care less. Drugs do not last forever, we can all agree on that, once a seal is broken all bets are way off, I guess I need to prove that with studies as well.

Respect to your opinion, do what is what is best for you.
    We can agree on that if you can agree that 3 years is arbitrary as shit. I work with Nurses every day and their surgeons. I’m no stranger to this environment either and you know as well as I do, that studies are the foundation for medication, indications and the FDA. A Harvard Medical School authored study is the gold standard. I wasn’t trying to put you on blast but just because you say so, doesn’t make it so. Same for me which is why we provide support, otherwise it’s anecdotal. Agree?

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Expiration dates are scam. Its all about big money. Vials are air tight i could see them going 10 years honestly

They put an expiration on a bottle of fucking sealed water for shits sake..

Id be worried more about contamination than expiration as far as gear goes…but thats only my opinion. We all know they dont last forever but a year “cmon man”

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    My “guy” said : about 2-3 years at least, otherwise it’s unknown

Kept out of light in a climate controlled environment, I would say only a mass spec or blood work would show

Thread Information