Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    zap2 is offline Junior Member
    i want some free fights i can't afford them right now

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    As far as UFC, KOTC, Pride being main draws in $$'s etc in the US as bouncer said, it needs to be promoted better than it is. It's promoted more like wrestling than a sports event. The skills that these guys have is amazing, and when you look back to the Royce Gracies being as small as he was and beating a guy like Severn Mr. All-Amer-Wresler, they could have taken that and said instead of we're in cage watch us kick the **** out of each other to. The art of MMA! Here in America, where everything seems offensive, to some people and the other people are afraid of what those people will think BS, a guy like Howard Stern can say the same word as Oprah, but because of the Stigma of being Howard Stern, he'll get boned before Orca does....
    They need to make it more of a sport, the started already by adding weight divisions and such, but they need to promote it and make it more appealing to the mainstream. I'll take Frank Shamrock over a Roy Jones, because it's not just about throwing...you need skills, and that is what needs to be shown! Technically, Pride is the best promotion in the world right now, and if UFC took it out of the cage maybe and put it in a ring and promoted the art and the sport it would be easier to take. Instead of the back streets, put it on rodeo drive...people are afraid of what they MIGHT see, not that except for Silva howmany breaks have there been in UFC over the last year? Tank Abbot (who lost to Mir just like Silva did)? Who else? there has been more boxers die over the last 10 years than MMA fighters...But, the stigma in the MMA world is that of Bloodsport and such...
    I love PRIDE, UFC AND MMA, I love going to my classes and sparring and just working my ass off. I've had the hardest workouts doing my classes...just practicing a trianlge or ankle lock hurts. Hell sparring is unreal...harder than when I boxed. But people don't see that, they HEAR things and that's allthey know.

SID

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    Mirko Cro-Cop - Quinton Jackson

whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    belfort, couture, emilianko fedor

zap2 is offline Junior Member

ripsid

I don't see what is so great about boxing. Sure its two people fighting but with UFC/MMA there is more to it then just punching someone. If boxing can be as popular as it is then why can't UFC/MMA, they are way more fun to watch and although the dangers are higher, you still don't see them that often. Like ripsid said there has been more people die do to boxing then UFC/MMA in the last year.

realmxofxnoise is offline Junior Member
    I still love Mark Kerr. An amazing wrestler, probably the best around, and just a hell of a guy! No ego, macho bull****, just a good guy! But there are plenty of good fighters. I'm definitely a Pride fan though, UFC ****in' sucks pretty much!

Cyto78 is offline Junior Member
    "RICKSON GRACIE" His innate talent and early mastery of the sport have resulted in an impeccable undefeated record in more than 400 fights, Jiu-Jitsu tournaments, free-style wrestling, Sambo, open weight free-style competitions, and no holds barred challenge matches!

All the Gracies are some of the best in the world......but IMO I do not believe there is a fighter in the world that can beat Rickson!

dynamike is offline Associate Member
    Hmmm... i think the gracies killed my interest in ufc..I appreciate their skillls..and the gaurd is an excellent defense/offense...but a drag to watch...for my money I prefer K -1..and Pride..i still love watching these first few ufs though when it was amazing....

Grappler_Mike is offline New Member
    Rickson couldnt compete with the new breed of fighter,he would be totally outclassed.

scottvette is offline New Member
    Cro-Cop and Tank

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    there are so many. I'll try to do them in order.
    belfort, abbott, mir, kimo, shamrock, couture, fedor, baroni. there are just so many to name.

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member
    Bas Rutten, Randy Couture, Mirko Cro Cop, Kenny Shamrock in that order.

Badmofo is offline New Member

Rampage

Quinton Jackson , i met him at a shooto championship here in hawaii about 2 weeks after he slamed the **** out of Ricardo Arona, his eye was still all ****ed up. But he was real cool and down to earth. I got my picture with him, it was kinda funny cause no one around us really knew who he was. But yeah Jackson , Coture, belfort, silva, and cro cop

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    frank shamrock hands down

More Power is offline New Member
    Fedor!

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    crocop

fullback40 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by realmxofxnoise
    I still love Mark Kerr. An amazing wrestler, probably the best around, and just a hell of a guy! No ego, macho bull****, just a good guy! But there are plenty of good fighters. I'm definitely a Pride fan though, UFC ****in' sucks pretty much!
    Yeah - this guy was an enigma. If you watched "smashing machine" you can see his demise begining with the rules changes in pride (no knees or elbows on the ground) and his hanger-on, co-dependant girlfriend. I couldnt believe it when they showed him getting out of bed in the a.m., shooting nubain IV before training. These fighters change as the sport evolves though. Being a Jiu-Jitsu enthusist, I like the grapplers, like Bustamante,etc.

Div1Wrestler is offline Junior Member
    I have a soft spot for all the wrestler's That are in MMA.........

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    coture is the best out there now at light heavy

Georgie is offline Member
    Hughes is my favorite. He was my teammate then assistant wrestling coach at Eastern Illinois University. It was always painful wrestling that guy.

Vitor belfor is a gangstar

BigRandy is offline Associate Member
    liddell, lawler, and couture

Slick Arrado is offline Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    i met his brother!!!!! vixi is that you in the pic (avatar)

I met Ken Shamrock at the Lion's Den in Dallas. He's real cool and down to Earth. He's my favorite because he was one of the pioneers for MMA fighters and he's tough as hell. I have to add that Couture is one tough SOB, too. :spudniklu

yannick32 is offline Associate Member
    Quinton Jackson is my favortie and Cro Cop too, dont know is Sakuraba retiered but he was quit amazing too.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    shamrock's and liddell

billy_ba is offline Associate Member
    coture, silva, and my friend diego sanchez who I predict will be the next 169lb ufc champ. He is 13-0(mma), and 3-0 (pro boxing), kotc 169lb champ, 3 time qrapplers quest gold medalist and team USA Abu Dhabi representative at 169lbs. He is going to be on the new reality show Ultimate Fighter that is to be aired on spike tv.
    Last edited by billy_ba; 10-19-2004 at 02:49 PM.

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Ken Shamrock, Randy Couture, Andre arlovski

imann is offline Member
    Vitor Belford........he's a tough little S.O.B.
    I have respect for warriors of the ring!

The Smashing Machine.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Noone said MARC KERR????

hes my favorite of all time. what a great fighter to watch. and his drug addiction was his downfall (also that bitch he has for a wife)

Therocksbiggestfan is offline Associate Member
    my favorite fighters are

for grappleing: Matt Serra

for standup: Chuck Liddell

for being the allaround best fighter i would say....Tito Ortiz

davinci191 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Therocksbiggestfan
    my favorite fighters are

for grappleing: Matt Serra

for standup: Chuck Liddell

for being the allaround best fighter i would say....Tito Ortiz
    For the best all around fighter I have to go with Fedor! There is nobody in this game rite now that can contend with him.But if have to choose I think Mirko Cro-Cop is the best contender for him rite now, and I think he will get raped just like the rest of them!!!! Speaking of which I can't ****in wait for this fight bros! Your all invited over my crib this June! This is gunna be the shizzy!!!!!!

for grappleing: Fedor!

for standup: Fedor!

davinci191 is offline Junior Member
    But hell yea! I cant leave out my dog, Mark Kerr!!!!!! Best **** shot in the buisness!

submissionman is offline Junior Member
    Frank Shamrock and Phil Baroni for sure!

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    i've only seen one fight, where he annihilated cabbage, but it impressed me so much i'd have to say andrei arlovsky. the dude is so ripped and quick and technical and pretty to watch- he really needs to wax though.

mkv213 is offline Member
    This thread is old but I thought I'd add mine. I really like watching Yves Edwards

deuce-is-loose is offline Associate Member
    Can anyone guess who mine is ?

Box This* is offline Associate Member
    Tito and silva they both just dont give a flying fuc...cant believe chuck dumped tito he made a mistake playing stand up ...tito is about ground and pound...silva is about sit down or ill knock u down

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    i met frank shamrock and he was such a nice guy, real down to earth. he is def my fav.
    yup ....Frank has my vote!

crazydick is offline Junior Member
    I believe the potential growth for MMA is bigger than boxing, because it is such a dynamic sport. As the fans become educated they will understand what is actually going on. For example, They will understand that that they are going for mount, or an armbar, not just rolling around the ground. How the sport is promoted has a huge impact on its popularity. Stars like Ken, Frank, Randy, and Chuck help support the sport a great deal because they are class acts. You can tell that they are intellegent when they are describing how they won the fight. They don't sound like alot of other athletes like a "da Im gonna punch him alot and then au I hit him and a he a fell down, then a I'm a badass"... I think the sport will continue to grow as long as we have guys like Randy, Ken, Frank and Chuck and all the other fighters mentioned in this thread.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information