Thread: acne

bulkyboy is offline Junior Member

Unhappy acne

ive just got my doc to prescribe me oxytetracycline for my mild acne due to sust,deca ,d-bol cource,4 weeks into,will it affect my gains? hope it works so i can get my vest back on in gym. ive got mates who never get any spots and they been juicing far longer than me,i hant got it that bad just around the shoulders and chest. hate it

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Did he suggest Acutaine ?

NickHex81 is offline Associate Member
    Tetracycline is not going to do anything. You need accutane.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by bulkyboy
    ive just got my doc to prescribe me oxytetracycline for my mild acne due to sust,deca,d-bol cource,4 weeks into,will it affect my gains? hope it works so i can get my vest back on in gym. ive got mates who never get any spots and they been juicing far longer than me,i hant got it that bad just around the shoulders and chest. hate it
    Why take an internal drug when you can use a guaranteed topical shampoo?

NIZORAL BABBBBY!!!

That solution is complements of Hooker, source:
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...ighlight=bacne

Forget the acne soaps. Wash your back with Nizoral Shampoo (no, really). This is really weird, but that shampoo (the chemical in it is Ketoconazole) is a topical anti-androgen but it's effects are limited to the skin/scalp unless you take the pill form (or drink the shampoo). The results indicate that oral intake of itraconazole will result in therapeutic levels in the skin and these levels vary, depending on the region of skin tested. There are at least three routes of delivery of oral ketoconazole to the skin:

1. Passive uptake by keratinocytes in the basal layer

2. Excretion through the sweat glands

3. (The important one) A massive excretion through the sebaceous glands

Sebum levels compared with the plasma levels are very high, even with oral ingestion, which prompted researchers to simply create a shampoo from the base chemical, to prevent androgenic alopecia (balding). There is almost no effective plasma level to cause an anti-androgenic effect in your body when you topically apply it.

I figured out that it would prevent acne, when I had some acne on my forehead during my first cycle (8 years ago when I was 19y.o.). I had been using Nizoral to prevent hairloss...anyway, you always get some shampoo on the top of your forehead when you wash your hair, and I noticed only that area was free of acne...sooo... long story short, I started using it as a topical acne treatment and my steroid -induced acne cleared right up. I guess that was my first real theory having anything to do with anabolics or whatever. Then a few years ago, I actually looked for validation on my theory, and found it...this study examines the pill form, but the shampoo is the same active ingredient, and won't have a noticable systemic effect, but rather will have a localized one wherever you apply it (to your bacne in this case).

Int J Tissue React. 1988;10(2):111-3.

The effect of ketoconazole on sebum secretion in patients suffering from acne and seborrhoea.

De Pedrini P, Rapisarda R, Spano G.

Clinica Medica Generale e Terapia Medica Institute, La Sapienza, University of Rome, Italy.

Ketoconazole, an imidazolic antimycotic derivative, has proved to have an antiandrogenous effect, which may be observed to inhibit the adrenal and gonadal steroid synthesis. The authors wished to verify this effect of the drug in men and women suffering from acne and seborrhoea, conditions believed to indicate a heightened androgenous effect in the sebaceous gland. They aimed to do this by studying the cutaneous sebum, which is considered a reliable indirect indicator of androgenous activity. They found a statistically significant decrease in the rate of sebum production in all patients administered with a single daily oral dose of ketoconazole (200 mg). Moreover no untoward side-effects were reported. The anti-androgenous property of ketoconazole would therefore suggest that the drug could be proposed as a useful alternative in the treatment of acne and seborrhoea.

PMID: 2972661 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

M.

Quote Originally Posted by NickHex81
    Tetracycline is not going to do anything. You need accutane.
    Actually thats not tru. I had terrible acny when I was a kid in the days before they had accutane. I got treated with an antibiotic called Mysteclyn V which is still around today. This was 35 years ago. I took it three times a day for five years, and in the first three months the acny was pretty well under control.

Have a look at this stuff as well Proactive

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    it wont effect your gains, however it is filtered by the kidneys, so make sure you take plenty of fluids and add some cranbery extract just for good measure

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    Ive heard that ingesting i believe 4 grams of vitamin b5 will hlep rid your body of acne. There was a post by i believe oldman????? well ill check with that and get back. im going to use it for my next cycle if he had good results.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Ask for tazorotene. Oral antibiotics are not going to do much for the ance, and bound to mess up bacterial balances in your body.

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    Ok, i found the post.
    Actually anabolic CEO took 6 grams of B5 and his bacne cleared up pretty well. Im DEF. gonna do this on my next cycle!
    Heres the link.
    B5....no More Back Acne!!!

spooledup is offline Banned
    powerliftermike has the correct idea. It will destroy alot of the bacteria in your digestive tract that aids in breaking down your food. So it may in fact affect your gains to some extent.

oswaldosalcedo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bulkyboy
    ive just got my doc to prescribe me oxytetracycline for my mild acne due to sust,deca,d-bol cource,4 weeks into,will it affect my gains? hope it works so i can get my vest back on in gym. ive got mates who never get any spots and they been juicing far longer than me,i hant got it that bad just around the shoulders and chest. hate it
    i have used accutane at 40-60 mg.
    acne completely stop.

sides: very dry lips and hands,but who care .....lol.......
    i am bigger!

Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    Actually thats not tru. I had terrible acny when I was a kid in the days before they had accutane. I got treated with an antibiotic called Mysteclyn V which is still around today. This was 35 years ago. I took it three times a day for five years, and in the first three months the acny was pretty well under control.

Have a look at this stuff as well Proactive
    I guess it works for different people. I had bad acne growing up and tetracycline didn't do anything. I had to take accutane, two times within 3 years.

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sin
    it wont effect your gains, however it is filtered by the kidneys, so make sure you take plenty of fluids and add some cranbery extract just for good measure
    I don't know how you can say this when anti-biotics are known to inhibit protein synthesis...thus reducing your gains...i was far into a cycle of sust and was using antibiotics..and 3 days after i stopped my weight started shooting up...use topical medications and the previously mentioned nizoral shampoo and b-5 or accutane

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    because the effects are minimal. countless people use antibiotics every day with no effects on their nutritional state. im sure you believe that in your situation antibiotics made a big difference, but im going to guess it was more in your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolios
    I don't know how you can say this when anti-biotics are known to inhibit protein synthesis...thus reducing your gains...i was far into a cycle of sust and was using antibiotics..and 3 days after i stopped my weight started shooting up...use topical medications and the previously mentioned nizoral shampoo and b-5 or accutane

Big_Flex is offline Junior Member
    Nizoral sucks. I've used it for 10 weeks straight and nothing. The best thing I've used is accutane. I'm on it right now with the gear. It helps to speed up the drying of the acne. Tetracycline and all the other cyclines will destroy the bacteria in your body, good and bad. I'd rather just take the tane.

I guess it works for different people. I had bad acne growing up and tetracycline didn't do anything. I had to take accutane, two times within 3 years.
    Owned ? How old are you ? 12 ? You have you opinion and I have mine mate !!

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    I am using Nizoral 1% shampoo and taking 2 grams of B5 and 100mg of B6 and mine has cleared up very well. I am still getting some breakouts but I am working my ass off in cardio and sweating like a pig.

It took about 2 weeks to kick in really good.

This is help me a lot.. I did not want to use accutane as the doctor told me it is very hard on the liver and blood work should be done more often to watch levels.

anyway give this a try and see if it works. Very cheap too

Oldman

Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    Owned ? How old are you ? 12 ? You have you opinion and I have mine mate !!
    No dude, I was saying that I was having to take accutane twice.

No dude, I was saying that I was having to take accutane twice.
    I appologise !

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    tetrocyclone (sp?) is useless man. my mom works in a dermotology office, she brings home so much crap, that makes my face worse because of all the chemical's and stuff. i've noticed the best you can do (other than Accutane) is the good ol' clerasil

tetrocyclone (sp?) is useless man. my mom works in a dermotology office, she brings home so much crap, that makes my face worse because of all the chemical's and stuff. i've noticed the best you can do (other than Accutane) is the good ol' clerasil

Big_Flex is offline Junior Member
    Repost. But that's cool that your mom works at the dermatologist ofice. I bet you get a lot of free samples. Do you get free accutane? I doubt it, right? Probably cuz it's a massively controlled substance and it could cause birth defects to women.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Flex
    Repost. But that's cool that your mom works at the dermatologist ofice. I bet you get a lot of free samples. Do you get free accutane? I doubt it, right? Probably cuz it's a massively controlled substance and it could cause birth defects to women.
    if i were to add it all up, i bet we have nearly.... $800 worth of random lotions, cleansers and stuff that my mom can just take from from rep's that come into her office. that stuff is so expensive, like a bottle of "Aveno Hand Lotion" is about, $18, i got about, 10-12 in one of our closets, and 1 in every room. thats just 1 item for example haha. but she cant get accutane because you need liver blood work done before you can get it, i tried haha.

oswaldosalcedo is offline Senior Member
    accutane

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    I'm using Oxytetracycline now. I'll update on its results.

WelshWarrior is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magic32
    Why take an internal drug when you can use a guaranteed topical shampoo?

NIZORAL BABBBBY!!!

That solution is complements of Hooker, source:
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...ighlight=bacne

Forget the acne soaps. Wash your back with Nizoral Shampoo (no, really). This is really weird, but that shampoo (the chemical in it is Ketoconazole) is a topical anti-androgen but it's effects are limited to the skin/scalp unless you take the pill form (or drink the shampoo). The results indicate that oral intake of itraconazole will result in therapeutic levels in the skin and these levels vary, depending on the region of skin tested. There are at least three routes of delivery of oral ketoconazole to the skin:

1. Passive uptake by keratinocytes in the basal layer

2. Excretion through the sweat glands

3. (The important one) A massive excretion through the sebaceous glands

Sebum levels compared with the plasma levels are very high, even with oral ingestion, which prompted researchers to simply create a shampoo from the base chemical, to prevent androgenic alopecia (balding). There is almost no effective plasma level to cause an anti-androgenic effect in your body when you topically apply it.

I figured out that it would prevent acne, when I had some acne on my forehead during my first cycle (8 years ago when I was 19y.o.). I had been using Nizoral to prevent hairloss...anyway, you always get some shampoo on the top of your forehead when you wash your hair, and I noticed only that area was free of acne...sooo... long story short, I started using it as a topical acne treatment and my steroid -induced acne cleared right up. I guess that was my first real theory having anything to do with anabolics or whatever. Then a few years ago, I actually looked for validation on my theory, and found it...this study examines the pill form, but the shampoo is the same active ingredient, and won't have a noticable systemic effect, but rather will have a localized one wherever you apply it (to your bacne in this case).

Int J Tissue React. 1988;10(2):111-3.

The effect of ketoconazole on sebum secretion in patients suffering from acne and seborrhoea.

De Pedrini P, Rapisarda R, Spano G.

Clinica Medica Generale e Terapia Medica Institute, La Sapienza, University of Rome, Italy.

Ketoconazole, an imidazolic antimycotic derivative, has proved to have an antiandrogenous effect, which may be observed to inhibit the adrenal and gonadal steroid synthesis. The authors wished to verify this effect of the drug in men and women suffering from acne and seborrhoea, conditions believed to indicate a heightened androgenous effect in the sebaceous gland. They aimed to do this by studying the cutaneous sebum, which is considered a reliable indirect indicator of androgenous activity. They found a statistically significant decrease in the rate of sebum production in all patients administered with a single daily oral dose of ketoconazole (200 mg). Moreover no untoward side-effects were reported. The anti-androgenous property of ketoconazole would therefore suggest that the drug could be proposed as a useful alternative in the treatment of acne and seborrhoea.

PMID: 2972661 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

M.

This is bunk. It's had no effect on my pct bacne.

Thread Information