aPlinker is offline Junior Member

Creatine during clen cycle?

So I am starting a 6 week clen cutting cycle tomorrow. I will be using the keto method.
    Stats:
    ht:6'1"
    wt:194
    bf%: 15-17
    exp: lifting on and off for 5 years, been serious about it for about 2 years

Currently lifting by the Layne Norton Power/Hypertrophy split

Starting with 60mcgs/day clen and working up to 100-120 depending on how it affects me.

Will be taking keto for 7 days during the 3rd and 6th week.

I will be eating in a slight calorie defeceit at around 2500cals (50/30/20; P/C/F) and doing cardio for about an hour 4-5 days a week.

I will also be lifting heavy during this cycle and just wanted to know if it is advisable to take creatine or not during a clen cycle.

The creatine is Controlled Labs GreenMagnitude, one of the reasons I want to take it is to help keep muscle mass and also because it provides 2gs of taurine per serving.

What is your guys' opinion on taking this during a clen cycle? Thanks for the help

CoolStroybro is offline Junior Member
    Bro , it is not like Clen is a steroid or something. Take it easy bro.

big_ron is offline Anabolic Member
    The only issue i can see with it is water gains, if your looking to look dry with using clen this may effect your goals

Quote Originally Posted by big_ron View Post
    The only issue i can see with it is water gains, if your looking to look dry with using clen this may effect your goals
    Yea thats what I was thinking as well. I may just get some taurine pills and not take creatine while on the clen

Anyone else have an opinion on this?

SergeantCarbs is offline Associate Member
    I agree the problem with creatine will be water retention. While at a calorie deficit and trying to lose weight, water fluxuation will make trying to judge your ongoing progress difficult.

If your diet is really good, you should wind up with a 90%/10% loss ratio from fat to lbm. Adding clen in there will eliminate that for those weeks. So at that point I dont see the creatine being much of a benefit.

Thread Information