Bigbadwolf250 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries

How to not stress about a heart attack.

32 years old. Take medication for BP. 5'10 210lbs 11%bf. I stay very active. My father passed away of a heart attack last year and since I've been stressing it's gonna be me next. I was dumb when I was young and started blasting and cruising when I was 24 to about 30. Recently got on trt and just been doing that. Bloodwork is good. Had an echo, EKG, and everything came back fine. However I remain anxious which obviously makes you feel like you have heart issues. My trt is 150 mgs and ours my t levels at 1200. I'm prob gonna ask my Dr to lower me to 120mgs. I usually bump my t up in the summer to 300. Should I not do that this year? I feel like I did damage when I was younger but would of that showed up on the echo. Just looking to vent mostly haha.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    You need a nuclear stress test

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbadwolf250 View Post
    32 years old. Take medication for BP. 5'10 210lbs 11%bf. I stay very active. My father passed away of a heart attack last year and since I've been stressing it's gonna be me next. I was dumb when I was young and started blasting and cruising when I was 24 to about 30. Recently got on trt and just been doing that. Bloodwork is good. Had an echo, EKG, and everything came back fine. However I remain anxious which obviously makes you feel like you have heart issues. My trt is 150 mgs and ours my t levels at 1200. I'm prob gonna ask my Dr to lower me to 120mgs. I usually bump my t up in the summer to 300. Should I not do that this year? I feel like I did damage when I was younger but would of that showed up on the echo. Just looking to vent mostly haha.

Was just an echo or was it a stress echocardiogram?
    Looking back at your post history , I would say you definitely have anxiety issues

No need to ask your Dr. to lower your dose, IMHO. You can lower your dosage yourself. Save the extra in case the pharmacy is out at refill time; that does occasionally happen..
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbadwolf250 View Post
    Why don't you order your own blood work like a CBC and a CMP. If you liver enzymes are high or if your rbc is out of range, maybe scale back your dose. Like AG said there's no sense in telling your doctor if you're going to cut back.

But yeah all the tests you've had show that you're fine. You can the nuclear test Cuz recommended if you want, but the issue here I really don't think is really with the condition of your heart. You lost your dad and it's causing you to reflect on yourself which is causing stress, anxiety and paranoia. Maybe seeing a therapist about this will help you get through it all?

I mean what test do you think you can have done that will convince you that you're fine?

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Calcium score wouldnt hurt either.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Calcium score wouldnt hurt either.
    I agree .. .and a C-reactive protein.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Thread Information