Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Crest
  • 1 Post By Crest

Thread: Swapping Pins When Prefilling

Crest is offline Senior Member

Swapping Pins When Prefilling

Hey ya'll 👋

Needing to preload a bunch of syringes for TRT. Some questions I might have:

1) Can I draw into the 5 syringes using the same 18g pin each time, rather than swapping a new draw pin for each of the 5 syringes?

2) I have small plastic box to store them, which I'll clean with alcohol swipes before storage. Should I store in the fridge or in a cool dark cupboard?

3) If answer to #1 is to use new draw pin each time, do you suggest recapping with the injection needle before storage, or swapping it before injection (leaving stored with the 18g draw pin).

5) Feasibly how long can these pre fills be stored? Test E, Castor Oil + BA

Thanks!

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crest View Post
    Hey ya'll 👋

Needing to preload a bunch of syringes for TRT. Some questions I might have:

1) Can I draw into the 5 syringes using the same 18g pin each time, rather than swapping a new draw pin for each of the 5 syringes?

2) I have small plastic box to store them, which I'll clean with alcohol swipes before storage. Should I store in the fridge or in a cool dark cupboard?

3) If answer to #1 is to use new draw pin each time, do you suggest recapping with the injection needle before storage, or swapping it before injection (leaving stored with the 18g draw pin).

5) Feasibly how long can these pre fills be stored? Test E, Castor Oil + BA

Thanks!
    1) Just draw up the total amount you need for all 5 pins, then put an equal amount in each pin.

2) Testosterone does not need to be refrigerated, water based items do. I store mine in a tall shot glass, needle side down. I make sure to leave about .02 of air next to the stopper to push everything out through the needle.

3) I use a single pin to draw everything, and I use an insulin pin for drawing. Draw into an insulin pin, then use that insulin pin to back fill your capped injection pins (which are also insulin pins). Store as defined in 2 above.

4) there is no four. Fibonacci FTW!

5) Feasibly? I would not hazard a guess. I do one weeks worth of pins at a time. Further, I leave a little air (see 2 above) between the stopper and the oil, both to push out all oil and to reduce the chance of stopper degradation. I don't really know how big a concern that is.

teedoff is online now Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    1) Just draw up the total amount you need for all 5 pins, then put an equal amount in each pin.

2) Testosterone does not need to be refrigerated, water based items do. I store mine in a tall shot glass, needle side down. I make sure to leave about .02 of air next to the stopper to push everything out through the needle.

3) I use a single pin to draw everything, and I use an insulin pin for drawing. Draw into an insulin pin, then use that insulin pin to back fill your capped injection pins (which are also insulin pins). Store as defined in 2 above.

4) there is no four. Fibonacci FTW!

5) Feasibly? I would not hazard a guess. I do one weeks worth of pins at a time. Further, I leave a little air (see 2 above) between the stopper and the oil, both to push out all oil and to reduce the chance of stopper degradation. I don't really know how big a concern that is.
    No concerns with stopper degradation if pre filling a week or even 2 at a time is there? Especially using pharm grade.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by teedoff View Post
    No concerns with stopper degradation if pre filling a week or even 2 at a time is there? Especially using pharm grade.
    Reread my fifth point. There is no hidden data or meaning. There is literally nothing else of value I can add to that.

Thanks gents.

I'm probably overthinking a little

Mma67 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teedoff View Post
    Regardless of pharma grade or not, I’d be a little concerned with stopper degradation.

I’ve prefilled syringes and had some leakage and it also seemed like pip was worse. This is purely anecdotal so it might not have been because of stopper degredation. Solvents and rubber shouldn’t sit together for too long though. I’d be cautious and only do a week at a time. Anything more is putting yourself at risk.

Also, using the same draw needle shouldn’t be an issue if you’re swiping the stopper with an alcohol wipe each draw. In my experience, oils are pretty resistant to getting bacterial contamination. Just don’t accidentally inject with the draw needle… I’ve done that with an 18g and it hurt for a week.

XBiker is offline Retired Vet
    Thanks gents.

I'm probably overthinking a little
    You're being cautious and careful, there's nothing wrong with that line of thinking.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by XBiker View Post
    You're being cautious and careful, there's nothing wrong with that line of thinking.
    Dang man, it's been a while since I saw you online. Glad you dropped in.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

The stoppers have been fine up to 2 weeks (haven't kept preloaded longer than that).

Have however purchased some sealed vials. Mostly because I'm finding the backfill method a pain in the a$$ (not literally) to measure accurately for microdosing.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    The stoppers have been fine up to 2 weeks (haven't kept preloaded longer than that).

Have however purchased some sealed vials. Mostly because I'm finding the backfill method a pain in the a$$ (not literally) to measure accurately for microdosing.
    I like the sterile vials for holding leftovers from amps.

I also have a little issue sometimes trying to get the backfill amounts spot on. This is mostly an issue when drawing into a smaller syringe (like .3 ml) and getting bubbles in it. I do only use these with water based things (like peptides, hcg , hgh, etc). Unfortunately, those are the ones I want to be the most precise with...

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    I like the sterile vials for holding leftovers from amps.

I also have a little issue sometimes trying to get the backfill amounts spot on. This is mostly an issue when drawing into a smaller syringe (like .3 ml) and getting bubbles in it. I do only use these with water based things (like peptides, hcg, hgh, etc). Unfortunately, those are the ones I want to be the most precise with...
    Agree. Also moving to slin pins rather than separate syringe/30 pin gives me less anxiety about losing 0.01ml in the syringe when injecting only 0.05!

My main concern was purchasing truely sealed and sterile vials in my location. Last time I bought online, a year or so ago, they arrived in bubble wrap with the lids unsealed etc etc. Seem to have found a good supplier after a few weeks of searching
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Agree. Also moving to slin pins rather than separate syringe/30 pin gives me less anxiety about losing 0.01ml in the syringe when injecting only 0.05!

My main concern was purchasing truely sealed and sterile vials in my location. Last time I bought online, a year or so ago, they arrived in bubble wrap with the lids unsealed etc etc. Seem to have found a good supplier after a few weeks of searching
    You can reconstitute with more water to make it a bit easier to draw a reasonable amount. Well, if you are dealing with peptides or water based items. With oil, I would just look for lower concentration gear.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No, use the damn thing, unless your immu-comprised or something, just stick it in you. The temple is strong, perhaps a MD will provide correction but unless you run a knife through and down your muscle, it isn't problem. Get the juice and do it, stop worrying. Max your half=life and all that stuff but your body is programmed to be strong.

Thread Information