Thread: Few Questions!!

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member

Few Questions!!

1. How strict is a diet for someone in MMA when preparing for a fight?

2. What is the "Typical" steroid cycle for a MMA fighter(For the guys that use ofcourse) and what would it consist of?

I would think that a calorie reduced diet wouldnt be the way to go in MMA unless your trying to drop down a weight class... Because of all the cardio I would think your calorie demand would be higher.

I'm not quite sure what a cycle would look like... I'm assuming winstrol /Test/Deca (for joints) and probably Halotestin or Cheque drops 2 weeks out before a fight. Let me know what you think.

I may be way off with this.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    FRom www.ringside.com 'nutrition for boxers'

http://www.ringside.com/articles/nutritionforboxers.htm

As regards the steroid question, what you'll get is going to be either pure speculation or someone who knows which fighters were proof positive for certain steroids and had it publicised.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Well the truth is 99%of pro MMA competitions/promotions dont test for steroids because it costs too much and takes too much for them to do it for every fighter. The only competition that made it mandatory is the UFC. So steroid use is ok as long as you arent in the UFC. Amateur especially you can be on anything, i've seen the most jacked up juiced up guys fighting in amateur fights!

The problem is in MMA you want to be at your lightest weight possible, but also be the strongest in your weight division. The reson i stay light is because the hits hurt a lot less in the lighter weights and it becomes more dependant on technique!!

What you want to do is eat all you can eat without guilt, but balance it out by adding some intense interval cardio sessions in your weekly routine. This way you dont lose any weight but you get more defined and keep your muscle. Also seperate your weigh training from your fighting and cardio training by several hours if you do them the same day, i lift weights early in the morning and train in fighting late in the evening. That allows me time to recover from the morning training and get lots of food and protein in between, sometimes even a short nap! I would do it the other way around if i could because cardio is good in the morning, but my team only trains in the evening so i have to so it this way.

Thats my theory man, cheat on your eating to get some extra calories to help you get through cardio without losing muscles. And you will build a base endurance/stamina. 2weeks before your fight you can increase the cardio, less weight training and drink lots of water to get your kidneys used to making you piss a lot, so on the last 2days you can carb load and lessen fluids in order to lose water weight while your kidneys are still on the 'releaseing' mode.

You might wan to stay away from competing when you are on steroids that are harsh on your joints, wait till you are done with a cycle and then go with Glucousamine and other joint support formulas while you are cutting!

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    well said kew44, im checking that site out now bouncer

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member
    Cool, good info... Thanks fellaz

Thread Information