zimmy is offline Anabolic Member

TUF 3 middleweight fight

now i am watching this season sparingly...but i saw that big middleweight fighter with the jacked teeth say that same ol striker sh*t. "all it takes is one punch". JEEEEEZ. Will these people EVER get past relying on that. Funny thing is... that is all it took...one week kick to the head to take a tired ass guy down.

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    lol a grappler will beat a striker 90% of the time...unless the striker is like Liddell with a phenomenal sprawl.

well liddell is a champion wrestler too...can't forget that

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy
    now i am watching this season sparingly...but i saw that big middleweight fighter with the jacked teeth say that same ol striker sh*t. "all it takes is one punch". JEEEEEZ. Will these people EVER get past relying on that. Funny thing is... that is all it took...one week kick to the head to take a tired ass guy down.

tell that to nate quarry after his match with franklin

that one punch knocked his ass out hard

it's one thing to be prepared for an even matched fight and land a lucky / solid ONE shot... but it's another to train and hope for a one blow fight

kihop is offline Associate Member
    Only really good "pure" strikers currently in MMA (excluding K-1) are Chuck and Cro Cop.

That being said, that dude missing his tooth was annoying. His over confidence resulted in him not seeing a sloppy ass kick to the dome piece.

Quil is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bathgate

Dude, that was one of the hardest, cleanest punches I've seen. Wow.

skinnyhb is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kihop
    Only really good "pure" strikers currently in MMA (excluding K-1) are Chuck and Cro Cop.

That being said, that dude missing his tooth was annoying. His over confidence resulted in him not seeing a sloppy ass kick to the dome piece.

chuck was a D1 wrestler and i think is a purple belt in bjj. thats why he can keep it standing.

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member

Not entirely true. His fatique played a large part in that KO because that kick was telegraphed and sloppy as hell. Solomon was trying to duck the kick but was too slow, due to extremely poor cardio, and caught a knee instead of a foot or shin. Just goes to show you that a technically superior and more powerful fighter will lose if his cardio sucks. Ken should know that and he should have been training his fighters a LOT harder, especially the middleweights. I can't even count the number of fights I've seen lost due to poor cardio, and Tito knows this.

juiceboxxx is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bathgate

no offense but quarry is no challenge. I think I canbeat him up He wasn't ready for that fight against Franklin. Franklin was way to powerfull for him.

simm is offline Senior Member
    Imo shorther guys need better cardio than taller guys in the same weight division as themselves,as armspan/legs come into play later on in the fight and it is then harder for the shorter guy to close distance etc cause he is gassed..Gassed = Ko'd

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member

excellent example (Cro Cop)

he actually has his blackbelt in Aiki Jujitsu - just goes to show what kind of training you need these days to be successful

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member

excellent example (Cro Cop)

he actually has his blackbelt in Aiki Jujitsu - just goes to show what kind of training you need these days to be successful

Thread Information