Quil is offline Member

Any word on Mir?

I was disappointed for Frank in his last fight against Pe De Pano Cruz. Think he just rushed back too soon, although it took him what seemed like forever to get back. Breakin your leg like that is no joke. Not to mention that cut must've been hard to fight through. Hopefully he can pull it back together again...he's very well spoken, professional. Anyone heard any rumors on his next fight?

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quil
    I was disappointed for Frank in his last fight against Pe De Pano Cruz. Think he just rushed back too soon, although it took him what seemed like forever to get back. Breakin your leg like that is no joke. Not to mention that cut must've been hard to fight through. Hopefully he can pull it back together again...he's very well spoken, professional. Anyone heard any rumors on his next fight?

Not sure where he's headed now. He's so over rated. I been saying it forever well before his last fight. I dont think he came back too soon merely because of the physical shape he came into the fight with. He had much more muscle mass and dropped fat so you know he's been in good health for a long time now. I dont see him the UFC much further.

Quil is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    Not sure where he's headed now. He's so over rated. I been saying it forever well before his last fight. I dont think he came back too soon merely because of the physical shape he came into the fight with. He had much more muscle mass and dropped fat so you know he's been in good health for a long time now. I dont see him the UFC much further.
    Yeah, you may be right. He said he was fine, that he took some extra time off after his wife had their 3rd baby. Maybe his heart just wasn't in it. I took a look at his website...he says he is slated to fight in June or July. I'm pulling for him, but I don't know if he'll ever be back to form. Maybe fight in some other organizations for a while, see if its going to work out for him. I really had my hopes up that he might come back and be dominant...get a little competition for Arlovski.

See you said the key word right there. Frank Mir's "heart" This is where he is lacking so bad. Against pe De pano when the ref stopped the fight and checked his cut he asked if he wanted to continue and you can clearly see frank hesitate before he answered. He didnt wanna be in there. Against Jeff Monson he was getting pounded on but he stumbled around at the end of the round hurting (which he prolly was) But guys like Don Frye get their ankles broken in the ring and continue to fight AND win!!! I just dont think he's got the heart to go through a physically tough match. Funny I said the same thing about Arlovski LOL, but with him i'm just speculating, Frank Mir has showed this.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    See you said the key word right there. Frank Mir's "heart" This is where he is lacking so bad. Against pe De pano when the ref stopped the fight and checked his cut he asked if he wanted to continue and you can clearly see frank hesitate before he answered. He didnt wanna be in there. Against Jeff Monson he was getting pounded on but he stumbled around at the end of the round hurting (which he prolly was) But guys like Don Frye get their ankles broken in the ring and continue to fight AND win!!! I just dont think he's got the heart to go through a physically tough match. Funny I said the same thing about Arlovski LOL, but with him i'm just speculating, Frank Mir has showed this.
    You mean freeman but yeah similiar builds no doubt and USfighterFC is right Mir has no heart and always had halfass training camps, he only beat Simms becouse simms gassed worse then he did and its a sad day when your built up so much and not that much better then Simms

Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    You mean freeman but yeah similiar builds no doubt and USfighterFC is right Mir has no heart and always had halfass training camps, he only beat Simms becouse simms gassed worse then he did and its a sad day when your built up so much and not that much better then Simms

You're right I did mean freeman I'm always mixing them up. Same bald head same build and my dumbass.

Quil is offline Member
    I guess we'll find out how much heart the guy has. He's going to need a boatload of it to get back on top again. On a side note, I think it was one of the best UFC moments ever when he broke Sylvia's arm.

I guess we'll find out how much heart the guy has. He's going to need a boatload of it to get back on top again. On a side note, I think it was one of the best UFC moments ever when he broke Sylvia's arm.
    9 times out of 10 slyvia would have knocked Mir out. He followed Mir to the ground and made a mistake. Mir=paper tiger his best win is Sylvia and after that its Pete williams seriously if I here Rogan say one more time he is one of the best heavyweight grapplers of all time I am gonna puke or if he says small man jiu jitsu frank mirs bread and butter which is jiu jitsu is not that good Nog, Ricco,barnette,werdum, de pano all have better jiu jitsu then him Mir is not that good he was marketable thats it

BigSwol is offline Associate Member
    Just to interject, what do you think of Monson v Mir....or even Monson v PDP? I know ther wouldn't be much punching but a pretty good sub match I would think....also what are yalll thinkin of Silvia v Arlovski....goin on a limb but Arlovski, by KO.

BigSwol

Quil is offline Member
    I'd like to see Monson v Mir, although I think Monson might be getting in line for a shot at AA if things keep going the way they are. Monson v Mir would be a good ground fight.
    I think Sylvia v Arlovski II will be better than the first, but not by much. I still see Arlovski stopping him by Round 2.

I'd like to see Monson v Mir, although I think Monson might be getting in line for a shot at AA if things keep going the way they are. Monson v Mir would be a good ground fight.
    I think Sylvia v Arlovski II will be better than the first, but not by much. I still see Arlovski stopping him by Round 2.

I havent seen that much of Jeff Monson so I cant really make a call on him. I see Arlovski taking Sylvia again. AA is a damn fast counter striker.

Mir would get ate alive on the ground by monson. He is like a 2 adcc heavyweight champ. Mir has never even been invited Jeff trains with American top team does anyone even know what team Mir trains for. Secondanly there is bad blood between Monson and Pe de pano and I guess there match is coming up. The bad blood stems from Monson using a can opener which was a banned techinique to open De pano's guard and De pano tapped knowing he would win due to dq de pano that faked a neck injury also and Monson was Dq'ed alot of bad blood between the two from what I have heard

Red Monster is offline Associate Member
    I couldn't tell whether PDP win over Mir was a fluke or if the dudes a badass striker...

I'm guessing the snowman will wipe the ground with PDP on 4/15, but you never know.

And I also agree AA will probably drill Sylvia into the ground.

One thing I dont understand about the UFC is dudes getting title shots when they dont have a chance.

simm is offline Senior Member
    Don't know what's going on with Jeff monson at mo..He was in a car accident here in uk as he travelled to Manchester with James thompson..James told me on another website that jeff has flown back to usa for back trewatment!

Yes....I remeber this, everyone was pissed at PDP. Good call bro!

I believe Mir train at Las Vagas Combat Club, last I heard but that was before the accident, so who knows. I do know that Mir has lost at Grapplers Quest level, so to think he'd do good against Monson Not to knock Grapplers Quest, Im sure there is top comp there, no disrespect. Silvia dissapointed me his last fight, his punching doesn't seem powerful like AA's, he's in for another rough time. BTW go Forrest!

Later

Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    Mir would get ate alive on the ground by monson. He is like a 2 adcc heavyweight champ. Mir has never even been invited Jeff trains with American top team does anyone even know what team Mir trains for. Secondanly there is bad blood between Monson and Pe de pano and I guess there match is coming up. The bad blood stems from Monson using a can opener which was a banned techinique to open De pano's guard and De pano tapped knowing he would win due to dq de pano that faked a neck injury also and Monson was Dq'ed alot of bad blood between the two from what I have heard

Quil is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Monster
    One thing I dont understand about the UFC is dudes getting title shots when they dont have a chance.
    You mean like Just Eilers and Nate Quarry?

On a side note.....you guys really hate Mir!! Guess I opened up a can of worms with this thread.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    You mean like Just Eilers and Nate Quarry?

On a side note.....you guys really hate Mir!! Guess I opened up a can of worms with this thread.
    Theres not much love for him around here , should have read the threads right before his comeback, some harsh words.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    BLows my mind that theses guys are in the buisness like they are getting payed to train and learn so many great techiques.

Mir should not have put on mass, he should have lost bodyfat and worked on is cardio.

Whats the point of having an impressive built if you cant do nothing with it.

Look at Kimo for god sake.

I see Mir ending up in KOTC

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    BLows my mind that theses guys are in the buisness like they are getting payed to train and learn so many great techiques.

Mir should not have put on mass, he should have lost bodyfat and worked on is cardio.

Great point about Kimo, with Mir it almost seemed like he cycled and was in pct, or his natural test never came back. Shit almost looked like he just woke up......to a bad dream.

Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234

Mir was always a paper tiger with one solid win against Sylvia and he won that becouse Sylvia made a tatical error. Mir was never a top level heavyweight and he got exposed

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    Wasnt he training in muay thai with that crazy black guy there?

Hey lookie...lookie fellas, Monson v PDP at next UFC on the 15th, Hellz yah! That card looks pretty good, Silvia v AA, Forrest v Tito, Sherk v. Diaz, and the under cards look pretty good too.

Quil is offline Member
    Yeah, the card for 59 is looking strong. I'm looking forward to Monson v Cruz

Thread Information