Fireguy1990 is offline Junior Member

SVT and steroids?

So I have SVT. Basically my heart beats super fast, over 200 bpm. These episodes are usually trigger when I'm dehydrated and bend over. I usually get maybe two or three episodes a year. I do vaguel maneuvers and they go away although they last for about 10 to 20 min.

The first episode I had was when I was 12 years old. I don't remember if I had it in my teen years like in high school or college. I started aas when I was 25 and been on since. 25 to 30 I was dumb and blasted and cruised. Since then I'm just on my trt dose.

This past year I had a full heart check. EKG done. Heart monitor for two weeks. They did not catch and episode. And had an echo done and everything looked perfect they said.

Not sure if I should still be concerned being on trt. In the summer I like to bump my 120 mgs dose to 300 but not sure if I should do that now. Anyone have svt? Did it happen more after starting aas. I'm gonna bring it up to my trt Dr and see what they say. I'm not longer using any other gear besides test and var. I feel like if my echo showed everything good than I should be ok right? Any help my h appreciated.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireguy1990 View Post
    So I have SVT. Basically my heart beats super fast, over 200 bpm. These episodes are usually trigger when I'm dehydrated and bend over. I usually get maybe two or three episodes a year. I do vaguel maneuvers and they go away although they last for about 10 to 20 min.

The first episode I had was when I was 12 years old. I don't remember if I had it in my teen years like in high school or college. I started aas when I was 25 and been on since. 25 to 30 I was dumb and blasted and cruised. Since then I'm just on my trt dose.

This past year I had a full heart check. EKG done. Heart monitor for two weeks. They did not catch and episode. And had an echo done and everything looked perfect they said.

Not sure if I should still be concerned being on trt. In the summer I like to bump my 120 mgs dose to 300 but not sure if I should do that now. Anyone have svt? Did it happen more after starting aas. I'm gonna bring it up to my trt Dr and see what they say. I'm not longer using any other gear besides test and var. I feel like if my echo showed everything good than I should be ok right? Any help my h appreciated.
    Not a doctor so keep that in mind...

Is SVT caused by an electrical issue or by a blood flow one? That is, are nerve impulses firing randomly the cause, or is it blood thickness or something else?

If it is an electrical / nerve issue, I can't even guess what to say. If blood thickness related, there might be some things to safely do.

I would not imagine that TRT levels would be a problem in either case, but i'm just some rando on the net...

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    I wouldnt touch any aas if thats the case as they greatly effect the cardiovascular system.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Not a doctor so keep that in mind...

Is SVT caused by an electrical issue or by a blood flow one? That is, are nerve impulses firing randomly the cause, or is it blood thickness or something else?

If it is an electrical / nerve issue, I can't even guess what to say. If blood thickness related, there might be some things to safely do.

I would not imagine that TRT levels would be a problem in either case, but i'm just some rando on the net...
    Seems like its an electrical issue. From when I went to the Dr he said I could get an ablation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    I wouldnt touch any aas if thats the case as they greatly effect the cardiovascular system.
    Does that include testosterone ? I may bring it up to my heart Dr and just tell him I'm on trt.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!

First and foremost, who diagnosed you with SVT? What I would suspect and look in to is if they've put you on a heart monitor and done an EKG and didn't find anything abnormal, the cause might be an anxiety issue. Do you have any panic issues before you have an SVT episode? Any fear or feeling of impending doom?

I would recommend that you cut all caffeine and stimulants out of your diet. Stop drinking alcohol or smoking pot (if you do). And cut all fast food and junk food out of your diet. They may or may not be contributing factors. I'm also getting the vibe that you're self-administering your TRT. I wouldn't do that. I'd either go through your PCP or through a clinic. At least then you'd be getting medical supervision (and it sounds like you need that).

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    First and foremost, who diagnosed you with SVT? What I would suspect and look in to is if they've put you on a heart monitor and done an EKG and didn't find anything abnormal, the cause might be an anxiety issue. Do you have any panic issues before you have an SVT episode? Any fear or feeling of impending doom?

I would recommend that you cut all caffeine and stimulants out of your diet. Stop drinking alcohol or smoking pot (if you do). And cut all fast food and junk food out of your diet. They may or may not be contributing factors. I'm also getting the vibe that you're self-administering your TRT. I wouldn't do that. I'd either go through your PCP or through a clinic. At least then you'd be getting medical supervision (and it sounds like you need that).
    Thanks for the response. I do use caffeine and nicotine. I'm a firefighter in a busy city and work 24s. I do notice they occur more when im stressed/overtired/dehydrated. I do get anxious. Il Im so fixated on this now and stressed about when the next one will come. I do have a script for TRT from a clinic. They check my bloods every three months and everything looks solid on that end.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Does that include testosterone? I may bring it up to my heart Dr and just tell him I'm on trt.
    I would keep trt on the low end. Like <150mg pw

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    "SVT and steroids " LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fireguy1990 View Post
    i do use caffeine and nicotine. I'm a firefighter in a busy city and work 24s.i do notice they occur more when im stressed/overtired/dehydrated.i do get anxious. Il im so fixated on this now and stressed about when the next one will come. I they check my bloods every three months and everything looks solid on that end.
    lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Hello Earthlings, this is Tokyo, do you think it would be a good idea to cultivate a freindship with Godzilla? I am already inviting Mothra, the Blob, King Kong and others to hangout.

Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    Hello Earthlings, this is Tokyo, do you think it would be a good idea to cultivate a freindship with Godzilla? I am already inviting Mothra, the Blob, King Kong and others to hangout.
    Goof

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the response. I do use caffeine and nicotine. I'm a firefighter in a busy city and work 24s. I do notice they occur more when im stressed/overtired/dehydrated. I do get anxious. Il Im so fixated on this now and stressed about when the next one will come. I do have a script for TRT from a clinic. They check my bloods every three months and everything looks solid on that end.
    These things are contributing to your heart problems, big time. You are killing yourself. Stop it. I know that is easier said than done, but do it all the same.

I had some cardiac issues from a drug reaction about 12-15 years ago. I cut out all caffeine and that helped, but I still worried about when the next event might occur. That worry made things WAY worse. When I learned to control THAT, too, then all things smoothed out. It may not stop everything completely for you, but it will reduce your incidents.

These things are contributing to your heart problems, big time. You are killing yourself. Stop it. I know that is easier said than done, but do it all the same.

I had some cardiac issues from a drug reaction about 12-15 years ago. I cut out all caffeine and that helped, but I still worried about when the next event might occur. That worry made things WAY worse. When I learned to control THAT, too, then all things smoothed out. It may not stop everything completely for you, but it will reduce your incidents.
    For sure man. Stress is def the worst. I don't know how I'll function working shifts with no caffeine though haha.

For sure man. Stress is def the worst. I don't know how I'll function working shifts with no caffeine though haha.

Thread Information