GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member

Rory KO's Solomon, 2nd Round via head-kick

(TUF Episode 5)

a glancing headkick KO'd solomon in the 2nd round,

Solomon (the black guy) won the 1st round and did a great job, he landed some clean blows while maintaining a top position and slammed rory

Rory (the tall jewish guy) though judges would've had him lose the first round, he controlled all the jujitsu portions of the wrestling and in the second round, of course won via head kick (or more accurately, knee to the head)

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    Yes I was happy Rory won...Something about Solomon annoyed me. That kick didnt look very powerful but it must of hit in the perfect spot.

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    He got knocked out He didnt even know what happened or won the fight..

Why is everybody picking on the Deaf Guy? i feel bad for him.

Quote Originally Posted by FaizakaFez
    He got knocked out He didnt even know what happened or won the fight..

Why is everybody picking on the Deaf Guy? i feel bad for him.
    it's because he goes 100% in training all the time, so no one wants to be his sparring partners (the chances of getting hurt are greater), plus Tito is giving more attention to Matt (causing jealousy) - essentially its because the deaf guy isn't being humble enough

I gotta say i have a new respect for Tito as a person and reality T.V. really shows his true colors I think he's an awesome coach as well as a person and Ken well just seems to be looking out for himself nowadays maybe like always.

I think if Tito wasn't such a great coach/trainer his team might have a couple losses but anyway it was a great episode and made my night seeing the cocky sh!t talker get KTFO and not have clue what happened...

Still can't wait to see what Ed Helms has to bring to the table I hope Matt (Deaf dude) fights him next and wins...

I really thought Solomen was gonna win, he was picked first i think by shamrock. Tito is an amazing coach he really makes shamrock look bad training wise. Bouncer- do you think Matt is just an intense guy? even though he has some one signing to him do u think it would be hard while grappling to look up and see what he is signing to you.. ( i just don't like ppl with disabilites to be made fun)

I really thought Solomen was gonna win, he was picked first i think by shamrock. Tito is an amazing coach he really makes shamrock look bad training wise. Bouncer- do you think Matt is just an intense guy? even though he has some one signing to him do u think it would be hard while grappling to look up and see what he is signing to you.. ( i just don't like ppl with disabilites to be made fun)
    I think solomon was one of the bottom third guys who were picked,

Basically Faizaka, i think matt uses his sparring partners strictly for his own benefit, and doesn't take the time to actually coach them or give them encouragement. I honestly dont believe he cares if he hurts his sparring partners during training. Matt's takedowns always seem to be 100% - often (in jujitsu atleast) once you obtain the leverage of a takedown the aggressor tones it down to 10-20% to give the defender time to embrace the fall impact, once the fall takes place, than the sparring jumps back to 40-50%. Going 100% is how people get injured, it has nothing to do with training intensity, the only time you should be going 100% is during cardio and while in legit matches.

I believe they make fun of Matt's disability only as a way to attack Matt himself, whenever you dont like someone, and they obviously have a social weakness it's always the first brunt of the jokes

of course, this is just my opinion

just to add on to my last post (notice the suttle whoring gentleman)

the new guys to jujitsu are always the most dangerous, senior jujitsu guys are the safest to roll with - reason being, is that new guys will go 100% and likely accidently hurt someone, senior guys will focus on positioning/setup submissions with as little effort possable.

As well, there are suttle things an untrained observer will not notice - for example 2 senior guys sparring, one establishes an armbar... immediatly the offender will give only as much effort as necessary to keep the hold, and gently apply pressure for submission. The defender, simotaneously will attempt a last ditch armbar rollout ('bas rutten escape' as we call it), if it is to late, the defender immediatly taps, if there is a possability of escape, the defender attempts it & continues sparring.

Now, in reality, the offender could have easily snapped the defenders arm in the same moment the armbar was established - however, by allowing the defender to attempt a unique move under mental pressure he has given much more experience to his training partner, and at the same time allowed the sparring match to continue which benefits cardio & of course continual positioning.

Now, imagine if you will, a training partner who will always go 100% - I would personally do everything I could NOT to train with that guy.

miguy82 is offline Associate Member
    ya i was hoping that cocky sob would lose.... sure enough i was geeked when i seen him out cold, too much trash talk got him no where

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    i havn't seen any shows this season cept the first one ... but i completely agree with bouncer... can always tell a white belt in bjj... those guys have no control at all... bouncing around using all that energy and putting themselves in such sh*ty position. I hate it when they use strength instead of technique in training.

Dreaming2B-BIG is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by miguy82
    ya i was hoping that cocky sob would lose.... sure enough i was geeked when i seen him out cold, too much trash talk got him no where
    My thoughts exactly!!

pepperoni is offline Associate Member
    ya I'm so happy Soloman lost, him and Kendall are both so annoying when they are together. and Ortiz is doing a damn good job coaching, he called for that head kick and it worked perfectly.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperoni
    ya I'm so happy Soloman lost, him and Kendall are both so annoying when they are together. and Ortiz is doing a damn good job coaching, he called for that head kick and it worked perfectly.

EXACTLY what i was thinking ..... miguy makes a good point too

Quil is offline Member
    TEAM DAGGER....what a fvckin joke. Solomon talked too much shit, and got embarrassed...I was happy to see it. *after getting kicked in the head* "...what happened? Is it over?"

As far as Tito goes, I have to admit he's doing a much better job than Shamrock, but I still hate his ass. I was beginning to think he was a real human being, until after his fight with Forrest and he accused Forrest of greasing the backs of his legs to avoid his (Tito's) takedowns. Low class...exactly the reason I hated him to begin with.

I feel sorry for Kalib being on Shamrocks team, at the same time, I guarntee that Shamrocks team will only benefit from his coaching (Kalib's)

Logan13 is offline Banned

let your fists (or knee) do the talking.....

Quote Originally Posted by GQ-Bouncer
    (TUF Episode 5)

a glancing headkick KO'd solomon in the 2nd round,

Solomon (the black guy) won the 1st round and did a great job, he landed some clean blows while maintaining a top position and slammed rory

Rory (the tall jewish guy) though judges would've had him lose the first round, he controlled all the jujitsu portions of the wrestling and in the second round, of course won via head kick (or more accurately, knee to the head)
    I loved that Solomon got knocked the fuk out. He talked way too much........

Quote Originally Posted by GQ-Bouncer
    just to add on to my last post (notice the suttle whoring gentleman)

the new guys to jujitsu are always the most dangerous, senior jujitsu guys are the safest to roll with - reason being, is that new guys will go 100% and likely accidently hurt someone, senior guys will focus on positioning/setup submissions with as little effort possable.

As well, there are suttle things an untrained observer will not notice - for example 2 senior guys sparring, one establishes an armbar... immediatly the offender will give only as much effort as necessary to keep the hold, and gently apply pressure for submission. The defender, simotaneously will attempt a last ditch armbar rollout ('bas rutten escape' as we call it), if it is to late, the defender immediatly taps, if there is a possability of escape, the defender attempts it & continues sparring.

Now, in reality, the offender could have easily snapped the defenders arm in the same moment the armbar was established - however, by allowing the defender to attempt a unique move under mental pressure he has given much more experience to his training partner, and at the same time allowed the sparring match to continue which benefits cardio & of course continual positioning.

Now, imagine if you will, a training partner who will always go 100% - I would personally do everything I could NOT to train with that guy.

very tru im not a fighter what so ever just started to get intrested this past month. More into bodybuilding but thanks for the info

very tru im not a fighter what so ever just started to get intrested this past month. More into bodybuilding but thanks for the info
    for sure brutha, i'm not a fighter eithier, just train in jujitsu and compete in local (ultra-relaxed) tournaments

swollpatroll is offline New Member
    rory is a fag and got lucky. this is mma and thats always a chance

Thread Information