Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cuttup is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    Doesn't really matter, its doubtful that they'll ever fight eachother again.
    you are right,..Benard will be retireing soon

511220 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuttup
    Im a huge, HUGE Bernard Hopkins fan,..but I totally disagree. Roy lost to Tarver in the 2nd fight but won the 1st. 2nd thinig is Tarver walks around at 215 lbs before his fights,.he is a heavy weight who barely makes it in as a light heavy weight,..my opnion when he knocked Roy out is ,..Roy basically got hit dead on by a Heavy weighter! As far as Glen Johnson,.the man plain out worked hard,.out muscled Roy and caught him with a awesome right hand,..I feel Roy still had alot of demons with him from his 1st lost against Tarver and wasnt mentaly ready for the fight with Johnson,...I truly dont think Bernard has the Power to out muscle Roy nor Knock him out,..not to mention Roy is twice as fast.
    I agree with you...Hopkins is a true middleweight, just like DeLahoya a true 147lber. Oscar couldnt hang at 160 and Hopkins would be out of his game at 175.

Although these are two of the greatest fighters of all time, moving up in weight can crush you.

Quote Originally Posted by 511220
    I agree with you...Hopkins is a true middleweight, just like DeLahoya a true 147lber. Oscar couldnt hang at 160 and Hopkins would be out of his game at 175.

Although these are two of the greatest fighters of all time, moving up in weight can crush you.

I agree bro...

Box This* is offline Associate Member
    Guys can we keep the boxers to one boxer so i can add them up at the end because the thread is kinda going sidewards and will be hard to see what people have picked.

But there is some good knowledge of boxing here and a couple of different views..i think one person even said amir khan...i hate to piss on your fire dude but he hasnt had his first pro fight yet...but good to see youve backed him.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Quote Originally Posted by Box This*
    Guys can we keep the boxers to one boxer so i can add them up at the end because the thread is kinda going sidewards and will be hard to see what people have picked.

But there is some good knowledge of boxing here and a couple of different views..i think one person even said amir khan...i hate to piss on your fire dude but he hasnt had his first pro fight yet...but good to see youve backed him.
    If you wanted to add up the totals why didn't you make it a poll?

nsa
    Actually Roy Jones just acknowledged a possible fight between him and Hopkins on the HBO telecast of the tarver - johnson fight.

If you wanted to add up the totals why didn't you make it a poll?
    Because as you can see theres alot more boxers involved then to make a poll.

Actually Roy Jones just acknowledged a possible fight between him and Hopkins on the HBO telecast of the tarver - johnson fight.
    SWEET

alphaman is offline Member

After watching that fight(last night), I just can't believe Glen Johnson beat Roy Jones. I saw the fight(johnson-jones), I just can't believe it.

nsa
    Because as you can see theres alot more boxers involved then to make a poll.
    Thats why you can make an other option and check their post to see who the other is...

So what are they planning to do ? Jones shed a couple of pounds or hopkins put it on.

Dont get me wrong but roy jones was a great and probably one of the best but his time has gone and i realy think he should just hang up his gloves to avoid any embarrisment.

On the other hand Hopkins* Why the **** wont he come up a wieght to fight calzache because hes hiding from him and is scared his time will come and he will become what roy jones is now an over the hill middle wieght.

End of chat.

nsa
    So what are they planning to do ? Jones shed a couple of pounds or hopkins put it on.

Dont get me wrong but roy jones was a great and probably one of the best but his time has gone and i realy think he should just hang up his gloves to avoid any embarrisment.

On the other hand Hopkins* Why the **** wont he come up a wieght to fight calzache because hes hiding from him and is scared his time will come and he will become what roy jones is now an over the hill middle wieght.

End of chat.
    Thats BS...

Hopkins isn't scared, why won't calzaghe come down in weight. Hopkins is the undisputed middleweight champ. Calzaghe i scared that Hopkins will ruin his record...

Hopkins is a true middleweight. 20 times defending his titles. He's never moved in weight. I certainly wouldn't be doing that at 40.

A couple years ago he was calling out RJJ to meet him in the middle at 168. Roy called for a 60/40 purse split in his favor. Hopkins felt he had more to bring to the table but RJJ had beat him once before and felt like he was the one to beat.

As far as Hopkins and who he should fight, Calzache at super middleweight is scary. Winky at middleweight is equally as scary. And IMO RJJ would dispose of him handily at 168 and a no-contest at 175.

I think Hopkins should get through this big kid Jermaine Taylor and hang the gloves up a great champion.

BT, keep this thread alive for the best p4p. After ample time take all the names listed as the best and then create a poll.

Just a thought,

Winky is definately a threat...no question about it. To add to the previous posts,,,Yes RJJ ofered Hopkins 60/40.. but Hopkins would have made triple what he made fighting Delahoya...I wonder why he didnt take that!

Hopkins is a true middleweight. 20 times defending his titles. He's never moved in weight. I certainly wouldn't be doing that at 40.

A couple years ago he was calling out RJJ to meet him in the middle at 168. Roy called for a 60/40 purse split in his favor. Hopkins felt he had more to bring to the table but RJJ had beat him once before and felt like he was the one to beat.

As far as Hopkins and who he should fight, Calzache at super middleweight is scary. Winky at middleweight is equally as scary. And IMO RJJ would dispose of him handily at 168 and a no-contest at 175.

I think Hopkins should get through this big kid Jermaine Taylor and hang the gloves up a great champion.

Thats BS...

Hopkins isn't scared, why won't calzaghe come down in weight. Hopkins is the undisputed middleweight champ. Calzaghe i scared that Hopkins will ruin his record...
    It would be impossible for calzache to come down in wieght he has to train and diet realy hard to make super middle...but hopkins could realisticly come up to fight him..if hopkins truly thought he would beat him then he would move up but he wont...calzache is in a no win situation if he moves up in wieght roy jones has said a fight with him is out of the question and so did johnson...so now he is forced to fight lacey in november hopfully in my home city of cardiff where also hatton will fight iether mayweather or corrales wich would make a great fight for hatton but not a great purse for calzache..so in order for a great fight i wanna see calzache and hopkins get it on and give the public what they want to see a title fight not a mickey mouse champion and a road sweeper to great champions .

Winky is definately a threat...no question about it. To add to the previous posts,,,Yes RJJ ofered Hopkins 60/40.. but Hopkins would have made triple what he made fighting Delahoya...I wonder why he didnt take that!
    THats right its all about the payday..and thats why the money is so big in america because we got to admit it we love the mexicans and hispanics and they know they will get a great viewing.

Hard to really say. Thats what I really dislike about boxing today. There is so much money in promotion, network and PPV rev's that it's not really about the best fighting the best. I would like to see it put in brackets within a season. It would be a lot easier to call a pound for pound best then, wouldnt it?

I know you and I disagree about who was dodging who in regards to Tyson and maybe others but for the most part it's not the boxers who avoid inking the deal. You are right, Tyson would fight anyone...so would hopkins and many other champs, but there is so much behind the scenes BS in this sport that has fans dissapointed. Many times greats don't meet in the ring, AS THEY SHOULD!

Think about this, just like Serena and Venus. Vladi and Vitali would have the possibility of meeting every season.

nsa
    It would be impossible for calzache to come down in wieght he has to train and diet realy hard to make super middle...but hopkins could realisticly come up to fight him..if hopkins truly thought he would beat him then he would move up but he wont...
    He's not afraid of calzaghe. Hopkins is a true middleweight, not a super middleweight. He's just solidifying his place as one of the greatest middleweights ever. It makes no sense at all for Hopkins to move up in weight, he's the undisputed middleweight champ and has been for a while now...

He's not afraid of calzaghe. Hopkins is a true middleweight, not a super middleweight. He's just solidifying his place as one of the greatest middleweights ever. It makes no sense at all for Hopkins to move up in weight, he's the undisputed middleweight champ and has been for a while now...
    Ok hopkins is invincible and will never dodge anyone...apart from staying in a devision wich is partly dead at the moment..but like you said he will fight jones again..im sorry but isnt jones 2 wieghts heavier then hopkins and calzache is only 1 wieght heavier wich means they would both be in the same catagory...both jones and hopkins are and have been avoiding calzache period..go read articles from like 3-4 years ago then come back and tell me if you think there not dodging him.

Ill save you the time..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/wales/1305307.stm
    Last edited by Box This*; 06-19-2005 at 02:29 PM.

nsa
    Ha your funny, i never said anything about Hopkins being unbeatable, but i do love when people start putting words in my mouth. But it's obvious that your from England and have a hard-on for Calzaghe, which is how you spell his last name BTW not Calzache. And its also funny that Hopkins is somehow dodging a fighter in a different weight class, all the while fighting the top contenders in his own class...

theres another... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/wales/1991289.stm

If theres one thing i hate is arm chair boxers.

Ha your funny, i never said anything about Hopkins being unbeatable, but i do love when people start putting words in my mouth. But it's obvious that your from England and have a hard-on for Calzaghe, which is how you spell his last name BTW not Calzache. And its also funny that Hopkins is somehow dodging a fighter in a different weight class, all the while fighting the top contenders in his own class...
    Oops sorry if ide known it was a spelling test ide put my sisterby the side of me
    :P

nsa
    What does that article say about him ducking calzaghe???

nsa
    Oops sorry if ide known it was a spelling test ide put my sisterby the side of me
    :P
    Bro you don't even know how to spell the last name of the man who owns the d!ck you've been sucking???

What does that article say about him ducking calzaghe???
    Dude this conversation is over your boring me.

nsa
    Dude this conversation is over your boring me.
    Can you spell

I love it when people get personal it means they done have anything intelligent to say about the general topic.

nsa
    I've said what i've had to say and you bowed out of the discussion before i did. You have no argument, your saying that someone is ducking an oppenent in a higher weight class. Makes no sense. And saying that the middleweight division is dead makes no sense, Winky Wright, Taylor, De la hoya, vargas, mayorga, yeah its real dead. If anyone really wants to fight Hopkin's they would come down to his weight class, but no one in there right mind would come down in weight to fight someone like Hopkins cuz they would get a loss on their record for it.

nsa
    I love it when people get personal it means they done have anything intelligent to say about the general topic.
    .... and somebody is out of this discussion...

YES, I agree and ITS ASHAME WHAT THE SPORT HAS TUNED INTO...WE NEED more fights like Gatti and Ward!!!!!!

Hard to really say. Thats what I really dislike about boxing today. There is so much money in promotion, network and PPV rev's that it's not really about the best fighting the best. I would like to see it put in brackets within a season. It would be a lot easier to call a pound for pound best then, wouldnt it?

I know you and I disagree about who was dodging who in regards to Tyson and maybe others but for the most part it's not the boxers who avoid inking the deal. You are right, Tyson would fight anyone...so would hopkins and many other champs, but there is so much behind the scenes BS in this sport that has fans dissapointed. Many times greats don't meet in the ring, AS THEY SHOULD!

Think about this, just like Serena and Venus. Vladi and Vitali would have the possibility of meeting every season.

YES, I agree and ITS ASHAME WHAT THE SPORT HAS TUNED INTO...WE NEED more fights like Gatti and Ward!!!!!!
    Also fights from barrera and morales..wow 2 toe to toe punchers you dont get that much no more...do u remeber the benn and mclellen fight ?

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/BennvsMclellen.html

Its very sad that 2 of 4 best middle wieghts of that time were disabled due to fernominal boxing.

nsa
    Which fight?

Which fight?
    exactly!

Also fights from barrera and morales..wow 2 toe to toe punchers you dont get that much no more...do u remeber the benn and mclellen fight ?

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/BennvsMclellen.html
    that was another unbelievable group of classic fights.

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Muhammed Ali no questions, end of discussion. I cant believe he was only mentioned once in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by sooners04
    Muhammed Ali no questions, end of discussion. I cant believe he was only mentioned once in this thread.
    believe me , if anyone thinks Muhammed is best pout for pound,..its me bro!

nsa
    I think the only reason people didn't say him more often is because he's a heavyweight, and most people are reluctant to name a heavyweight for best pound for pound. He wasn't too heavy IMO and he was extremely talented, not to mention intelligent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information