Sharky72 is offline Associate Member

Anybody else feel that Forrest got robbed?!

All in all, it was a close fight but, IMO Forrest was definitely the aggressor the 2nd and 3rd rnds! I cant wait for the rematch

hauss man is offline Member
    no, tito won! everyone just hates tito and rides forrests jock

Grant8010 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hauss man
    no, tito won! everyone just hates tito and rides forrests jock
    what part of the 2nd and 3rd round did Tito win????

oh thats right forrest dominated those rounds im sorry

pepperoni is offline Associate Member
    I think it was too close to call. First round to Tito obviously, and second to Forrest. The first half of the third round was all Forrest, but that take down by Tito saved him. It was too close to call, they should have had a fourth round to decide it.

i dont think that the takedown won it for him i think forrest looked sloppy and never controlled a round dominantely

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperoni
    I think it was too close to call. First round to Tito obviously, and second to Forrest. The first half of the third round was all Forrest, but that take down by Tito saved him. It was too close to call, they should have had a fourth round to decide it.
    A takedown doesn't really mean anything unless damage is done and tito did no damage with his last takedown. However the UFC really likes takedowns so I can see why it was scored based on there criteria

skinnyhb is offline Member
    no, tito won. tito landed more shots in the third, and they landed the same in the 2nd. there is some elaborate thing someone did, and ill try and find it. plus, the first round should have definately been like 10-8. either way, this has been covered in another thread.

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    Tito definitely won the first round. I can see how Forrest won the second round but he was very sloppy throughout 2nd and 3rd rounds. Tito's stand up and especially his jabs were the best of his career. Just watch those 2 rounds again and you'll see how many jabs he connected with. He had an answer to everyone of Forrest's attacks. I do think the takedown helped although no damage was done. At the same time, UFC is politics just like anything else in this world. I'm sure that his big name recognition, the marketing and his fight with Ken Shamrock and the possible rematch with Chuck Liddell were a big factor. Not to say that Forrest can't provide a better show, but he's still young and he'll be around for a while and he can be marketed in a different way. As much as we'd like to think that MMA is a pure sport with no politics involved, there are always reasons why something happens the way it does. Not to say that something did happen behind the scenes in this fight.

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    the only exciting part was the first round with tito...even when forrest started being "aggressive" it was boring

Grant8010 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hauss man
    oh thats right forrest dominated those rounds im sorry
    i never said that he dominated any of the rounds i was just saying that i and many others feel that 2nd and 3rd should have went to Forrest. just my opinion. Rematch will be good to see

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    Not to hijack the thread or anything, but did anyone else see Forrest giving the finger to someone in the first round while Tito was on top of him? I would just like to know who that was to.

Nytol is offline Member
    Tito won, his stand up and ground work were better, I thought Forrest did well to survive the GNP, but I thought Tito was def the winner.

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    Tito definitely won. 1st and 3rd go to Tito in my opinion with Forrest getting the 2nd. 3rd round was even pretty much until Tito took him down and the UFC judges take downs greatly. Personally, I think Tito would destroy him if they fight again...not hating on Forrest, I like him alot but just my opinion.

i dont think they will be fighting soon when tito beats ken im sure they will want to cash on all the hype with him and liddel in a rematch(if liddel still has it)

It was Ortiz’ night on the scorecards though, as ‘The Huntington Beach Bad Boy’ earned the close verdict via scores of 30-27, 28-29, and 29-27, as a huge first round and a few big moments in the final frame proved to be the difference, despite the fact that he entered the Octagon for the first time since February of 2005 with a laundry list of injuries.

I hurt my ACL before this fight,” said Ortiz. “I didn’t want to disappoint the fans so I knew I had to fight. Injuries are one of those things you have to fight through. I need to heal my injuries and relax for the next few weeks. I’m a competitor and I’ll be back. You only saw 70 percent of me. Forrest fought a great fight and you have to respect that.”

Quil is offline Member
    I think Tito won, but it was close. The biggest argument is whether the first round was 10-8 or 10-9.

FullMoonHowlingWolf is offline Senior Member
    I think Tito dominated the 1st round and it could have been a 10 - 8. Tito looked tired after that, but he did land some good jabs and his blows appeared crisper than Forrest's. After being pounded Forrest came alive and scored well in the 2nd. The third seemed very close and another round would have been nice to see. Initially I thought Forrest should have won, but after watching it again, Tito scored better shots and if the UFC is big on takedowns, then that's what probably won it for Tito, not to mention the politics.

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    Ortiz deserved to win,

Forrest only defended, and his punching wasn't effective - the majority of aggressive action in rounds 2 - 3 were titos' takedown attempts, and of course, Tito absolutley dominated round 1.

the judge who voted 27-30 in tito's favour should be fired, I certainly feel it should've gone to round 4, and i can understand arguments against Tito winning the decision (i.e. forrests endurance, cardio, continual striking)

BEER WHORE is offline Member
    whats his wallet was stolen...TITO is the man...he beat the man the pride champ

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    No way Tito won, first round was all his, second he won by a hair and third has well, he add some great counter punches too.

Forrest would have needed to knock him out or submit him to win, i dont think that Tito would have even lost a decision.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    Uh...come on... you're giving tito round 2? That's a stretch.

sonar1234 is offline Banned

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy
    Uh...come on... you're giving tito round 2? That's a stretch.
    Not by much but you have to admit that he countered pertty much every attach that forrest gave him, is jab was amazing has well.

Quil is offline Member
    Forrest won Round 2, no question.

purvurt is offline New Member
    Tito's stand up and especially his jabs were the best of his career.

Yes indeed it was! My jaw fell to the ground when i saw Tito throw those leg kicks! I think he even threw a head kick right? hahaha
    And I had it Rd. 1 Tito 10-8 Rd. 2 Forrest 10-9 Rd. 3 Tito 10-9

Like someone said earlier in the threas the UFC loves those takedowns so as soon as I saw the takedown in the third I knew it was his fight... Pretty good showing by both of them though. I was wondering why Tito's shots were so lazy (Grease maybe??? haha no lets not go there!) but that ACL injury cleared it up for me.

pepperoni is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    No way Tito won, first round was all his, second he won by a hair and third has well, he add some great counter punches too.

Forrest would have needed to knock him out or submit him to win, i dont think that Tito would have even lost a decision.
    oh he didn't even nearly win the second round at all. that is absurd

Quil is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by purvurt
    I was wondering why Tito's shots were so lazy (Grease maybe??? haha no lets not go there!)
    Oh no, now I've got to get started. That shit pissed me off when Tito starts saying that Forrest greased his legs...how ridiculous is that? Just own up to the fact that Forrest's sprawl was better than your shot (albeit probably due to the knee injury). Why you gotta take a shot at a fighter and call him a cheat? F'in ridiculous.

j3374 is offline Associate Member
    I gave the 2nd and 3rd rounds to Forrest.

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    forrest should have won it . ortiz basically won over getting his takedown in the first and even though he didnt do shit on top, he stayed on top and earned points from the judges. it was a close fight and should have went to a fourth round. ortiz was out of energy by the end of the fight, forrest had way better conditioning and if it did go to the fourth, forrest would have won without a doubt

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDfromGC
    ortiz basically won over getting his takedown in the first and even though he didnt do shit on top, he stayed on top and earned points from the judges.
    Forrests face would beg to differ...

Quil is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    Forrests face would beg to differ...
    Yeah, I'm with you on that one. Forrest got owned in the first round.

Thread Information