Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    crossroad.. is offline New Member

Arrow Shamrock and Tito Ortiz as coaches!

Have you heard the news about the new coaches for TUF 3? I saw the commercial last week on Spike TV that Shamrocka nd Ortiz will be the coach this season, if im not mistaken there's an issue before that these two fighters hate each other, will that lead to a negative or positive outcome?

well guys this will be on thursday night at 10pm.

whats your opinion on this?

http://www.theultimatefighter.tv

SonGoku is offline Associate Member
    They were presented as the new coaches at the UFC 58 or was it 57?? I don't remember now. While presented in the octagon they were talking sh!t to each other. But that was probably staged!?!?? It'll probably give a little more drama to the show.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    I still don't like Tito...I don't see him as really passing on much real knowledge exept how to use pain killers

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah this has been known for at least 6 months now.

Smart-tony is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy
    I still don't like Tito...I don't see him as really passing on much real knowledge exept how to use pain killers
    Ya that will help in a fight.I stii love Ken as a fighter.But it seem as if he can't take a beating or pain.

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    this was announced at UFC 56...and Tito will put Ken into retirement after this fight. I like Ken Shamrock, but his days are long gone. he should have retired years ago.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    I am just anxous to see the ken shamrock qoutes worst insults/threats ever so anxous to see ken in full blown pms freaking out

Quil is offline Member
    If nothing else, it will be entertaining. Thursday night is going to be a good one for UFC fans.

Nasser is offline Associate Member
    Yea in the short bits of previews they were showing it looked like the teams were looking after their coaches instead of the other way around.
    Looked like a good heated argument between Ken and Tito.
    I know Ken has been at this a long time and I think he shoulda retired but I still would like to see him beat Tito and retire with a good win on his hands, he deserves it, been at this game a long time and everyone likes to go out with a W.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smart-tony
    Ya that will help in a fight.I stii love Ken as a fighter.But it seem as if he can't take a beating or pain.

He can't take a beating or pain??? Ken Shamrock has taken some terrible beatings and kept fighting. Even in his fight with Ortiz the doctor stopped the fight cuz Ken's face was just obliterated. He had a war with Don Frye thats prolly one of the best MMA matches of all time. All of his other matches were legit losses including a couple kneebars which is in my opinion one of the most painful submissions there are, right next to the kimura. His losses were all to good competition.

juiceboxxx is offline Banned
    This is old news bro! Tito is a pussy ass shit talker. Shamrock is a legend but after he loses to Tito he will retire once and for all. Tito doesnt respect anybody and he will get his ass kicked once he fights Liddle after he defeats Shamrock.
    Seasons 3 will be fun & exciting to watch! I believe they will fight some time in the show for a brief moment just to big up the PPV, for when the real fight takes place. It's entertainment bro, another way to make money.

This is old news bro! Tito is a pussy ass shit talker. Shamrock is a legend but after he loses to Tito he will retire once and for all. Tito doesnt respect anybody and he will get his ass kicked once he fights Liddle after he defeats Shamrock.
    Seasons 3 will be fun & exciting to watch! I believe they will fight some time in the show for a brief moment just to big up the PPV, for when the real fight takes place. It's entertainment bro, another way to make money.

newbie82 is offline Female Member
    You would think that Ken woudl be a little leery of the young'uns after the whole Franklin incident....but i'm w/ most of you tito is a bitch and i want to throw him down a flight of stairs.....but i am worried b/c although shamrock is hands down one of the best fighters he's gettign up there...it broke my heart to watch couturevs.liddell and shamrockvs.franklin, but at least i LIKE liddell and franklin..to see shamrock beat by tito would just make the whole wormhole collapse unto itself and i swear i will NEVER EVER watch ufc again. just pride. as far as all of it being staged, i don't think so. maybe played up by tito but not staged. those guys aren't actors. they are legitimatly pissed. sure, dana whites exploiting it, but they are getting payed so who cares??...i'm looking foward to thursday for sure. i wish pride would come out with a series also, that would be cool.....

Quote Originally Posted by newbie82
    You would think that Ken woudl be a little leery of the young'uns after the whole Franklin incident....but i'm w/ most of you tito is a bitch and i want to throw him down a flight of stairs.....but i am worried b/c although shamrock is hands down one of the best fighters he's gettign up there...it broke my heart to watch couturevs.liddell and shamrockvs.franklin, but at least i LIKE liddell and franklin..to see shamrock beat by tito would just make the whole wormhole collapse unto itself and i swear i will NEVER EVER watch ufc again. just pride. as far as all of it being staged, i don't think so. maybe played up by tito but not staged. those guys aren't actors. they are legitimatly pissed. sure, dana whites exploiting it, but they are getting payed so who cares??...i'm looking foward to thursday for sure. i wish pride would come out with a series also, that would be cool.....
    The worst thing of all is that Tito said I "wanna beat him again and retire his old ass once and for all". He has no respect for Ken and its going to be emberassing for Shamrock the legend once he loses.
    Pride wont do a ultimate becoming show. To the Japaniese people, this is pathetic. They love to see serious fighters that train HARDCORE. UFC is more commercial based kinda like WWE. Althought they have some tough, serious fighters like Liddle, Franklin, JSP,BJ penn, Arlovski, Matt Hughes, They will never top the Pride fighters.The weakest pride fighter will PROBABLY beat up any ufc fighter.

yes i agree with you on that, pride is much more hardcore. i just watched an interview w/ gomi and it was amazing..those men in pride are true warriors.

Tedbear981 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juiceboxxx
    The worst thing of all is that Tito said I "wanna beat him again and retire his old ass once and for all". He has no respect for Ken and its going to be emberassing for Shamrock the legend once he loses.
    Pride wont do a ultimate becoming show. To the Japaniese people, this is pathetic. They love to see serious fighters that train HARDCORE. UFC is more commercial based kinda like WWE. Althought they have some tough, serious fighters like Liddle, Franklin, JSP,BJ penn, Arlovski, Matt Hughes, They will never top the Pride fighters.The weakest pride fighter will PROBABLY beat up any ufc fighter.
    Thats putting it wrong, I love pride and am not a big UFC fan but BJ Penn beat gomi up pretty bad(I'd love to see it happen now because gomi has matured so much as a fighter since then)A.A is top five in the world in my book as is Chuck Lidell who beat a couple of good pride fighters. Matt Hughes would be a beast wherever he is as would St. Piere, so there are good fighters in the Ufc...Are you telling me that Giant Silva would beat A.A..c'mon bro

Quote Originally Posted by Tedbear981
    Thats putting it wrong, I love pride and am not a big UFC fan but BJ Penn beat gomi up pretty bad(I'd love to see it happen now because gomi has matured so much as a fighter since then)A.A is top five in the world in my book as is Chuck Lidell who beat a couple of good pride fighters. Matt Hughes would be a beast wherever he is as would St. Piere, so there are good fighters in the Ufc...Are you telling me that Giant Silva would beat A.A..c'mon bro
    You took it wrong! I didnt put it wrong bro. Member I said PROBABLY I love pride and Ufc if anything I'm more of a ufc fan due to the fact that its more entertaining. Of course there has been a few times that the Ufc fighters went to Pride and won a couple fights. That doesn't mean Ufc fighters are stronger then pride fighters.

I would say 25% of ufc fighters are SERIOUS & HARDCORE. 80% of them are the fighters I mentioned. The rest of them are just middle class mma fighters, learning as they go along.

Vanderlia Silvia got beat up by Vitor Belfort, and Tito Ortiz when he was in ufc just starting out and sucked. Now hes in Pride and hes beating the toughest fighters in the world. It doesn't matter which league you fight in. I'm just saying Pride fighters are much stronger, train way tougher and are more HARDCORE as compared to ufc fighters.

btw its funny how all the ufc fighters you have mentioned (that your reffering to as good fighters)
    , are the ufc fighters I was biggin up in my previous post.
    Last edited by juiceboxxx; 04-04-2006 at 05:56 PM.

oh well it's all mma and its all ****ing great so who cares......

gymnutt is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soo2bhuge
    this was announced at UFC 56...and Tito will put Ken into retirement after this fight. I like Ken Shamrock, but his days are long gone. he should have retired years ago.
    That's what makes him so much fun to watch. Even in defeat, Ken has an indomnitable spirit and acts like a true warrior. Makes me wonder how Ken and Tito would fare in a back alley without the fans and the cameras.

now that would be great.

Tedbear981 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juiceboxxx
    You took it wrong! I didnt put it wrong bro. Member I said PROBABLY I love pride and Ufc if anything I'm more of a ufc fan due to the fact that its more entertaining. Of course there has been a few times that the Ufc fighters went to Pride and won a couple fights. That doesn't mean Ufc fighters are stronger then pride fighters.

I would say 25% of ufc fighters are SERIOUS & HARDCORE. 80% of them are the fighters I mentioned. The rest of them are just middle class mma fighters, learning as they go along.

Vanderlia Silvia got beat up by Vitor Belfort, and Tito Ortiz when he was in ufc just starting out and sucked. Now hes in Pride and hes beating the toughest fighters in the world. It doesn't matter which league you fight in. I'm just saying Pride fighters are much stronger, train way tougher and are more HARDCORE as compared to ufc fighters.

btw its funny how all the ufc fighters you have mentioned (that your reffering to as good fighters)
    , are the ufc fighters I was biggin up in my previous post.
    you watch that whole ortiz silva fight?? Tito was running scared funny as hell...he won the decsion though, plus vitor got as lucky shot if I remember the fight correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedbear981
    you watch that whole ortiz silva fight?? Tito was running scared funny as hell...he won the decsion though, plus vitor got as lucky shot if I remember the fight correctly.
    I dont really remember the Tito and silvia fight. Although I do remember Silvia and Vitor fight.

Vitor knocked the living shyt out of Silvia right from the start. He just pounded on on the combos till big John Mcarthy stopped it.

The thing with Vitor is he has some serious heavy hand/combos and while hes fresh in rounds 1 or 2 he will use 90% of his energy.
    Hes the type of guy that when your fighting him you should try to take him to the ground and tire him out so by round 3 you take him due to the fact that he wont have any stamina. Though if he catches you with his combo (like he did with Silvia) then I feell sorry for any fighter.

The silva, Belfort beat was not the same Silva we see today, in my opinion Belfort is one of the biggest myths in MMA he has never really beaten anyone good there is no Old Vitor and New Vitor, just Vitor and he was never that great in mho. His best win should have been over Ortiz but he lost the split decision he had a good fight with chuck have never seen it but other then that he has never looked that good. Also his 2nd bout with Couture should have been ruled a no contest

crossroad.. is offline New Member

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    He can't take a beating or pain??? Ken Shamrock has taken some terrible beatings and kept fighting. Even in his fight with Ortiz the doctor stopped the fight cuz Ken's face was just obliterated. He had a war with Don Frye thats prolly one of the best MMA matches of all time. All of his other matches were legit losses including a couple kneebars which is in my opinion one of the most painful submissions there are, right next to the kimura. His losses were all to good competition.
    I agree with you, Ken won't stop himself when it comes to fighting. I bet he won't stand the fight on thursday doing nothing, (well, being the coach). I can visualize now some nasty words coming out of his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    The silva, Belfort beat was not the same Silva we see today, in my opinion Belfort is one of the biggest myths in MMA he has never really beaten anyone good there is no Old Vitor and New Vitor, just Vitor and he was never that great in mho. His best win should have been over Ortiz but he lost the split decision he had a good fight with chuck have never seen it but other then that he has never looked that good. Also his 2nd bout with Couture should have been ruled a no contest
    I somewhat agree with you. Although Vitor did beat Randy Courture and he thats when Randy was at his best. Vitor did use to be good till it came to the point which he wasnt ( I bet thats because of the fact that his sister went missing and got abducted I guess) that is some hard shit to have to go through and continue to fight and expect to be at your best while you have that thought in your head that you dont know whos got your sis and what they are doing with her, or if shes even alive. Thats sad and I feel for him

Silvia did use to suck I agree but hes the champ in Pride and hes beaten some of the toughest guys (including Sakurabi,Rampage,newton) etc... he is at his best right now and I honestly think he developed into a good fighter.

Ok I’m sick of everyone hating on belfort..

Lets remember…he’s stopped Tellingman (lion’den) by submission in the second minute, ferrozzo (guys like 300 and change) in the first minute, took out abbot in less than a min, , beat some bad-ass grappler in japan w/ an arm bar in round one, took out Vanderlai in under a minute, , TKO’s eastmin in the first minute, TKO’d couture in under 1:00, hedid get taken out by Couture, Liddel (and I don’t want to talk about tito) but those are top guys…not too many people can boast that record .. HE”S A DAMN GOOD FIGHTER and still one of my favorites.

Thumbs up

Lets remember…he’s stopped Tellingman (lion’den) by submission in the second minute, ferrozzo (guys like 300 and change) in the first minute, took out abbot in less than a min, , beat some bad-ass grappler in japan w/ an arm bar in round one, took out Vanderlai in under a minute, , TKO’s eastmin in the first minute, TKO’d couture in under 1:00, hedid get taken out by Couture, Liddel (and I don’t want to talk about tito) but those are top guys…not too many people can boast that record .. HE”S A DAMN GOOD FIGHTER and still one of my favorites.
    WoW, good points. I totally forgot to mention he beat Ferozzo the cow and Tank Abott (those are two tough power strikers) and they are in a way heavier weight division compared to Vitor.

ferozzo i was never to impressed with but he far outweighed belfort and belfort had already fought once that night....but abbott was a nightmare around that time..he was crazy..remember when he KO'd that guy, i forget his name, and the guy liek went into a seziure and started shaking on the ground? Abbott leaned over him and laughed and then mocked him, abbott started shaking , mimicking the guys seziure......abbot was a monster......vitor just dispatched him surgeon-style....

ferozzo i was never to impressed with but he far outweighed belfort and belfort had already fought once that night....but abbott was a nightmare around that time..he was crazy..remember when he KO'd that guy, i forget his name, and the guy liek went into a seziure and started shaking on the ground? Abbott leaned over him and laughed and then mocked him, abbott started shaking , mimicking the guys seziure......abbot was a monster......vitor just dispatched him surgeon-style....
    I remember....I dont like abbots attitude. Hes rude and not a well round fighter. Hes more of a power fighter. It shows in a interview they had with him, he said " I use to go to bars to pick fights with people" and thats how he got recognized. Hes a violent power striker, a monster lol, someone who I wouldn't want to piss off. Although if you get his fat ass on the ground and get him in a submission its over!

I would much rather choose Abbot over over Tito. Abbot is rude and disturbed but Tito is just a plain shyt talker. Even when he gets knocked out 2 minutes later he talks shyt and makes up excuses like comoon man you lost like a men so act like a men, suck it up,train hard come back and wiin with your fists not your mouth.

yup i'm with you 100%

Quil is offline Member
    Couture just broke down Vitor mentally in their last fight. He completely owned him in that fight...one of the classics. Vitor got robbed in that decision against Tito, though.

i'm going to make a shirt on Cafepress that says F@#% Tito. i'm serious. i hate that guy. no offense to tito lovers. yeah..you could see the desperation in vitors eyes..he has so much heart and emotion. that can be a downfall when you run into a calculated opponent who can capitilize on that.

Quil is offline Member
    That would be awesome. And on the back of the shirt, you could have an image of the Couture fight where Randy spanked him (literally). That would be sweet.

Sorry he cut couture its not like be beat him down he cut him in under 1:00 was a fluke should have been ruled a no contest. Tra is a solid win back in the day but ferrozzo has no skill and abott not impressive. He has some solid wins but not what people hold him up to. I am truly sorry about what happened to his sister he falls more in the lines of what could have been then a legend

and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

hey quil..do you think they could sue me for that? b/c that is a really good idea (the iamge w/randy)

and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

hey quil..do you think they could sue me for that? b/c that is a really good idea (the iamge w/randy)
    LOL noooo, its your opinion of him, like you say.
    FREEEEEEEEEEEEE country we living in. Plus its the truth TITO IS A PUSSY ASS CRY BABY.

yes i'm on cafe press right now...tshirts coming soon.....hahaha (i'm actually not joking)

Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    Sorry he cut couture its not like be beat him down he cut him in under 1:00 was a fluke should have been ruled a no contest. Tra is a solid win back in the day but ferrozzo has no skill and abott not impressive. He has some solid wins but not what people hold him up to. I am truly sorry about what happened to his sister he falls more in the lines of what could have been then a legend

I agree with you it was a fluke win. If randy didnt get cut he PROBABLY would have beaten Vitor.
    Ferozzo doesnt have skill I agree neither does Abott but still hes 1 tough power striker. In fact he has more losses then wins (I believe)
    Yeh I truly feel sorry for him and his family, Hopefully they will find and she will return safe.

I think Vitor is fighting in pride right now, I saw a fight ofhim not to long ago and it was in pride and he got his ass kicked and yes I agree hes not the same anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Quil
    Couture just broke down Vitor mentally in their last fight. He completely owned him in that fight...one of the classics. Vitor got robbed in that decision against Tito, though.
    Vitor did get robbed in that decision and it was unfair. Tito was afraid of him, you could see it in his eyes.
    The whole fight he had Vitor on the ground just moving him around and throwing a punch to the body ever now and then. It was more hugging then striking. I told you if Vitor doesnt take you in the 1st or 2nd round then it will be very difficult for him to actually win the fight.
    Tittos game plan was to tire him out and he did, so he won. It was pathetic though, a cheap win I'd say.

yes i'm on cafe press right now...tshirts coming soon.....hahaha (i'm actually not joking)
    Well when your done with it, send me a copy I'll wear it, take a picture with it, then fedex that shyt to Titoo the hunington BEACH FAGGET

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information