Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cuz
  • 1 Post By almostgone

Thread: Anavar with Familial hypercholesterolemia

bruin27 is offline Associate Member

Anavar with Familial hypercholesterolemia

So my LDL is crazy high, 300 currently, HDL 50, Triglycerides 70.

I've had 3 Calcium tests over the last 20 years, I'm 40 now. All come back 0 score. Last year I did a CT Coronary Angiography and all came back perfect, no soft or hard plaque anywhere, everything normal.

I've taken anavar in the past and just recently started TRT, my doctor will for sure tell me don't do anavar but with my latest testing is my cholesterol even a concern? Trying to see if anyone else here is in a similar boat.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by bruin27 View Post

I've had 3 Calcium tests over the last 20 years, I'm 40 now. All come back 0 score. Last year I did a CT Coronary Angiography and all came back perfect, no soft or hard plaque anywhere, everything normal.

I've taken anavar in the past and just recently started TRT, my doctor will for sure tell me don't do anavar but with my latest testing is my cholesterol even a concern? Trying to see if anyone else here is in a similar boat.
    Are you telling your doctor that you're taking anavar ? And have they put you on medication for high blood pressure?

Oxbow is offline New Member
    Hey so I've found solutions to deal with lipids :

- Triglycerides : A lot of omega 3 will solve all the issues

- HDL : Niacin (nicotinic acid form, not the others, it should have the flush. inositolhexanicotinat is a slow-release niacin form that works but not really effective for lipids, but no flush, and nicotinamid is another form of the niacin (B3 vitamin) that has 0 effect for lipids, so nicotinic acid is the best form, the brand NOW sell that form, any many other brands) at 2g per day (4x 500mg during meals otherwise the flush is too strong) will raises HDL, it's supported by scientific litterature. First time I took 2 grams at one, never do that, I turned RED (like my whole body was red).

- LDL : Yeast Red rice at least 30mg of monakolin k per day. ALWAYS take COQ10 with red yeast rice because the monakolin inside the red yeast rice blocks the COQ10 synthesis in the body

Don't take niacin and yeast red rice together, it's omega 3 every day all year round, and then blast niacine, then 2-3 months after switch to Yeast Red Rice, then switch to niacin again etc.

My bloodwork since I do this for years is PERFECT : High HDL, Low LDL, good triglycerids, and I blast Anavar like crazy and get crazy gains.

That's the different between the people who do things right and will live in 20 years, then the stupid guys who don't care, and pretend "lol cholesterol is not an issues it's not proven lol I assure you bro lol it's not important if you do bbuilding you should not be worried about lipids lolol", lol enjoy your heart attack in 20 years
    Last edited by Oxbow; 02-08-2024 at 03:54 PM.

I'm not sure what to tell him if anything as I'm sure if I ask his opinion he'd say no. I don't have high blood pressure.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxbow View Post

- HDL : Niacin (nicotinic acid form, not the others, it should have the flush. inositolhexanicotinat is a slow-release niacin form that works but not really effective for lipids, but no flush, and nicotinamid is another form of the niacin (B3 vitamin) that has 0 effect for lipids, so nicotinic acid is the best form, the brand NOW sell that form, any many other brands) at 2g per day (4x 500mg during meals otherwise the flush is too strong) will raises HDL, it's supported by scientific litterature. First time I took 2 grams at one, never do that, I turned RED (like my whole body was red).

- LDL : Yeast Red rice at least 30mg of monakolin k per day. ALWAYS take COQ10 with red yeast rice because the monakolin inside the red yeast rice blocks the COQ10 synthesis in the body

Don't take niacin and yeast red rice together, it's omega 3 every day all year round, and then blast niacine, then 2-3 months after switch to Yeast Red Rice, then switch to niacin again etc.

My bloodwork since I do this for years is PERFECT : High HDL, Low LDL, good triglycerids, and I blast Anavar like crazy and get crazy gains.

That's the different between the people who do things right and will live in 20 years, then the stupid guys who don't care, and pretend "lol cholesterol is not an issues it's not proven lol I assure you bro lol it's not important if you do bbuilding you should not be worried about lipids lolol", lol enjoy your heart attack in 20 years
    Red yeast rice has been history for some time now. The levels of monacolin K (almost identical to lovastatin) in red yeast rice are very inconsistent. Since the FDA started poking around, chances aren't very good for red yeast rice being an effective tool anymore, especially since red yeast rice with any amount of monacolin K is now illegal.

https://www.nccih.nih.gov/health/red...nited%20States.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Red yeast rice has been history for some time now. The levels of monacolin K (almost identical to lovastatin) in red yeast rice are very inconsistent. Since the FDA started poking around, chances aren't very good for red yeast rice being an effective tool anymore, especially since red yeast rice with any amount of monacolin K is now illegal.

https://www.nccih.nih.gov/health/red...nited%20States.
    I think where i was getting at was my ldl number is super high but according to my regular ct and the mlrr advanced ct I did recently it looks like it's not doing anything negative to me, so I'm wondering if an 8 week cycle of anavar would have any impact on my health given my ldl numbers haven't done anything to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxbow View Post

You can achieve it without using red yeast rice, an illegal, unregulated supplement (at best). Red yeast rice with any beneficial properties is illegal in the US. I posted the link above.
    Although, I don't use it, niacin is useful for some people
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anavar with Familial hypercholesterolemia-markup_1000000767.png  
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

I think where i was getting at was my ldl number is super high but according to my regular ct and the mlrr advanced ct I did recently it looks like it's not doing anything negative to me, so I'm wondering if an 8 week cycle of anavar would have any impact on my health given my ldl numbers haven't done anything to me.
    I don't think anyone can say for sure. I would want that LDL much lower, but that's just me.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    As a general rule we feel that cholesterol is good indicator of heart health and if we have “good” numbers that we will be ok.

Thats actually not the case. Heart attacks due to cholesterol are mainly genetic.

{ Also referred to as "LP little a," this type of lipoprotein is comprised of an extra protein, called apolipoprotein(a) or apo(a),4 that is stickier than other types of LDL, so it may be more likely to cause blockages and blood clots in your arteries. }

You either have the genetic trait for it or you dont. My doc explained this too me, bc every time I came in I wanted a lipid panel. There is a little more complex panel that can determine if you are higher risk.

With that said, I still want all my numbers to appear “normal” even though bodybuilders arent “normal” people.

Most AAS elevates lipids, especially tren . My favorite component to run…

Oh, and take your fish oil!
    almostgone likes this.

...and I try to make wise food choices. Steelhead over salmon when grilling. There's not a huge difference in the macros, but there is a difference.

If it's cool weather have a bowl or two of salmon stew each week.

When CVS has pistachios on sale, but a bag or two and prepack them in 1 oz. servings. Have a serving daily.

Personally, I also like to pull a hs-CRP panel annually. I'm still being treated for congestive heart failure and numerous other coronary complications from viral cardiomyopathy.
    Last edited by almostgone; 02-08-2024 at 09:23 PM.
    Cuz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    As a general rule we feel that cholesterol is good indicator of heart health and if we have “good” numbers that we will be ok.

Thats actually not the case. Heart attacks due to cholesterol are mainly genetic.

{ Also referred to as "LP little a," this type of lipoprotein is comprised of an extra protein, called apolipoprotein(a) or apo(a),4 that is stickier than other types of LDL, so it may be more likely to cause blockages and blood clots in your arteries. }

You either have the genetic trait for it or you dont. My doc explained this too me, bc every time I came in I wanted a lipid panel. There is a little more complex panel that can determine if you are higher risk.

With that said, I still want all my numbers to appear “normal” even though bodybuilders arent “normal” people.

Most AAS elevates lipids, especially tren . My favorite component to run…

Oh, and take your fish oil!
    Yea my numbers are very high also, my understanding is it does coinside with my high LDL number. See attached. Its what prompted my cardiologist to run the ct angiography test which came back great. Even he said I didn't necessarily need statins as it doesn't appear these off the chart results are causing any build up but to repeat tests in a few years.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anavar with Familial hypercholesterolemia-screenshot_20240209_070745_my-health-online.jpg  
    Last edited by bruin27; 02-09-2024 at 09:16 AM.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Yea my numbers are very high also, my understanding is it does coinside with my high LDL number. See attached. Its what prompted my cardiologist to run the ct angiography test which came back great. Even he said I didn't necessarily need statins as it doesn't appear these off the chart results are causing any build up but to repeat tests in a few years.
    Yeah those are pretty high man. I think Id get a different doctor. Maybe a second opinion.

wango is offline Anabolic Member

After reading through all of the posts, I’m going to ask about your family history regarding high blood pressure (at what age did it start as well), and family histories regarding heart attacks and strokes.

A zero score is good, but you are only 40. Also keep in mind that the calcium tests measure calcium (plaque) in the coronary arteries (the arteries in the heart), not peripheral (around the body).

What is your height/weight & blood pressure?

Lastly, keep in mind that you are on AAS and if you are listed as overweight due to your musculature, health comparisons between yourself and family members are now less valid, if they don’t suffer from HBP, heart attacks or strokes.
    Last edited by wango; 02-10-2024 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Grammar /spellcheck error

Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    After reading through all of the posts, I’m going to ask about your family history regarding high blood pressure (at what age did it start as well), and family histories regarding heart attacks and strokes.

A zero score is good, but you are only 40. Also keep in mind that the calcium tests measure calcium (plaque) in the coronary arteries (the arteries in the heart), not peripheral (around the body).

What is your height/weight & blood pressure?

Lastly, keep in mind that you are on AAS and if you are listed as overweight due to your musculature, health comparisons between yourself and family members are now less valid, if they don’t suffer from HBP, heart attacks or strokes.
    I don't have high blood pressure. My numbers have always been great. As far as I know there isn't blood pressure issues, the high cholesterol is on my dad's side and we aren't in contact with them. I've heard stories of someone, maybe 2nd cousin having a heart attack young, possibly great grandfather but no way to confirm that now. I don't believe anyone's had strokes.

The CT angio was supposedly testing for more then developed plaque but also soft plaque that could potentially turn hard and it was clean as well. Also I think the measured more areas then just around the heart but I could be wrong.

I'm 5'10 220 currently, more fat then I typically carry but working on trimming down and hoping the TRT helps a bit. My BP has always been around the 120/80, I think the last time a month ago it was 122/75, something like that but I can check to confirm

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't have high blood pressure. My numbers have always been great. As far as I know there isn't blood pressure issues, the high cholesterol is on my dad's side and we aren't in contact with them. I've heard stories of someone, maybe 2nd cousin having a heart attack young, possibly great grandfather but no way to confirm that now. I don't believe anyone's had strokes.

The CT angio was supposedly testing for more then developed plaque but also soft plaque that could potentially turn hard and it was clean as well. Also I think the measured more areas then just around the heart but I could be wrong.

I'm 5'10 220 currently, more fat then I typically carry but working on trimming down and hoping the TRT helps a bit. My BP has always been around the 120/80, I think the last time a month ago it was 122/75, something like that but I can check to confirm
    I’ll just echo what’s been said already & that is get the LDL’s down ASAP.

I’d be surprised if your doctor wasn’t just a bit more concerned.

The heart doesn’t care if the 220 pounds is fat or muscle, it just knows that you’re obese & the added work that it has to do now at this young age & for the rest of your life is not good.

Your blood pressure is “ok”. but it honestly is closer to borderline at your age, so when you couple that with your body weight, that should concern you.

Then throw in those LDLS & the fact that it may be genetic? Many doctors might have pushed more aggressively on getting you on statins.

It all depends on your long term goals & what is a priority. Is it muscle at the possible cost of long term health? Good luck with your choices.

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    I've spent the last 6 - 12 months trying to get my cholesterol back in range after ruining it with 100mg Anavar daily. I tortured myself taking the Niacin pills that make you have a hot flush, and took plenty of fish oils. The blood test I got 3 weeks ago is the first one that has cholesterol within normal range. It was hard work to get to this point, really.

I'm not gonna ruin my cholesterol like that again.

As for taking Anavar when your LDL is very high -- man I wouldn't do it. I'd put my entire life on hold to get my LDL down and my HDL up. You won't care about big muscles when you start having heart and circulation problems.

I wouldn't go near Anavar if my cholesterol was out.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    I've spent the last 6 - 12 months trying to get my cholesterol back in range after ruining it with 100mg Anavar daily. I tortured myself taking the Niacin pills that make you have a hot flush, and took plenty of fish oils. The blood test I got 3 weeks ago is the first one that has cholesterol within normal range. It was hard work to get to this point, really.

I'm not gonna ruin my cholesterol like that again.

As for taking Anavar when your LDL is very high -- man I wouldn't do it. I'd put my entire life on hold to get my LDL down and my HDL up. You won't care about big muscles when you start having heart and circulation problems.

I wouldn't go near Anavar if my cholesterol was out.
    12 months of anavar? You must be in pretty good shape now. Post some pics.

We've heard your "decade of tren " stories and all your other BS. Nobody believes you've ever touched gear in your life, so stop trying to use your make-believe experiences to advise people.

Thread Information