Beroo is offline Junior Member

Natural test levels

I know there highest when your young but I'm 19 and wondering if in about 5 years I should expect my testosterone levels to be at there highest, a bit lower than now or about the same. I'm natural, and this is also assuming I will be natty for the next 5 years, no cycles. So I'm basically wondering if they peak at around 18 or 25?

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    This greatly depends on the individual however it is accepted that during youth (ages 14-20), free testosterone levels are at their highest.
    Do not ask me for a source check.

Beroo is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    This greatly depends on the individual however it is accepted that during youth (ages 14-20), free testosterone levels are at their highest.
    Ok thanks

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beroo View Post
    I know there highest when your young but I'm 19 and wondering if in about 5 years I should expect my testosterone levels to be at there highest, a bit lower than now or about the same. I'm natural, and this is also assuming I will be natty for the next 5 years, no cycles. So I'm basically wondering if they peak at around 18 or 25?

The Endrocrine system upregulates hormones up until the age of 25 or so. Then it levels out and starts to downregulate hormones. Your metabolism slows, and after 30 your test levels decline between 1-3% a year.

kmms is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brohim View Post
    The Endrocrine system upregulates hormones up until the age of 25 or so. Then it levels out and starts to downregulate hormones. Your metabolism slows, and after 30 your test levels decline between 1-3% a year.

youngsters should keep in mind that this is a natural process but there are no absolutes. a 20y.o. kid who smokes two packs a day, drinks a few beers, eats fast food and stays out all night can easily have less total and free test than a 40 y.o. man who understands and games the system.

Does alcohol abuse at a young age (binge drinking once or twice a week) say from 15-22 have a negative affect of testosterone production? Any studies that back up either side? Always wondered if my drinking was a contributary cause of my low T.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by S&S_ShovelHead View Post
    Does alcohol abuse at a young age (binge drinking once or twice a week) say from 15-22 have a negative affect of testosterone production? Any studies that back up either side? Always wondered if my drinking was a contributary cause of my low T.
    i found a really long article regarding this issue. see if it helps.

http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publicatio...-4/282-287.htm

just found these on peak testosterone for reference...

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Alco...tosterone.aspx

7) Alcohol, Jan-Feb 1984, 1(1):89-93, "Sex hormones and adrenocortical steroids in men acutely intoxicated with ethanol"

8) Bone, 2009 Sep, 45(3):449-54, Epub 2009 May 18, "Effect of alcohol consumption on bone mineral density and hormonal parameters in physically active male soldiers"

9) Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research, Published Online 13 Apr 2006, 28(5):***-785

and from wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_and_sex

"Men's sexual behaviors can be affected dramatically by alcohol. Both chronic and acute alcohol consumption have been shown in most [3][4][5] (but not all[6]) studies to inhibit testosterone production in the testes. This is believed to be caused by the metabolism of alcohol reducing the NAD+/NADH ratio both in the liver and the testes; since the synthesis of testosterone requires NAD+, this tends to reduce testosterone production.[7][8]"

Thread Information