USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member

Alexander Emelianenko no longer in Pride.

Looks like he's jumped ship to k-1 for a bigger paycheck. Dont be suprised if Fedor does the same.

Sepsis is offline Member
    those two will be untouchable wherever they go.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Really, more $$$ in K-1.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns101
    Really, more $$$ in K-1.

Yeah k-1 is ENORMOUS in japan

Tedbear981 is offline Member
    k-1 is twice the size of pride in japan

Maybe one day Pride will be to K-1 as UFC is to Pride. It will be interesting to see how many of Prides fighters will go to K-1. I wonder what effects this will have on Pride and even UFC.
    Last edited by USfighterFC; 03-21-2006 at 08:38 PM.

USfighterFC.....can you add to your signature the fact that Wanderlei KO'd Jackson in both of their fights.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    More than likely he jumped ship because he has nothing to gain in Pride...he is a HW whose brother owns that division and he cannot cut weight to fight at 205lbs so he was stuck. I am sure they offered him more money but i doubt it was a huge difference. This way Alexander can make a name for his self and not be in big brothers shadow all the time.

I like the move although i will miss him being in Pride. K-1 is slacking on their MMA but if they keep signing people like this, it will get better real quick.

Pride actually killed k-1 in the ratings on New Years Eve I believe. that's the first time Pride ever surpassed K-1. Both pride and K-1 are in dead water and totally stagnant. It's not getting any popular or losing any popularity. It's weird.

Also do not forget about all the Yakuza shit that is going on right now in the media in Japan regarding Pride/DSE.

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Also do not forget about all the Yakuza shit that is going on right now in the media in Japan regarding Pride/DSE.

Yeah apparently they went after Fedor and his brother for something

realmxofxnoise is offline Junior Member
    I'm sad to see AE go to K-1 if it's true. However, this will be good for him! He can easily become HW Champ of K-1 MMA. Shit, he could even do well in their standard K-1 rules matches. I think you're wrong about Fedor jumping ship though. He won't participate in the OWGP but he'll fight the winner to unify the belts.
    Last edited by USfighterFC; 03-22-2006 at 06:46 AM.

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    Wow I would have thought Pride gave the superior paycheck...much more enertaining IMO...

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    i'd like to see some pride guys come take over ufc

Quote Originally Posted by realmxofxnoise
    I'm sad to see AE go to K-1 if it's true. However, this will be good for him! He can easily become HW Champ of K-1 MMA. Shit, he could even do well in their standard K-1 rules matches. I think you're wrong about Fedor jumping ship though. He won't participate in the OWGP but he'll fight the winner to unify the belts.

Nah if your grand prix champ your the grand prix champ, nobody can take that away from you.

Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    Yeah apparently they went after Fedor and his brother for something

Basically it goes something like this..Inoki wanted Fedor to fight in Bom Ba Ya NYE show back in 2003 (i think it was 2003) and DSE/Pride tried their damndest to prevent it and reports are that the Yakuza threatened Inoki's organizers but in the end DSE "allowed" Fedor to fight for Inoki's show. Basically they got some huge $$$$ extorted from Inoki's people or some shit like that. Its all in the papers in Japan and Sakikibara's name has come up with having Yakuza backing him etc.

I will try to find some info on it.
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 03-22-2006 at 08:23 PM.

Yeah i wasnt sure of the specifics. All I know about the Yakuza really is that Enson Inoue runs with them lol.

Quil is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by craneboy
    i'd like to see some pride guys come take over ufc
    I'd like to see Wanderlei Silva v. Chuck Liddell, and Andre Arlovski v. any good Pride heavyweight (Fedor, Cro Cop, Nog).

Quote Originally Posted by Quil
    I'd like to see Wanderlei Silva v. Chuck Liddell, and Andre Arlovski v. any good Pride heavyweight (Fedor, Cro Cop, Nog).
    I second that

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Basically it goes something like this..Inoki wanted Fedor to fight in Bom Ba Ya NYE show back in 2003 (i think it was 2003) and DSE/Pride tried their damndest to prevent it and reports are that the Yakuza threatened Inoki's organizers but in the end DSE "allowed" Fedor to fight for Inoki's show. Basically they got some huge $$$$ extorted from Inoki's people or some shit like that. Its all in the papers in Japan and Sakikibara's name has come up with having Yakuza backing him etc.

I will try to find some info on it.
    if i remember correctly they wanted crocop to fight instead. i don't think the yakuza and fighters ever met faceto face, it was yakuza and the promoters who were at odds.

Sepsis is offline Member
    wandi vs chuck would be awesome, however, AA would get stomped by all three that oyu mentioned!

Quil is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepsis
    wandi vs chuck would be awesome, however, AA would get stomped by all three that oyu mentioned!
    I don't know about all that. AA is an animal...hard to say how he'd fare. He is well versed in Sambo, and his standup is outstanding. He is really relatively untested in the UFC. I think this second AA v Tim Silvia fight will be better than the first, but AA is just too much for him. I was hoping Mir would be able to return to form (which he may, eventually), but it doesn't look like anytime soon.

Of the three I mentioned previously, I think Fedor is the only "sure" thing against Arlovski. I'd love to see any of them fight him, though.

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    Pride actually killed k-1 in the ratings on New Years Eve I believe. that's the first time Pride ever surpassed K-1. Both pride and K-1 are in dead water and totally stagnant. It's not getting any popular or losing any popularity. It's weird.
    u're absolutely correct. they beat them out by 6million viewers but K-1 is still more popular for some reason. perhaps it's because their lighter divisions are dominated by Japanese fighters

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    Looks like he's jumped ship to k-1 for a bigger paycheck. Dont be suprised if Fedor does the same.
    OUCH

Will Pride let go Fedor? or will they offer him a better contract.

Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    Will Pride let go Fedor? or will they offer him a better contract.

I seriously doubt DSE will let go of Fedor. Fedor is a fighter in a class of his own. k-1 offered Fedor to fight 1 fight at 1million$ but Fedor turned it down and resigned with DSE. But DSE is gonna have to pay some serious money in the future to keep him there. Fedor isnt even the top 5th highest paid fighter in Pride. Sakuraba, Ogawa, Yoshida all make about 1 million a fight and when Yoshida and Ogawa fought each other it was 2 million$ a piece. Cro-cop is the highest paid foreign fighter making around i believe 850,000 to fight. Wanderlei Silva makes around 700,000 a fight and Fedor makes around 600,000.

Quil is offline Member
    Wow, and to think UFC pays Liddell, Couture and Hughes under $200,000 to fight. No wonder everybody wants a piece of Pride and K1

realmxofxnoise is offline Junior Member
    I don't know about all that. AA is an animal...hard to say how he'd fare. He is well versed in Sambo, and his standup is outstanding. He is really relatively untested in the UFC. I think this second AA v Tim Silvia fight will be better than the first, but AA is just too much for him. I was hoping Mir would be able to return to form (which he may, eventually), but it doesn't look like anytime soon.

Of the three I mentioned previously, I think Fedor is the only "sure" thing against Arlovski. I'd love to see any of them fight him, though.
    Nah man, he was right! AA would get mauled by all three. The only one he may stand a chance against is Big Nog. Only because his boxing is better, and his subs are pretty good. But I think if it went to the ground, Nog would take it eventually.

Fedor and Cro Cop would definitely take AA. My brother and I were just talking because there is rumors that AA will go to Pride after his UFC contract. I guess Pride is already coming up with a figure to offer him. Shit give him HUNT to begin with. He can't knock Hunt out, however he can be knocked out by hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by realmxofxnoise
    Nah man, he was right! AA would get mauled by all three. The only one he may stand a chance against is Big Nog. Only because his boxing is better, and his subs are pretty good. But I think if it went to the ground, Nog would take it eventually.

Fedor and Cro Cop would definitely take AA. My brother and I were just talking because there is rumors that AA will go to Pride after his UFC contract. I guess Pride is already coming up with a figure to offer him. Shit give him HUNT to begin with. He can't knock Hunt out, however he can be knocked out by hunt.

I think Pride has already made an offer. If he takes the offer the UFC heavyweight division will be in total shambles.

Quil is offline Member
    I think Pride has already made an offer. If he takes the offer the UFC heavyweight division will be in total shambles.
    That's God's honest truth right there. All of a sudden you've got Buentello v Sylvia for the title.....yikes.

Angry

I seriously doubt DSE will let go of Fedor. Fedor is a fighter in a class of his own. k-1 offered Fedor to fight 1 fight at 1million$ but Fedor turned it down and resigned with DSE. But DSE is gonna have to pay some serious money in the future to keep him there. Fedor isnt even the top 5th highest paid fighter in Pride. Sakuraba, Ogawa, Yoshida all make about 1 million a fight and when Yoshida and Ogawa fought each other it was 2 million$ a piece. Cro-cop is the highest paid foreign fighter making around i believe 850,000 to fight. Wanderlei Silva makes around 700,000 a fight and Fedor makes around 600,000.
    HO MY GOD thats just nuts........ 600000$ a fight and he is the best out there.

Thread Information